/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan, Therawi and Eid prayers

Imraan
04-05-2020, 12:03 PM
Assalam walaikum

Hope everyone and their families are in good health and imaan insh Allah...

This will be the first time in the lifetime of many many people where therawi congregations at the masjid (including eid prayers) will be bypassed due to social distancing.

What does everyone plan to do during Ramadan and for the morning eid prayer.

What is the most correct procedure to follow in regards to
a) therawee prayers of 8 or 20 units of prayer, I myself observe 20, normally I would attend masjid and pray in congregation led by imam.
b) Eid salaah 2 units of prayer normally performed at the masjid led by imam

Because we are now stuck in our homes until further notice, what should we do...?

Jazak Allah in advance for everyones input and guidance.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
04-05-2020, 06:33 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

May Allāh protect you & your family from harm.

If you are able - you or someone else can lead the five salāh & tarawīh at home.

When praying behind an imām , we pray twenty or eight rak'ahs. Mostly twenty.

"...Night prayers are broad in scope, and there is no set number. Whoever wants to pray eleven rak’ahs may do so, and whoever wants to pray more or less than that may do so. The same applies to Taraweeh prayers in Ramadaan.

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (23/113):

One group said that it is proven in al-Saheeh from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet did not pray more than thirteen rak’ahs in Ramadaan or at any other time, and some people were uncertain about this report, because they thought that it contradicted the saheeh hadeeth and because of the practice of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs and the actions of the Muslims.

But the correct view is that all of that is good, as was stated by Imam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him). There is no set number of rak’ahs for qiyaam during Ramadaan, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not set a number. End quote. ..." 1

Allāh knows best.
-----------
1. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8215...eased-with-him

'Abdullah
04-07-2020, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Assalam walaikum

Hope everyone and their families are in good health and imaan insh Allah...

This will be the first time in the lifetime of many many people where therawi congregations at the masjid (including eid prayers) will be bypassed due to social distancing.

What does everyone plan to do during Ramadan and for the morning eid prayer.

What is the most correct procedure to follow in regards to
a) therawee prayers of 8 or 20 units of prayer, I myself observe 20, normally I would attend masjid and pray in congregation led by imam.
b) Eid salaah 2 units of prayer normally performed at the masjid led by imam

Because we are now stuck in our homes until further notice, what should we do...?

Jazak Allah in advance for everyones input and guidance.....
Assalam O Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

That he was informed by `Aisha, "Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went out
in the middle of the night
and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet (ﷺ) came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but
I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on.
" So, Allah's Apostle died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually). "

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي عُرْوَةُ، أَنَّ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ أَخْبَرَتْهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم خَرَجَ لَيْلَةً مِنْ جَوْفِ اللَّيْلِ، فَصَلَّى فِي الْمَسْجِدِ، وَصَلَّى رِجَالٌ بِصَلاَتِهِ، فَأَصْبَحَ النَّاسُ فَتَحَدَّثُوا، فَاجْتَمَعَ أَكْثَرُ مِنْهُمْ، فَصَلَّوْا مَعَهُ، فَأَصْبَحَ النَّاسُ فَتَحَدَّثُوا، فَكَثُرَ أَهْلُ الْمَسْجِدِ مِنَ اللَّيْلَةِ الثَّالِثَةِ، فَخَرَجَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَصَلَّى، فَصَلَّوْا بِصَلاَتِهِ، فَلَمَّا كَانَتِ اللَّيْلَةُ الرَّابِعَةُ عَجَزَ الْمَسْجِدُ عَنْ أَهْلِهِ، حَتَّى خَرَجَ لِصَلاَةِ الصُّبْحِ، فَلَمَّا قَضَى الْفَجْرَ أَقْبَلَ عَلَى النَّاسِ، فَتَشَهَّدَ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏ "‏ أَمَّا بَعْدُ، فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَخْفَ عَلَىَّ مَكَانُكُمْ، وَلَكِنِّي خَشِيتُ أَنْ تُفْتَرَضَ عَلَيْكُمْ فَتَعْجِزُوا عَنْهَا ‏"‏‏.‏ فَتُوُفِّيَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَالأَمْرُ عَلَى ذَلِكَ

