/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mother’s tears during dua

Believer4
04-05-2020, 05:03 PM
Assalam Alaykum wa Rahmatullah

I hear my mother making dua and crying several times a day. This is during the corona virus outbreak so whilst normally she is at work a lot I now fear being at home all the time, something she is not at all used to, is causing her to slip into depression.

I understand she has a lot of pain and worries in her heart due to various different situations in our family but I feel a burden when I hear her like this so often. I am the only child left at home and currently my father is sleeping and living downstairs due to an injury (although alhamdulillah on the road to a full recovery by Allah’s will) and so he does not hear her either. I know making dua with tears is very beloved to Allah but it weighs heavy on my heart every time I hear it, causing me to become sometimes very upset and sometimes even angry. I feel ashamed that I feel this way but it’s involuntary. I want my mother to turn to her lord but also be a happy, positive and optimistic presence in our home. Can you please offer some advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
04-06-2020, 09:24 AM
Make dua for her and be there for her. It is natural to be upset when our loved ones are in pain. What you can do is be her pillar of support by helping her, making duas for her, and possibly being the best child you can. Regarding with everything that is happening, that is beyond everyone's control. Reassure your mother by saying that it is a MERCY for believers since we get reward and get the highest ranks should we pass away. Nothing ever happens by the will of Allah. Allah tests only those who loves. So do not be too frustrated and have hope that this virus is a good thing. Just be there for your mother and make duas for her

Alpha Dude
04-07-2020, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Believer4
I want my mother to turn to her lord but also be a happy, positive and optimistic presence in our home. Can you please offer some advice?
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I think you need to realise that parents are human beings and it is natural for humans to feel sad and worried about things. You can't expect her to wear a mask all the time. She is at home, communicating with her lord, letting out all her pain to Allah.

Sometimes people go through weak moments. This is what looks to be happening in your mothers case. However, perhaps you could be the one to be optimistic around and inspire confidence in her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.