/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No justice for oppressed

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 09:34 AM
I feel horrible and depressed about those who are oppressed. In Islam we are always told to forgive. So we forgive, but the person who harms others? I mean I get and understand whats the point of being angry. Its better to forgive and not be angry. But at the same time, those who do seek justice...they never get it. They make dues and dues against the oppressors...but in reality the opposite happens. I thought Allah would surely never reject the duas of the oppressed. I understand the wisdom of forgiveness and decided to implement this but I can't help but think that why was it that when I made duas against someone that it never came true? Why was it that whatever I asked for my oppressor to be dealt with, the opposite happened. I asked for them to be afflicted with heth issues, they are super healthy. I asked them for no success...they got successful. I asked for them to never get married...they got married very soon. This person was a horrible person...yet each and every one of my duas was rejected? I understand there is respite given to oppressors but the dua of the oppressed never is rejected. I obviously do not care about that person anymore and decided to forgive them. But I want to know the wisdom of why Allah didn't accept those duas?
Please answer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imraan
04-09-2020, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I feel horrible and depressed about those who are oppressed. In Islam we are always told to forgive. So we forgive, but the person who harms others? I mean I get and understand whats the point of being angry. Its better to forgive and not be angry. But at the same time, those who do seek justice...they never get it. They make dues and dues against the oppressors...but in reality the opposite happens. I thought Allah would surely never reject the duas of the oppressed. I understand the wisdom of forgiveness and decided to implement this but I can't help but think that why was it that when I made duas against someone that it never came true? Why was it that whatever I asked for my oppressor to be dealt with, the opposite happened. I asked for them to be afflicted with heth issues, they are super healthy. I asked them for no success...they got successful. I asked for them to never get married...they got married very soon. This person was a horrible person...yet each and every one of my duas was rejected? I understand there is respite given to oppressors but the dua of the oppressed never is rejected. I obviously do not care about that person anymore and decided to forgive them. But I want to know the wisdom of why Allah didn't accept those duas?
Please answer
Salaam brother I know how you feel, beleive me I do, feeling it right now. Everyone will be held accountable, guaranteed, people like me and you want oppressors to be held accountable in this life rather than the hereafter, I definetely do so I can live free from persecution and victimisation...

Know that our prayers are being accepted, they say there is no curtain between Allah swt and his believers who are oppressed. So I make continuous dua.

You can only pray and you have to be patient, what else are you going to do? Temptations lead us to contemplate breaking the law or afflicting humanity or even going against our religion in some cases.... I have windows broken regularly.. I have had a car set on fire... I contemplate doing the same to them, I'm on edge... however I'm reluctant because that's just not me... I rather pray Allah sorts them out for me his way... when will that prayer get actioned no one knows.....

My worry is what if it is meant to be that I retaliate, that is not a path I want to pursue.

It depresses the hell out of me, I do zikr just to try n control it and to try and keep the waswas and bad jinns away from me... being in this state makes us vulnerable to evil and those jinns that cause mischief... may Allah swt save us insh Allah.....

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 10:00 AM
Jazakallah Khayran brother for replying. No you are right. Allah is just. I just wanted to understand why he did the opposite in regards to my dua when I thought the dua always comes true. I no longer care about it as I forgave them. They did horrible things almost on the same level but the difference is they still oppress you. For me alhamdullah Allah has saved me from them but I just want to know what was the wisdom on my duas not being accepted against this person? Why was it necessary for me to be tortured and traumatized?
And yes I may never have done before but I decided to forgive them. Not for them but for myself. I feel finally free

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Ameen bro. I know your definitely a good guy who deserves the best. My prayers are with you. It truly hurts my heart on how some people can be like this...May Allah reward you with the best and give you the loftiest rank in paradise. If you ever want to talk...feel free to DM me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
04-09-2020, 10:21 AM
Jazakallah Khayran brother for replying. No you are right. Allah is just. I just wanted to understand why he did the opposite in regards to my dua when I thought the dua always comes true. I no longer care about it as I forgave them. They did horrible things almost on the same level but the difference is they still oppress you. For me alhamdullah Allah has saved me from them but I just want to know what was the wisdom on my duas not being accepted against this person? Why was it necessary for me to be tortured and traumatized?
And yes I may never have done before but I decided to forgive them. Not for them but for myself. I feel finally free
Maybe the fact that they've stopped persecuting you - is your 'ease after hardship'???

Losses in any form can be hard to let go sometimes... specially when caused by another human. I know that feeling too.

People who do evil and continue to thrive in this dunya are Ignorant to the fact that there will be a reckoning at some point. Only Allah swt knows why he gave them and continues to give then success, progeny and wealth.
I was once told 'keep your heart clean against your enemy, else the opposite may happen and go against your bad intentions'. Could this statement be applicable to you.. from then on I changed my prayer from 'punish them' to

'Punish them to expiate their sins and guide them' to make them truer believers of our religion, grant them their prayers of forgiveness through punishment in this life... fair deal right... ? Unless someone wants to interject and advise me differently...???