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2012
In-book reference: Book 31, Hadith 5
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 32, Hadith 229
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/31/5
From above hadith we learn the following:
  • It is Sunnah to pray Taraweeh in the middle of the night just like Tahajjud prayer. We pray after Isha because most people will not be able to join the night prayer and it is more convenient to pray for us right after Isha.
  • Taraweeh can be offered in congregation as well as by yourself at home. For the three nights mentioned in the hadith, Taraweeh prayer was offered in congregation but then Prophet (peace be upon him) offered it by himself at home for the rest of his life. We will also see that some companions also used to pray Taraweeh at their own without congregational prayer (I will quote hadiths later on this subject).
  • Taraweeh is not obligatory and if one does not pray it there is no sin on him/her. The proof of this is in the last part of hadith I quoted above. I understand people have difference of opinion on this regard, but I mentioned it based on my understanding of hadith.

'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said,
"I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

وَعَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ بْنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَبْدٍ الْقَارِيِّ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ خَرَجْتُ مَعَ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ لَيْلَةً فِي رَمَضَانَ، إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ، فَإِذَا النَّاسُ أَوْزَاعٌ مُتَفَرِّقُونَ يُصَلِّي الرَّجُلُ لِنَفْسِهِ، وَيُصَلِّي الرَّجُلُ فَيُصَلِّي بِصَلاَتِهِ الرَّهْطُ فَقَالَ عُمَرُ إِنِّي أَرَى لَوْ جَمَعْتُ هَؤُلاَءِ عَلَى قَارِئٍ وَاحِدٍ لَكَانَ أَمْثَلَ‏.‏ ثُمَّ عَزَمَ فَجَمَعَهُمْ عَلَى أُبَىِّ بْنِ كَعْبٍ، ثُمَّ خَرَجْتُ مَعَهُ لَيْلَةً أُخْرَى، وَالنَّاسُ يُصَلُّونَ بِصَلاَةِ قَارِئِهِمْ، قَالَ عُمَرُ نِعْمَ الْبِدْعَةُ هَذِهِ، وَالَّتِي يَنَامُونَ عَنْهَا أَفْضَلُ مِنَ الَّتِي يَقُومُونَ‏.‏ يُرِيدُ آخِرَ اللَّيْلِ، وَكَانَ النَّاسُ يَقُومُونَ أَوَّلَهُ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2010
In-book reference: Book 31, Hadith 3
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 32, Hadith 227
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/31/
The above hadith shows followings:
  • Some people were praying Taraweeh (Night Prayer at night) alone as I discussed earlier. While others were praying in small groups.
  • It is better to sleep after Isha and pray Taraweeh (night prayer in Ramadan) in last part of the night.
  • It is okay if one prays it early (after Isha) because this was approved by Umar (RA).

Narrated Abu Salama bin `Abdur Rahman:
that he asked `Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven rak`at in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four rak`at ---- let alone their beauty and length----and then he would pray four ----let alone their beauty and length ---- and then he would pray three rak`at (witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Do you sleep before praying the witr?' He replied, 'O `Aisha! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي مَالِكٌ، عَنْ سَعِيدٍ الْمَقْبُرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، أَنَّهُ سَأَلَ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ كَيْفَ كَانَتْ صَلاَةُ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي رَمَضَانَ فَقَالَتْ مَا كَانَ يَزِيدُ فِي رَمَضَانَ، وَلاَ فِي غَيْرِهَا عَلَى إِحْدَى عَشْرَةَ رَكْعَةً، يُصَلِّي أَرْبَعًا فَلاَ تَسَلْ عَنْ حُسْنِهِنَّ وَطُولِهِنَّ، ثُمَّ يُصَلِّي أَرْبَعًا فَلاَ تَسَلْ عَنْ حُسْنِهِنَّ وَطُولِهِنَّ، ثُمَّ يُصَلِّي ثَلاَثًا‏.‏ فَقُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ، أَتَنَامُ قَبْلَ أَنْ تُوتِرَ قَالَ ‏ "‏ يَا عَائِشَةُ إِنَّ عَيْنَىَّ تَنَامَانِ وَلاَ يَنَامُ قَلْبِي ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2013
In-book reference: Book 31, Hadith 6
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 32, Hadith 230
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/31/6
In another hadith:

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The prayer of the Prophet (ﷺ) used to be of thirteen rak`at, i.e. of the night prayer.

