/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Separation in Islam

aabdullahi
04-02-2020, 02:31 PM
My name is Abdul and I have question regarding divorce and separation in Islam.

My wife and I got in a nasty argument caused her to leave the home go life with her mother and we have been living separately for 6 month now. We have two kids together and now she is saying our marriage is dissolved under Islamic law. I love my life as Allah is my Wittiness and I’m trying find out if my marriage was is automatically dissolve because we have been separated for 6 month not living together?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Niqabi_girl36
04-02-2020, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aabdullahi

My wife and I got in a nasty argument caused her to leave the home go life with her mother and we have been living separately for 6 month now. We have two kids together and now she is saying our marriage is dissolved under Islamic law. I love my life as Allah is my Wittiness and I’m trying find out if my marriage was is automatically dissolve because we have been separated for 6 month not living together?
As long as the husband has not uttered the word of divorce to her, and the wife has not gone to the qaadi to seek a divorce, then divorce has not taken place.

She will be still ur wife and divorce does not take place automatically. Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked when a woman is considered to be divorced. He said:

“A woman is considered to be divorced when her husband pronounces the word of divorce to her, when he is of sound mind and under no compulsion to do so, and there is no impediment to divorce such as his being insane or intoxicated, etc., and the woman is pure (not menstruating or bleeding following childbirth) and he has not had intercourse with her since she became pure, or she is pregnant or post-menopausal.”

Fataawa al-Talaaq by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 1/35

Allah knows best

MazharShafiq
04-02-2020, 02:47 PM
no your marriage is not automatically dissolve without divorce.

'Abd-al Latif
04-02-2020, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aabdullahi

The answer is no. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. As long as you did not pronounce divorce, your marriage is valid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aabdullahi
04-04-2020, 11:42 AM
What if my wife refuse the marriage completely and wish to live separately and be completely independent from me. What does Islam says about woman wanting to dissolve their marriage to live an independent life? Also can a wife put her husband on child support from a kafir court while their married and the man is providing for their children?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.