For every act of intimidation and persecution carried out on us, Allah swt knows it and offsets and wipes our sins away. I do get worried about the level of offsetting as it makes me wonder how much have I sinned to be going through all this. It is a cynical approach if we forget to consider the statement "Allah swt punishes those who he loves", sometimes there is no reason or rationale behind it. We just have to accept is as predestination and qadr..

Always maintain faith in Allah swt even if you arent happy with it, even if you have to shed tears because you are not happy, that is what I've had to adopt in the past years... it changes outlook on life unfortunately and makes this world not a nice place to live in, pray for change and positivity in your life as I do. Insh Allah one day it will stop us from questioning the qadr of Allah and the predestination circumstances that awaits us in the remaining years of our life... and future generations...

Ümit
04-09-2020, 10:22 AM
I feel horrible and depressed about those who are oppressed. In Islam we are always told to forgive. So we forgive, but the person who harms others? I mean I get and understand whats the point of being angry. Its better to forgive and not be angry. But at the same time, those who do seek justice...they never get it.
dear studentofdeed. Here you are really wrong. Who says the never get it? they ALWAYS get justice...maybe not in this life...but in the next life it will be more than compensated.
They make dues and dues against the oppressors...but in reality the opposite happens.
you sure understand that damning people never is good. I am not saying that it is haraam, you must have your reasons for it, but neither it is much recommended. but that aside. how do you know the opposite happens? Allah surely has a plan for those opressors. It may look all rosy on the outside or for now...but do you know what that person is going through secretly on the inside? or dou you know what will happen to them in the future? maybe, they are going through a tough marriage, or they got other things that trouble them...but they just hide that from the outside world? what do you know? maybe they will get a lot of trouble in the future, divorce, or a terrible accident or whatever.What I am saying is, you do not know what Allahs plans are for those oppressors. but one thing is sure...one day they will get what they deserve....because there is always justice in the end.
I thought Allah would surely never reject the duas of the oppressed. I understand the wisdom of forgiveness and decided to implement this but I can't help but think that why was it that when I made duas against someone that it never came true?
How do you know it did not came true? maybe that person is going through a terrible time, but just manages to hide that from the world.And if it really did not came true...it didn't came true yet...maybe it is not the correct time for it or maybe it is not corrected as a test for you...do you know Allahs plans?
Why was it that whatever I asked for my oppressor to be dealt with, the opposite happened. I asked for them to be afflicted with heth issues, they are super healthy. I asked them for no success...they got successful. I asked for them to never get married...they got married very soon.
again, damning people terrible diseases, poverty or other bad things is not OK...but again...you shouldn't question Allahs plans and judgements.
This person was a horrible person...yet each and every one of my duas was rejected? I understand there is respite given to oppressors but the dua of the oppressed never is rejected. I obviously do not care about that person anymore and decided to forgive them. But I want to know the wisdom of why Allah didn't accept those duas?Please answer
You cannot demand anything from Allah...and no one can give you a clear answer on that...but again...It may seem that your duas are rejected...but that may be different in reality or it may still change in the future.Keep strong, focus on correcting your own life and do not focus on other people.

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Jazkallah Khayran, no you are right. Sometimes I feel was waswas get the better of me. I was really troubled by this person and you can tell this was the issue I was dealing with since I came on to Islamic board. I no longer care and agree that holding on to that anger is bad. I decided to forgive them so Allah would love me and forgive me. Holding on to that anger was pointless as in the end it may have destroyed me in the end. I forgave for myself and Allah. Even if they my dues came true, I realized there would be no benefit. Those feelings of anger and resentment will still be there. So I chose to forgive. It definitely was not easy and was the hardest thing I had to do. But I did mainly for the sake of Allah. The thing that pushed me was that this is a trait only the best and loved of Allah has. I wanted to be among those. I was posting in regards to all those who have not reached that stage. I understand we have no right to question Allah. I only wanted to get other opinions so I may understand and be able to explain to others in case Allah forbid , they suffer to and may need help as well

Dianah
04-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Please dont lose hope Mr Studentofdeed. I believe that Allah has told us that he will test us from a lot of aspects in this world whether our health,wealth, our relationships and etc.
For example, you should look into the story of Prophet Musa peace be upon him. His opressor at the time was Firaun, the worse of all oppressors. He had abundant of wealth, beautiful wives, and more power than anyone had at the time. However, he killed baby boys from the children of Israels, segregate his society into sanctions,killed a mother and her children and even torture, humiliate and killed his own wife for speaking the truth. And yet despite all his wealth, health and power, eventually, he lost all of that, died a horrible death and was forgotten until his body was recovered. His body was not even buried in a matter of respect compared to the other pharoahs by his own people.
In fact, he is still tortured in his grave because of the actions that he did during his life. Oppressors will eventually have punishment for their actions even if not immediately.

