/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not waking up the next morning.

Imraan
04-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Assalam walaikum brothers and sisters.

Can we have guidance / a refresh on what the quran / saheeh hadith says about 'dying during your sleep'

With focus being on covid and other calamities lately we may be overlooking this daily occurrence..... 'going to sleep at night'.

My first cousin passed away in his sleep last night at age 46, confirmed not covid related an able independent human who did the usual, evening meal intake, retiring to bed on the night just like every other night. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon....

Jazak Allah and BarakAllahuFeek....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
04-13-2020, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan

Can we have guidance / a refresh on what the quran / saheeh hadith says about 'dying during your sleep'

With focus being on covid and other calamities lately we may be overlooking this daily occurrence..... 'going to sleep at night'.

My first cousin passed away in his sleep last night at age 46, confirmed not covid related an able independent human who did the usual, evening meal intake, retiring to bed on the night just like every other night. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon....

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon..

Al-Ansariyah
04-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Walekumassalam warahmatullahi wabarkatuh

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun

Whenever we go to sleep, we are dead...
Our souls leave our bodies.. Allah keeps the soul of whomever He wills and return the other souls to their bodies (until their appointed time)....
That is why it is said:

" SLEEP IS A MINOR DEATH, DEATH IS A MAJOR SLEEP"

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow, Strive hard in the way of Allah...
May Allah reward all of us and grant us Jannatul Firdaus....

taha_
04-13-2020, 04:42 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
04-13-2020, 05:27 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.
May Allah forgive his sins and shortcomings, make him among the guided ones, raise his status and make his grave wide and full of light. Ameen!

There are many duas one can read before going to sleep. One of them is the following:
اللَّهمَّ إِنَّكَ خَلَقْتَ نَفْسِي وَأَنْتَ تَوَفَّاهَا لَكَ مَمَاتُهَا وَمَحْيَاهَا، إِنْ أَحْيَيْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا، وَإِنْ أَمَتَّهَا فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا. اللَّهمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ العَافِيَةَ

Transliteration: Allahumma innaka khalaqta nafsee wa-anta tawaffaha, laka mamatuha wamahyaha in ahyaytaha fahfathha, wa-in amattaha faghfir laha. Allahumma innee as-alukal-AAafiyah.

Translation: O Allah, verily You have created my soul and You shall take its life, to You belongs its life and death. If You should keep my soul alive then protect it, and if You should take its life then forgive it. O Allah, I ask You to grant me good health.

REFERNCE HADITH:
Abdullah b. 'Umar commanded a person that as he went to bed, he should say:
" O Allah, Thou created my being and it is for Thee to take it to its ultimate goal. And its death and life is due to Thee, and if Thou givest it life, safeguard it; and if Thou bringst death, grant it pardon. O Allah, I beg of Thee safety." A person said to him: Did you hear it from Umar? Thereupon he said: (I have heard from one) who is better than Umar, viz. from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). Ibn Nafi, reported this on the authority of Abdullah b. Harith but he did not make mention of this" that he heard it himself".

حَدَّثَنَا عُقْبَةُ بْنُ مُكْرَمٍ الْعَمِّيُّ، وَأَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ نَافِعٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا غُنْدَرٌ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ خَالِدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ الْحَارِثِ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، أَنَّهُ أَمَرَ رَجُلاً إِذَا أَخَذَ مَضْجَعَهُ قَالَ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ خَلَقْتَ نَفْسِي وَأَنْتَ تَوَفَّاهَا لَكَ مَمَاتُهَا وَمَحْيَاهَا إِنْ أَحْيَيْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا وَإِنْ أَمَتَّهَا فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَافِيَةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَجُلٌ أَسَمِعْتَ هَذَا مِنْ عُمَرَ فَقَالَ مِنْ خَيْرٍ مِنْ عُمَرَ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ نَافِعٍ فِي رِوَايَتِهِ عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ ‏.‏ وَلَمْ يَذْكُرْ سَمِعْتُ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2712
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 81
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 35, Hadith 6550
https://sunnah.com/muslim/48/81

'Abdullah
04-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Assalam O Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

Just posted some of the recommended Azkar before going to sleep just as a reminder and thought those may related to this thread as well. Link is below:

Azkar From Sunnah

Ma'aSalaam

Azkar From Sunnah - Page 2
Yahya related to me from Malik that Ziyad ibn Abi Ziyad said that Abu'd-Darda had said: 'Shall I not tell you the best of your deeds, and those th...

IslamLife00
04-13-2020, 08:02 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

May Allah have mercy on him and grant you and your family strength in this difficult time

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.