/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam for Non Muslims

theabsurdist
03-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Hey all.
I'm a young Muslim, with some important question regarding religion in my head. I do realize these questions/confusions reg. Islam are a little lot triggering if asked on a personal, face to face level, hence my quest on social media. I respect all point of views, it'd be great if you guys do the same.
Quran is pretty much the most authentic source of Islamic knowledge for the whole humankind. I know some of my friends (Non Muslims) were interested in Islam but had to move a few steps back due to some harsh (?) statements in the Quran.
"Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom." 3:21
"Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die." 2:6-7
"Those who disbelieve in the Quran, for whatever reason, are cursed by Allah, the angels, and men combined. So every good Muslim must join Allah and the angels in cursing nonbelievers." 2:161
"The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers." 2:254
"Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire." 2:257
I welcome all sort of insights as long as they don't hurt the religious sentiments of any other person. Keep your replies polite and easy to go with.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
03-29-2020, 09:15 AM
Some of those aren't even verses of the Quran

Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die.

So every good Muslim must join Allah and the angels in cursing nonbelievers.

These aren't verses

- - - Updated - - -

Smh.

theabsurdist
03-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Dear, friend:
Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - upon them will be the curse of Allah and of the angels and the people, all together. (Surah Al Baqarah - Verse number 161)
For further verification, do visit:
https://quran.com/2/161?translations=101,85,19,17,84,21,20,18,95

And I do apologize for the wrong interpretations of the verses.
Qur'an, actually says, "
"Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment." Also, "Abiding eternally therein. The punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be reprieved"

Still, I need an answer. Plus, what becomes of the other verses that clearly state the negative feelings towards other religions? I'm not against Islam, at all. I'm just a young soul in search for some answers.

2rahmah
03-29-2020, 12:03 PM
Since you are still young, suggest you to learn arabic by yourselves and learn the tafseer.
The verses is so many different with sahih international translation.
I don't recommend to take half verse or so, because many of verses in Al-Quran connected one and another.
Don't take any verses (ayah) based on our mere understanding, seek knowledge from tafseer book or person who know more (scholar/mufti)
and seek Allah protection from Syaitan before read Quran. Clean our heart before read, ask Allah for understanding before read.

and Lastly, I have some non Muslim friends, i would not give them Quran verses, i have limited knowledge on it.
I try to be a good muslim, by doing what Rasul did. Many interested to islam, but many Moslem not understand islam, don't even do islamic practice. that's why they lost interest.
May Allah open our hearts to accept hidayah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
theabsurdist
03-29-2020, 02:38 PM
Amen. Thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.