/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to get ready for Ramadan when on psychiatric pills?

SintoDinto
04-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Ive fasted voluntarily in the past, but ive had to suspend ramadan in the past at the recommendation of a doctor due to the fasting in sequence leading to aggression, possible psychosis and irritability when withdrawn from food and drink simultaneously from pills which i take twice a day. but now, i feel ready. i dont know what it is, but ive fasted multiple days during the month of shaban and i feel that now that covid 19 has led to a qurantine, i dont have the option of junk food, i can exercise (havent tried it yet but inshaallah i will) will eat healthy, drink plenty, eat plenty of protein, sleep in afternoon, now that im not working since i made an agreement with my mom to avoid retail work to avoid infecting her since she is high risk, and studying more in university in exchange for living off her salary during quarantine and i was already not working anyway, due to my disabilties. how else can i prepare? have i said anything wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
04-10-2020, 11:53 AM
If this is the first Ramadan you will fast, there are many threads about Ramadan you can read.
That way you are more prepared, more aware of how to fast properly, how to maximize reward in this month and so on.

BeTheChange
04-10-2020, 04:07 PM
Aslamualykum

Don't fast too much in the month of shabaan that you exhaust yourself and you are tired when ramdhaan starts so please rmemeber to take breaks in between and start again. You know your body and mind better than anyone insha Allah. Alhamdulilah you are right in what you are doing training beforehand. Remember to drink lots of water as well. May we see Ramadhan and may this Ramaadhan be the one that changes us for the better Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.