/* */

PDA

View Full Version : things to prepare yourself with for Ramadan during lockdown

Umm Malik
04-13-2020, 05:05 AM
we often says that we don't have enough time to do ibabadah when someone reminds us to memories quran or do qiyam or any other things to be close to allah
but now in this time when we face this calamity of Corona virus which locked us in our houses we have no excuses.
because allah give us free time to show us if we where right in our clames or we where just claiming that we love to .

so ... lock down can be a positive thing for the one who knows how can benefits from it
wether in dunya or akhirah
we can do many things as muslims especially in this specific month of shaaban

● fasting :

when the prophet Muhammad salla lahu alayhi wasalam was used to fast most of its day
and our mother aisha and one of the sahabah said that the prophet (ﷺ) observed fasting during the whole month of Sha'ban except a few days.

Usamah bin Zaid said: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Shaban.' He said: 'That is a month to which people do not pay much attention, between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting."'

and we all know that many of the studies show how fasting is beneficial for our health and our immune system especially in this period of time facing the corona virus
By not consuming any food, our body is able to concentrate on removing toxins, as we give the digestive system a rest.
Fasting also allows the gut to cleanse and strengthens its lining. It can also stimulate a process called autophagy, which is where cells self-cleanse and remove damaged and dangerous particles.

Scientists have also been studying the link between diet, gut health and mental wellbeing , fasting can lead to the release of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) in the brain.

"This has been shown to protect brain cells and could reduce depression and anxiety, as well as the risk of developing dementia,
as long as we don’t eat, our insulin levels will go down and our fat cells can then release their stored sugar, to be used as energy. We lose weight if we let our insulin levels go down. The entire idea of fasting is to allow the insulin levels to go down far enough and for long enough that we burn off our fat.
and then fighting the most of common healthy uses which caused by insulin resistance .

and regardless of all the beneficial effects of fasting we as a muslims know that fasting is one of the great ibadah and its the third pillar of islam especially the obligatory fasting in the month of Ramadan
and there is a lot of verses in the quran speaking about foods and how is good to eat from the good things which allah have provided for us
as in the verse :

((...eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess...))

Miqdam bin Ma'dikarib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
I heard Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "No man fills a container worse than his stomach. A few morsels that keep his back upright are sufficient for him. If he has to, then he should keep one-third for food, one-third for drink and one-third for his breathing."

[At-Tirmidhi].

Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah's Messenger () as saying: Every (good) deed of the son of Adam would be multiplied, a good deed receiving a tenfold to seven hundredfold reward. Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, has said: With the exception of fasting, for it is done for Me and I will give a reward for it, for one abandons his passion and food for My sake.
The fasting person has two joyous occasions, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time of meeting his Rubb. Surely, the breath of one observing Saum is better smelling to Allah than the fragrance of musk."

'A’isha (RAA) narrated, ‘The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to fast until one would say, he never breaks his fast (i.e. he never stops fasting), and he would abandon fasting (at other times) until one would say that he never fasts. And I never saw the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) fast for a complete month except for the month of Ramadan, and I never saw him fast in a month more than he did in the month of Sha’ban.”
Agreed upon and the wording is from Muslim.

وَعَنْ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اَللَّهُ عَنْهَا قَالَتْ: { كَانَ رَسُولُ اَللَّهِ ‏- صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏-يَصُومُ حَتَّى نَقُولَ لَا يُفْطِرُ, وَيُفْطِرُ حَتَّى نَقُولَ لَا يَصُومُ, وَمَا رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اَللَّهِ ‏- صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏-اِسْتَكْمَلَ صِيَامَ شَهْرٍ قَطُّ إِلَّا رَمَضَانَ, وَمَا رَأَيْتُهُ فِي شَهْرٍ أَكْثَرَ مِنْهُ صِيَامًا فِي شَعْبَانَ } مُتَّفَقٌ عَلَيْهِ، وَاللَّفْظُ لِمُسْلِمٍ 1‏ .‏
‏1 ‏- صحيح.‏ رواه البخاري ( 1969 )‏، ومسلم ( 1156 )‏ ( 175 )‏

so we have to know that each day is new chance from allah and we have to not let our days and hours goes without beneficent

Ibn Mas'ud narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
"The feet of the son of Adam shall not move from before his Lord on the Day of Judgement, until he is asked about five things: about his life and what he did with it, about his youth and what he wore it out in, about his wealth and how he earned it and spent it upon, and what he did with what he knew."

so here is some of the things you can do while blocking down in your house having nothing to do .

