/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't afford university

Lx77
04-03-2020, 04:20 AM
Hi, hope everyone's doing well.

I'm 18 and I've just finished college. My ideal plan is to go to university and study (only way I can be in the career I want to be) in september 2020. However, I have realised that student loans are haram. Some are saying it's permissible to take a student loan, however, others argue it isn't due to the interest. Because of this, I'm not sure what to do anymore. I have no other option for my tuition fees to be paid as I don't have any family who could help me. I only live with my mother, who's unemployed. The rest of my "family" we don't talk to. I don't have a job myself as it's so difficult to get one these days, I have been applying, yet none seem to get back to me. I genuinely wouldn't mind working full-time and save up until I have enough money to go to university, however, the problem with this is what if I don't even get a full-time job? It's actually so hard these days, I'm 18, just left school, no experience whatsoever. I know that instead of going to university one can do an "apprenticeship" but I don't want to do an apprenticeship, plus the job I want, the only way to get in is through having a degree.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Is there a mosque, where an Imam can give you fatwa? Ribba is something that is not permissible and we would not advocate it. But Allag knows your situation. I realize in the future for Grad school, I may end up taking loans as well. Not because I want to but because I need to. I remember I asked my imam, he said Allah does not burden you beyond necessary. If you can try to get scholarships or go to community College since they are cheap. If you must get a loan, then realize it is a sin but Allah will understand because you are doing it out of necessity. I may end up taking loan, and it is a sin and I will not deny that. But at end you have no choice. As prophet Muhammad SAW said there is no one in my ummah that dust of interest won't touch them. So you do your best and if you are forced to...just know Allah is Ar Rahman AR Rahim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.