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ شُعْبَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو جَمْرَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ كَانَ صَلاَةُ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ثَلاَثَ عَشْرَةَ رَكْعَةً‏.‏ يَعْنِي بِاللَّيْلِ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1138
In-book reference: Book 19, Hadith 19
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 239
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/19/19

And in another hadith:

Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to offer thirteen rak`at of the night prayer and that included the witr and two rak`at (Sunna) of the Fajr prayer.

حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُوسَى، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا حَنْظَلَةُ، عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ قَالَتْ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُصَلِّي مِنَ اللَّيْلِ ثَلاَثَ عَشْرَةَ رَكْعَةً مِنْهَا الْوِتْرُ وَرَكْعَتَا الْفَجْرِ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1140
In-book reference: Book 19, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 241
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/19/21
The hadiths I quoted in this post are all from Sahih Bukhari. I did see the post brother @Caplets posted above. Based on that I can conclude the following:

• Prophet (peace be upon him) never prayed more than 11 or 13 rakahs in night prayer. 13 Rakahs included Witr prayer and 2 Sunnah of Fajr.
  • Companions at the time of Umar used to pray 20 or more Rakahs for Taraweeh prayer.

Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah:

AbdurRahman ibn Amr as-Sulami and Hujr ibn Hujr said: We came to Irbad ibn Sariyah who was among those about whom the following verse was revealed: "Nor (is there blame) on those who come to thee to be provided with mounts, and when thou saidst: "I can find no mounts for you."
We greeted him and said: We have come to see you to give healing and obtain benefit from you.
Al-Irbad said: One day the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) led us in prayer, then faced us and gave us a lengthy exhortation at which the eyes shed tears and the hearts were afraid.
A man said: Messenger of Allah! It seems as if it were a farewell exhortation, so what injunction do you give us?
He then said: I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to hear and obey even if it be an Abyssinian slave, for those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided caliphs. Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error.

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ حَنْبَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ثَوْرُ بْنُ يَزِيدَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي خَالِدُ بْنُ مَعْدَانَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ عَمْرٍو السُّلَمِيُّ، وَحُجْرُ بْنُ حُجْرٍ، قَالاَ أَتَيْنَا الْعِرْبَاضَ بْنَ سَارِيَةَ وَهُوَ مِمَّنْ نَزَلَ فِيهِ ‏{‏ وَلاَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ إِذَا مَا أَتَوْكَ لِتَحْمِلَهُمْ قُلْتَ لاَ أَجِدُ مَا أَحْمِلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ ‏}‏ فَسَلَّمْنَا وَقُلْنَا أَتَيْنَاكَ زَائِرِينَ وَعَائِدِينَ وَمُقْتَبِسِينَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ الْعِرْبَاضُ صَلَّى بِنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ذَاتَ يَوْمٍ ثُمَّ أَقْبَلَ عَلَيْنَا فَوَعَظَنَا مَوْعِظَةً بَلِيغَةً ذَرَفَتْ مِنْهَا الْعُيُونُ وَوَجِلَتْ مِنْهَا الْقُلُوبُ فَقَالَ قَائِلٌ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ كَأَنَّ هَذِهِ مَوْعِظَةُ مُوَدِّعٍ فَمَاذَا تَعْهَدُ إِلَيْنَا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ أُوصِيكُمْ بِتَقْوَى اللَّهِ وَالسَّمْعِ وَالطَّاعَةِ وَإِنْ عَبْدًا حَبَشِيًّا فَإِنَّهُ مَنْ يَعِشْ مِنْكُمْ بَعْدِي فَسَيَرَى اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا فَعَلَيْكُمْ بِسُنَّتِي وَسُنَّةِ الْخُلَفَاءِ الْمَهْدِيِّينَ الرَّاشِدِينَ تَمَسَّكُوا بِهَا وَعَضُّوا عَلَيْهَا بِالنَّوَاجِذِ وَإِيَّاكُمْ وَمُحْدَثَاتِ الأُمُورِ فَإِنَّ كُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)
Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 4607
In-book reference: Book 42, Hadith 12
English translation: Book 41, Hadith 4590
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/42/12
Prophet (peace be upon him) could have said follow my way but the fact he said that follow my and the way of rightly guided caliphs gives us a lot of flexibility Alhamdulillah. All four Caliphs were different but none called other one misguided. There is a lesson in this for us all. We should be more open minded and flexible. It appears both ways are fine and in accordance to the Sunnah of Prophet (peace be upon him). One can pray as many Rakah as they want. The purpose is to enjoy the prayer and connect with Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala instead of arguing and fighting over trivial issues and making a prayer burden upon us.