● prayers :

in every prayer ask yourself did i pray it on time ?
did i get khushue concentration
have i try a new verses in my prayer ?
did i understand and feel the conversation between me and allah while reciting surah alfatiha including the other actions in salah ?

Abu As-Sa'ib- the freed slave of Hisham bin Zuhrah-said:
"I heard Abu Hurairah say: 'The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever offers a prayer in which he does not recite Umm Al-Quran (Al Fatihah), it is deficient, it is deficient, it is deficient, incomplete." I (Abu As-Sa'ib) said: 'O Abu Hurairah, sometimes I am behind the Imam.' He poked me in the arm and said: 'Recite it to yourself, O Persian! For I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "Allah says: "I have divided prayer between Myself and My slave into two halves, and My slave shall have what he has asked for.'" The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Recite, for when the slave says: All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of all that exists, Allah says: 'My slave has praised Me.' And when he says: The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, Allah says: 'My slave has extolled Me.' And when he says: The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection), Allah says: 'My slave has glorified Me' . And when he says: You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help (for each and everything), He says: 'This is between Me and My slave, and My slave shall have what he has asked for.' And when he says: 'Guide us to the straight way, the way of those on whom You have bestowed Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray, He says: 'This is for My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.'"

there is another hadith about the vertue of prayer

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ): "Which action is dearest to Allah?" He (ﷺ) replied, "Performing As-Salat (the prayer) at its earliest fixed time." I asked, "What is next (in goodness)?" He (ﷺ) said, "Kindness towards parents." I asked, "What is next (in goodness)?" He (ﷺ) said, "To participate in Jihad in the Cause of Allah."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

On the authority of Muadh bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:
I said, “O Messenger of Allah, tell me of an act which will take me into Paradise and will keep me away from the Hellfire.” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “You have asked me about a great matter, yet it is easy for him for whom Allah makes it easy: worship Allah, without associating any partners with Him; establish the prayer; pay the zakat; fast in Ramadhan; and make the pilgrimage to the House.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not guide you towards the means of goodness? Fasting is a shield; charity wipes away sin as water extinguishes fire; and the praying of a man in the depths of the night.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) recited: “[Those] who forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (charity in Allah’s cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.” [as-Sajdah, 16-17]

Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not inform you of the head of the matter, its pillar and its peak?” I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The head of the matter is Islam, its pillar is the prayer and its peak is jihad.” Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Shall I not tell you of the foundation of all of that?” I said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” So he took hold of his tongue and said, “Restrain this.” I said, “O Prophet of Allah, will we be taken to account for what we say with it?” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “May your mother be bereaved of you, O Muadh! Is there anything that throws people into the Hellfire upon their faces — or: on their noses — except the harvests of their tongues?”
related by at-Tirmidhi,

from this hadith we know that prayer is the most important thing in islam after being a muslim witnessing that there is no god but allah and the prophet Muhammad is his messenger
and then we can see how's like to keep your words under control
especially in ramadan you can choose to change any bad habit because it will be easy for you to began with in a spiritual month like Ramadan
because unfortunately we see many muslim in each Ramadan do the same mistakes and brak all what they did in the whole day by eating too much and fulling them stomach with sweats and no healthy foods
and now its the time to show the whole world how muslim fasting csn be a great way for changing and being healthy.
this year is not like the other years .. yes we missed prayer in massajeed but we also get too much time which can make us an awliyaa by doing our best in ibadah
but if we know exactly how time is precious

● quran :
all the vertue if the month of Ramadan is because it'sThe month in which the Quran was revealed.
so we need to give more time to quran ... reciting listening, memorizing .. and helping others to read it.

the prophet salla lahu alayhi wasalam said :
"The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur'an and teaches it."