Dua from the oppress will be answered by Allah. It is not a matter whether it is rejected or accepted, but when and when, only Allah the all wise knows. That is why when making dua, believe that Allah will accept it and be patient. However, we should never question His execution of said dua. I know its difficult and sometimes we feel as if our duas are not accepted and we didnt do enough. But please do try and remember Allah is always by you.

I am not very knowledgable in islam and Im still learning, but I hope I could help you even a little. I pray that Allah helps you in your matters.

Eric H
04-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

Reasons to be angry - try this.........

Blessing for Justice and Peace

By: Education for Justice

May God bless you with discomfort...
at easy answers, hard hearts,
half-truths ,and superficial relationships.
May God bless you so that you may live
from deep within your heart
where God's Spirit dwells.

May God bless you with anger...
at injustice, oppression,
and exploitation of people.
May God bless you so that you may
work for justice, freedom, and peace.

May God bless you with tears...
to shed for those who suffer from pain,
rejection, starvation and war.
May God bless you so that you
may reach out your hand
to comfort them and turn their pain into joy.

And may God bless you with
enough foolishness
to believe that you can make a difference
in this world, in your neighborhood,
so that you will courageously try
what you don't think you can do, but,
in Allah you'll have all the strength necessary.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

Ümit
04-09-2020, 10:42 AM
That may be exactly the reason that it seemed that your duas were rejected. Allah knew that you would change your mind and forgive them in the future so He decided not to give them troubles yet.
That is why I told you, You do not know Allahs plans.
Trust Allah that everything will fall into place someday and that in the end there is always justice.
It may be a hard thing to do now, but it is the right way.

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 10:53 AM
what happens to all duas I made then? I asked Allah to turn them into blessings and give them guidance? Should that count?

For all th wrong they do...does that mean they are not accountable then if they do not change they are ways?

Ümit
04-09-2020, 11:08 AM
what happens to all duas I made then? I asked Allah to turn them into blessings and give them guidance? Should that count?

For all th wrong they do...does that mean they are not accountable then if they do not change they are ways?
I really do not know...but for sure they are accountable for their actions...several scenario's are possible here:
You really forgave them but they never repented anyway: Allah will still punish them in some way if they really have wronged you.
but maybe they are aware of you, and they did repent. in that case Allah can forgive them...and still reward you for forgiving.

Again, I cannot tell you what plans Allah has in this case. I can only speculate.

Studentofdeed
04-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Jazakallah Khayran. Thank you again. I really am not bother about it anymore. But I just do not want what happened to me happen to someone else. No one deserves that. Allah give them guidance

M.I.A.
04-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Please answer
seriously?

i remember reading that the early adopters of islam were considered the harshest by the non believers.. from the quran but obviously i probably wont be able to find it if i look again.

and with todays understanding i grasp it as a concept.

the world is a cruel place, people put forward in word and action without any intent of losing.

for a long time a person can live with allah swt as the protector the sustainer, the provider, the planner.

..but then you come to war, the hand that always takes away from you, the people around you unaware of what they put forward or introduce into your life.

and then its a rigged game of mismanagement.

being poked and then asked to write for yourself..

the only thing a person has is patience and steadfastness, minimizing the damage you cause to yourself.

i havent heard the voice of god really.

but i do hear it.. id consider myself crazy but im not the one obeying it.

but if the shoe was on the other foot and you were the one that was successful and married and anything else that the wicked have, you would sure want to protect your life and what was yours.. maybe you would be considered as the one that was evil.

so you have to see your argument from a different perspective.

..and learn to put forward differently.

maybe one day your innocent and then the losses they suffer will be comparable to yours.. if thats what you want.

i just want to go back to a time when the only voice in my head was my own. im no good at this game.. although im sure i used to be.

but yeah, i suppose i have chosen the way i want to play it.

putting forward today for judgement tomorrow.. or just trying to get through today would be fine lol.

for a long time a person can live unaware of what he is or what he does, it dont mean nothing until it means something to you.

and then your playing.. although life is no game.

its like dreaming about a fast car for years and years and years, then you finally get it and realise you only drive the speed limit and maybe it attracts more attention than you want.. so strange.

all i ever do is avoid potholes on the road! ..although i suppose people have said it was lowered.

Eric H
04-10-2020, 11:55 AM

Its better to forgive and not be angry.
Forgiveness is a means of drawing a line under past events. Forgiveness does not mean that you are a doormat and that you will continue to let people walk over you. You will always remember the oppression that happened, but forgiveness helps you to let go of the hate and resentment. I know you are a kind and caring person, so forgiveness is about allowing yourself to continue to be the kind and caring person that Allah created you to be.

