/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it alright to be the richest man as a Muslim?

emem123
04-15-2020, 01:30 AM
My question is on the title of the post. I will narrate it again here: Is it alright to be the richest man as a Muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
04-15-2020, 01:38 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

It is not haram. Even wealth is also considered as test. But beware of arrogance and pride and love of this world. Prophet solomon peace be upon him was wealthy. Many companions of prophet peace be upon him were wealthy too.

JazakAllah khair

Eric H
04-15-2020, 07:50 AM
Greetings and peace be with you emem123;

The only way to be the richest man is to exploit people, you overcharge your customers, pay the minimum to your employees, and the billions left over go in your bank account. To be the richest is an ongoing process, it appears the rich never know when to stop striving for more.

You might want to make money to give away to the poor. In theory Bill Gates is giving away loads, but it still only feels like he is only giving his spare change as he is still amongst the richest men on earth. In order to be the richest, you have to live with the fact that millions are desperately poor because you have taken far more of the world resources for your own benefit.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

MazharShafiq
04-15-2020, 05:11 PM
yes agreed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
RisingLight
04-15-2020, 07:30 PM
actually the richest man in history is a muslim,Mansa Musa,google about him.He was so rich that when he went to hajj and started spreading donation,his donations caused a high inflation in north africa,so that he was "forced" to take the money he gave back,in a form of loan.
The question is not if it is alright or not,its not a sin to be rich,the prophet saws was rich at one point.But why would you need that much wealth?.I want to be rich,id love that,but because i want to cover my and my family needs,to have enough money so i wont have to rely on anyone,and just focus on islam,other than that is dangerous,other than that i dont want.....how can i buy a ferrari when so many muslims arent even fulfilling their basic needs? that wealth would be against you

'Abdullah
04-15-2020, 08:08 PM
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The poor believers will enter Paradise half a day – five hundred years – before the rich.’”

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بِشْرٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ يَدْخُلُ فُقَرَاءُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الْجَنَّةَ قَبْلَ الأَغْنِيَاءِ بِنِصْفِ يَوْمٍ خَمْسِمِائَةِ عَامٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4122
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 4261
http://sunnah.com/urn/1292240

Think about it why is this the case?
Allah tests everyone, some with poverty and trust me it is not easy to see your children and family crying in front of you and when you can't do anything to feed them. Poverty is a big trial and prophet peace be upon him has made duas to seek refuge from poverty. Those who are poor and still keep faith in Allah, will have great reward.
Allah also tests some of us by giving wealth. If we earn it in halal way and spend it where it needs to be then that's our ticket for Jannah in sha'a Allah. But how many of us can do that. Greed for money is also a big issue. Those who have money, want more of it and their hunger for more never dies until they see the grave.
Anyways having wealth is one of the blessing of Allah and we will be asked for it. Hence why rich people will have to wait half a day to enter paradise - to give account for their wealth. Where did they spent it?

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

emem123
04-16-2020, 03:41 AM
Thank you so much all of you. I highly appreciate your comments. Let us be together united all of us as we can with the help of Allah(swt), in this event that is happening. Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.