May Allah keep us united and give us better understanding of our Deen. Ameen!

If Allah wills, we will be able to pray Taraweeh in masjid in this Ramadan In Sha'a Allah and if it does not happen, be happy with Allah's decree and have patience. In Sha'a Allah, we will be rewarded for having an intention to pray in masjid if the opportunity comes. Allah is all Wise and He knows what we do not know. In Sha'a Allah when everything settles down, we will see that there was much benefit in this for believers.

Just want to end this post with two hadiths - sorry for a long post:

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
We accompanied the Prophet (ﷺ) in an expedition when he (ﷺ) said, "Some people have remained behind us in Al-Madinah, and we never cross a valley but they are with us. They share the reward with us because they have been held back by valid excuse."

In another narration the wordings are: "...by any genuine excuse."

In another narration the wordings are: "They are your partners in reward."

[Al- Bukhari].

https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/12/58
The meaning of this hadith is that if a person intends to do a good deed, but is then unable to complete it due to an obstacle in his way, the reward for what he intended would still be recorded for him.

In another hadith:
Narrated Abu Musa:
I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) many times say: When a servant of Allah is accustomed to do a good work, then becomes ill or goes on journey, what was accustomed to do when he was well and staying at home will be recorded for him.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عِيسَى، وَمُسَدَّدٌ، - الْمَعْنَى - قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، عَنِ الْعَوَّامِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ السَّكْسَكِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم غَيْرَ مَرَّةٍ وَلاَ مَرَّتَيْنِ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ إِذَا كَانَ الْعَبْدُ يَعْمَلُ عَمَلاً صَالِحًا فَشَغَلَهُ عَنْهُ مَرَضٌ أَوْ سَفَرٌ كُتِبَ لَهُ كَصَالِحِ مَا كَانَ يَعْمَلُ وَهُوَ صَحِيحٌ مُقِيمٌ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Reference: Sunan Abi Dawud 3091
In-book reference: Book 21, Hadith 3
English translation: Book 20, Hadith 3085
http://sunnah.com/abudawud/21/3
And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

Imraan
04-09-2020, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman

From above hadith we learn the following:
  • It is Sunnah to pray Taraweeh in the middle of the night just like Tahajjud prayer. We pray after Isha because most people will not be able to join the night prayer and it is more convenient to pray for us right after Isha.
  • Taraweeh can be offered in congregation as well as by yourself at home. For the three nights mentioned in the hadith, Taraweeh prayer was offered in congregation but then Prophet (peace be upon him) offered it by himself at home for the rest of his life. We will also see that some companions also used to pray Taraweeh at their own without congregational prayer (I will quote hadiths later on this subject).
  • Taraweeh is not obligatory and if one does not pray it there is no sin on him/her. The proof of this is in the last part of hadith I quoted above. I understand people have difference of opinion on this regard, but I mentioned it based on my understanding of hadith.

The above hadith shows followings:
  • Some people were praying Taraweeh (Night Prayer at night) alone as I discussed earlier. While others were praying in small groups.
  • It is better to sleep after Isha and pray Taraweeh (night prayer in Ramadan) in last part of the night.
  • It is okay if one prays it early (after Isha) because this was approved by Umar (RA).

In another hadith:

And in another hadith:

The hadiths I quoted in this post are all from Sahih Bukhari. I did see the post brother @Caplets posted above. Based on that I can conclude the following:

• Prophet (peace be upon him) never prayed more than 11 or 13 rakahs in night prayer. 13 Rakahs included Witr prayer and 2 Sunnah of Fajr.
  • Companions at the time of Umar used to pray 20 or more Rakahs for Taraweeh prayer.

Prophet (peace be upon him) could have said follow my way but the fact he said that follow my and the way of rightly guided caliphs gives us a lot of flexibility Alhamdulillah. All four Caliphs were different but none called other one misguided. There is a lesson in this for us all. We should be more open minded and flexible. It appears both ways are fine and in accordance to the Sunnah of Prophet (peace be upon him). One can pray as many Rakah as they want. The purpose is to enjoy the prayer and connect with Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala instead of arguing and fighting over trivial issues and making a prayer burden upon us.