You have the right to be angry when you see injustice happen to the poor, you have the right to be angry when injustice happens to you - BUT you cannot think clearly when your fists are clenched, and anger makes you feel this way.

Words are important.

Instead of saying I am angry because........... Try saying I am TROUBLED because this happened. If something is troubling you, you still have to act, you still have to do something. If something is troubling you, you don't have to think with clenched fists, there has to be a kinder solution, and I know it is in your nature that you would prefer to look for a kinder solution.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people and may Allah bless you through your struggles;

Eric

Studentofdeed
04-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Thank you again. This helps a lot and is indeed very insightful!

BeTheChange
04-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Aslamualykum

It is human nature to ask these questions. I would strongly urge you to learn about yourself, learn about who Allah swt is and really study and learn our purpose of life. Of course all of us as humans want to see our oppressors brought to justice. We all want justice whether it is a minor form of oppression or major. Life is a matter of perspective. From your perspective you will probably see your oppressors succeeding in this dunya but noone truly knows whether they are living with inner peace. Subhna Allah.

I typed a long message but experienced some disruption with my internet connection but to summarise when you are on your death bed you will not be thinking about your oppressors. You will be thinking have i done enough? Stop allowing the shyataan and your enemies win you. Your enemies teach you sabar. Your enemies build your character. Your enemies wipe away your sins. Think positive Alhamdulilah.

Imraan
04-10-2020, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Aslamualykum

It is human nature to ask these questions. I would strongly urge you to learn about yourself, learn about who Allah swt is and really study and learn our purpose of life. Of course all of us as humans want to see our oppressors brought to justice. We all want justice whether it is a minor form of oppression or major. Life is a matter of perspective. From your perspective you will probably see your oppressors succeeding in this dunya but noone truly knows whether they are living with inner peace. Subhna Allah.

I typed a long message but experienced some disruption with my internet connection but to summarise when you are on your death bed you will not be thinking about your oppressors. You will be thinking have i done enough? Stop allowing the shyataan and your enemies win you. Your enemies teach you sabar. Your enemies build your character. Your enemies wipe away your sins. Think positive Alhamdulilah.

Ameen

Ümit
04-10-2020, 07:55 PM
@Studentofdeed
as you can see there are plenty of people here who DO care about their fellow Muslims. Maybe we were not able to help you with your problems...but that doesn't mean none of us cared.
hope you can forgive us anyways.

Studentofdeed
04-11-2020, 11:35 AM
Jazakhallah Khayran brother. It means a lot. Initially it was very frustrating because I didn't have anyone to talk to. My community is not very friendly and very close and tribal. I have always had trouble making friends since there aren't that many trustworthy people. Which is why I was forced to turn here for my situation. I tried making friends within my community but people would either use me or making sick jokes out of my issues. Which why I decided to be a recluse and post a lot since its easier and less stressful. But thank you all again and you don't have to worry about me being upset with you guys or anything. May Allah bless you all

IslamLife00
04-12-2020, 05:50 AM
Allah gives respite to wrongdoers, remember He even gives respite to Iblees.
Also, it's possible Allah has granted duas of anyone who is oppressed by protecting them from evil.

And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. (Ibrahim 42)

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “There are three whose supplication is not rejected: The fasting person when he breaks his fast, the just leader, and the supplication of the oppressed person; Allah raises it up above the clouds and opens the gates of heaven to it. And the Lord says: ‘By My might, I shall surely aid you, even if it should be after a while.’” (Jami'at Tirmidhi, Sunan Ibn Majah)

Jubair bin Nufair narrated that `Ubadah bin As-Samit narrated to them that, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “There is not a Muslim upon the earth who calls upon Allah with any supplication, except that Allah grants it to him, or he turns away from him the like of it in evil; as long as he does not supplicate for something sinful, or the severing of the ties of kinship.” So a man from the people said: “What if we should increase (in it)” He (ﷺ) said: “(With) Allah is more.” (Jami'at Tirmidhi)

Eric H
04-12-2020, 03:13 PM

I saw this today and it made me think.

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.
Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.
2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.
3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less from people but more from yourself

Point number 5 seems to be the key.

May Allah continue to bless you on your journey,

Eric

Studentofdeed
04-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Thank you, that makes sense. Inshallah I will apply that. Thank you again

- - - Updated - - -

I feel lot better now

soheil1
04-13-2020, 04:21 AM
Please answer
ws wr wb
people who do unfair things often know the way to success. Dua is not a magic spel, and you are not a magican either
As soon as they did something bad, they are no longer innocent, so they have misreputation. Those to know about it, will come to do so.
An you forgive for yourself. And Allah will reward you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.