● remembering allah :

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "He who remembers his Lord and he who does not remember his Lord are like the living and the dead." - Al-Bukhari, cf., Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/208; Muslim 1/539 with the wording "The house in which Allah is remembered and the house in which Allah is not remembered is like the living and the dead."
And he said, "Shall i not inform you of the best of your works, the purest of them with your Master (Allah), the loftiest of them in your stations, the thing that is better for you than spending gold and silver (in charity), and better for you than meeting your enemies and slaying them and being slain by them?" They (the Companions) said, "Of course!" He said, "Rememberance of Allah, the Most high." - At-Tirmithi 5/459, Ibn Majah 2/1245. See Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/316 and Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/139.
And he said, "Allah the Most High says, 'I am with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in superior gathering. If he approaches Me by a hand's width, I approach him by an arm's length; and if he approaches me by an arm's length, I approach him by two arm's length. And if he comes to me walking, I hasten to him swiftly.'" - Al-Bukhari 8/171, Muslim 4/2061; this wording is from Al-Bukhari.
Abdullah bin Busr (raa) said that a man asked the Prophet (pbuh), "O Messenger of Allah! Verily, the sanctions of Islam have become too numerous for me (to perform them all). Inform me of something (simple) that I may adhere to." The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Let your tongue always be moist with the rememberance of Allah." - At-0tirmithi 5/458, Ibn Majah 2/1246. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/139 and Sahih Ibn Majah 2/317.
And he said, "Whoever reads one letter from the Book of Allah, will receive one Hasanah (reward for a good deed), and one Hasanah comes with ten like it. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is a letter. Indeed Alif is a letter, and Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter." - At-Tirmithi 5/175. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/9 and Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/340.
Uqbah bin Amir (raa) said: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) came out (from his house) and we were of the porch (As-Suffah). So he said, "Who of you would like to go out in the morning everyday to the valley of Buthan or Al-'Aqeeq and come back with two large she camels without commiting any sin or severing any family ties?" We replied, "O Messenger of Allah! All of us would like this." So he said, "Would one of you not go to the Masjid and learn to recite two Verses from the Book of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic? That would be better than two she camels. And three Verses would be better for him than three she-camels. And four Verses would be better than four she-camels, and whatever their number may be of camels." - Muslim 1/553
And he said, "Whoever sits and does not mention the Name of Allah (before he rises) will find it a cause of sorrowfrom Allah. Whoever lies down to sleep and does npt mention the name of Allah before rising, will find it a cause of sorrow from Allah." - Abu Dawud 4/264. See Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/342.
And the Prophet (saw) said: "No people sit in an assembly without mentioning Allah, and without asking Allah for blessings on their Prophet, except that it will be a cause of sorrow upon them. Thus if He (Allah) wishes He will punish them, and if He wishes He will forgive them." - At-Tirmithi. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/140.
And he said: "No people may rise from an assembly in which they have failed to mention the Name of Allah without it being as if they were getting off a dead donkeys rotting back, and it would be a cause of grief for them." - Abu Dawud 4/264, Ahmad 2/389. See Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' 5/176.

● istighfar and tawbah :

Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said,
“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” [Abu Dawud].

And (commanding you): “Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with his wealth, and even with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). [Hud 11:3]

Whoever recites لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل قدير (La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay in qadir) one hundred times in the day will receive the reward of freeing 10 slaves, one hundred rewards will be written for him and one hundred sins wiped away, and he will be protected from Shaytan for the remainder of the day.

durood
Aus bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Among the best of your days is Friday; so supplicate Allah more often for me in it , for your supplications will be displayed to me." He was asked: "O Messenger of Allah! How will our blessings be displayed to you when your decayed body will have mixed with the earth?" He (ﷺ) replied, "Allah has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of the Prophets."

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.

Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quwwata Il-la Billah is “one of the treasures of Paradise”.

especially in this time we need this specific words to get Allah's power from

● doing quiyam :

and praying at night especially in the last third part of night

● douaa :

especially at night and in jumuaa and when it rains and when a person is sick or in time of need etcetera ...
• do prepare your list of douaas from now to ask allah with in sujood and time of ijabah

we all have dreames and wishes ... we all want to be guided ... we all afraid of temptations and we want to be close to allah
so Ramadan is our chance to ask for all of that
we want every day

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: “There are three whose supplication is not rejected: The fasting person when he breaks his fast, the just leader, and the supplication of the oppressed person; Allah raises it up above the clouds and opens the gates of heaven to it. And the Lord says: ‘By My might, I shall surely aid you, even if it should be after a while.’”

so do have a time every day to ask allah with ... especially in the last ten days, try to do more douaa at night to be sure that you reach laylatu lquadr .