May Allah keep us united and give us better understanding of our Deen. Ameen!

If Allah wills, we will be able to pray Taraweeh in masjid in this Ramadan In Sha'a Allah and if it does not happen, be happy with Allah's decree and have patience. In Sha'a Allah, we will be rewarded for having an intention to pray in masjid if the opportunity comes. Allah is all Wise and He knows what we do not know. In Sha'a Allah when everything settles down, we will see that there was much benefit in this for believers.

Just want to end this post with two hadiths - sorry for a long post:

The meaning of this hadith is that if a person intends to do a good deed, but is then unable to complete it due to an obstacle in his way, the reward for what he intended would still be recorded for him.

In another hadith:

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam
Any opinion on the Eid prayer congregation?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
04-09-2020, 10:57 PM

We pray to Allah that hopefully by Eid the situation to ease off and may local health authorities lift all restriction such as social distancing which are now being enforced as precautionary measures. If these restrictions are removed then In Sha’a Allah we can pray eid in congregation.
If situation does not change then we have to obey the local laws and keep away from any gatherings whether those are for regular prayers, Friday prayer, Taraweeh prayer, Funeral prayer or Eid.
We should seek Allah’s help with prayer and by exercising patience. Indeed He is in complete control of everything and we are happy with whatever He decreed for us as surely there is good for believers in everything which happens to them.
And Allah knows the best,

Ma’aSalaam

Imraan
04-10-2020, 04:54 AM

We pray to Allah that hopefully by Eid the situation to ease off and may local health authorities lift all restriction such as social distancing which are now being enforced as precautionary measures. If these restrictions are removed then In Sha’a Allah we can pray eid in congregation.
If situation does not change then we have to obey the local laws and keep away from any gatherings whether those are for regular prayers, Friday prayer, Taraweeh prayer, Funeral prayer or Eid.
We should seek Allah’s help with prayer and by exercising patience. Indeed He is in complete control of everything and we are happy with whatever He decreed for us as surely there is good for believers in everything which happens to them.
And Allah knows the best,

Ma’aSalaam
Will you be praying your two units of eid ul fitr at home or would you read fajr Salah as normal because you may not be praying in congregation?

'Abdullah
04-13-2020, 05:12 AM
Will you be praying your two units of eid ul fitr at home or would you read fajr Salah as normal because you may not be praying in congregation?
Yes In Sha’a Allah.
Below is a link to fatwa from Fiqh council.
http://fiqhcouncil.org/fatwa-related...dul-fitr-1441/

Imraan
04-13-2020, 05:26 AM
Jazak Allah brother.

Please remember me and my family in your prayers..

BarakAllahFeek.

'Abdullah
04-16-2020, 08:13 PM
Jazak Allah brother.

Please remember me and my family in your prayers..

BarakAllahFeek.
And upon you as well Jazakallah khair
Whole Muslim ummah is always in my prayers Akhi. May Allah grant us with what’s best for us in this world and Hereafter. Ameen!

I think video below answers some of the questions you asked in more detail:

Caplets
05-21-2020, 07:49 PM

السلام عليكم

We will be , by Allaah's permission, establishing the 'eid salaah. We also hold the Jum'ah salaah. The lockdown has been a great opportunity to build Islaamic awareness. Many of our women may have never prayed in congregation or seen the inside of a Masjid. Now the congregation has come to them!

- Caplets

Imraan
05-22-2020, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Caplets
السلام عليكم

We will be , by Allaah's permission, establishing the 'eid salaah. We also hold the Jum'ah salaah. The lockdown has been a great opportunity to build Islaamic awareness. Many of our women may have never prayed in congregation or seen the inside of a Masjid. Now the congregation has come to them!

- Caplets
Walaikum Salaam

Following our local masjid guidelines and according to our local Ulema,
most of us in the UK have been praying our teraweeh at home.

For Jumma, we have been told that Jumma Salaah can only be prayed at the masjid and not in the home, for those reading at home, instead should offer zohar salaah only.

For Eid we have been advised to pray the two rakats at home.

in regards to the women folk, in my immediately local masjid women are allowed to attend prayers (Pre covid restrictions), there is a seperate room for them very far from the mens...

Please remember me and my family in your prayers.

Jazak Allah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.