When it is the first night of the month of Ramadan, the Devils are locked up and the evil Jinn, the doors of Hell-Fire are closed, so that no door from it is open. The doors of Paradise are opened, so no door from it is closed. A caller will call out: O seeker of good come forward, and O seeker of evil keep away from sin, and Allaah has slaves freed from the fire, and that is every night of Ramadan.’

● doing daawah :

even by reminding one of your family by saying subhanallah wa bihamdih subhana lah laazeem for example, or helping the younger or the older in your family; in reading some verses of the quran,
or telling them obout the vertue of some ibabadahs in Ramadan .

"When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen."

so we should learn about our deen and try to convey what we learn to our loved one and everyone we meet because the prophet salla lahu alayhi wasalam said :
"By Allah, if a single person is guided by Allah through you, it will be better for you than a whole lot of red camels."
and we all know that camels at that time was like cars in our time .. you can see the reward of spreading the good everywhere .

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone calls others to follow right guidance, his reward will be equivalent to those who follow him (in righteousness) without their reward being diminished in any respect, and if anyone invites others to follow error, the sin, will be equivalent to that of the people who follow him (in sinfulness) without their sins being diminished in any respect".
[Muslim].

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Convey from me even an Ayah of the Qur'an; relate traditions from Banu Israel, and there is no restriction on that; but he who deliberately forges a lie against me let him have his abode in the Hell."
[Al- Bukhari].

● making a lot of istighfar and repenting to allah :

try to take advantage of this month by looking for the things that you need to change in your life and its the time of avoiding your sins by thinking of how much it can deprived you from the benefits of getting accepted. and being free from hell fire .

● sadakah :

even if it few but it can protect you from Allah's anger and wipes out your sins , like water extinguishes fire
and he said salla lahu alayhi wasallam : "save yourself from hellfire even by giving half a date fruit in charity "
{ if you do deeds of charity openly its well , but if you bestow it upon the needy in secretly ... it will be even better for you } 2:271

allah the exalted says : "spend o son of Adam , you will also be spent upon "
albukhari and muslim

spreading smiles and happiness:

" Ibn Umar reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The most beloved people to Allah are those who are most beneficial to people. The most beloved deed to Allah is to make a Muslim happy, or to remove one of his troubles, or to forgive his debt, or to feed his hunger. That I walk with a brother regarding a need is more beloved to me than that I seclude myself in this mosque in Medina for a month. Whoever swallows his anger, then Allah will conceal his faults. Whoever suppresses his rage, even though he could fulfill his anger if he wished, then Allah will secure his heart on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever walks with his brother regarding a need until he secures it for him, then Allah Almighty will make his footing firm across the bridge on the day when the footings are shaken.”Source: al-Muʻjam al-Awsaṭ 6192
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

So as a conclusion:

Remembering Allah [emoji830]︎ istighfar ... tasbeeh .. durood ... la hawla wala kuwwata illa billah..
alhamdulillah etcetera.. [emoji830]︎
prayers [emoji830]︎ azkar after salah , concentration , quiyam even after ishaa , douaa in sujood[emoji830]︎
quran ...[emoji830]︎ listening , reciting , hifz and helping the olders and the youngers to read some verses to get the reward as in the hadith: "The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur'an and teaches it."))[emoji830]︎
list of douaas [emoji830]︎ to ask for in sujood and at night and jomuaa and the times of ijabah [emoji830]︎
[emoji830]︎enjoying what is good and forbidding what is bad
[emoji830]︎ try to gain takwa by being far from what allsh forbid .
[emoji830]︎listening to reminder everyday to help yourself to keep going .
[emoji830]︎ be far from bad friends and try to be close to righteous people who can help you to be more close to allah
•make a muslim happy .

shaaban is your bridge to be prepared for Ramadan ... and Ramadan is you bridge to gaining jannah and being saved from hellfire

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeesh
04-13-2020, 08:53 AM
JazakAllah

Umm Malik
04-18-2020, 05:05 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rr...w?usp=drivesdk

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files
Google Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.