PDA

View Full Version : My introduction



CopticGirl
04-16-2020, 08:17 AM
Hello. I am a Christian who is studying Islam and learning more about it. I come from a very religious family and if they found out I was interested in Islam they would freak out so I have been doing my research online.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
04-16-2020, 08:33 AM
Hello! If you have any questions we have many people here happy to help. May Allah help and ease your journey!
Reply

CopticGirl
04-16-2020, 08:49 AM
Thank you very much for the kind words. I am specifically looking for information about converts who were Coptic before as that is my faith.
Reply

Studentofdeed
04-16-2020, 08:54 AM
We have a lot of revert sisters from Christianity but I am not sure of from the Coptic branch. But all the same, I am certain they would still be happy to help you
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
CopticGirl
04-16-2020, 08:59 AM
Ok. Thank you very much!
Reply

Caplets
04-16-2020, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by CopticGirl
... I am specifically looking for information about converts who were Coptic before as that is my faith.
Welcome to the islamicboard forums,

Do you understand Arabic? Or are you looking for information in English?


Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
04-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by CopticGirl
Hello. I am a Christian who is studying Islam and learning more about it. I come from a very religious family and if they found out I was interested in Islam they would freak out so I have been doing my research online.
Greetings,

I'm glad to see a non Muslim who wants to learn about Islam. My advise for you for learning the correct message of Islam is to go Discover the Truth, Islamqa.info, Aboutislam.net, AnsweringChristianity.com and Call to Monotheism.com.

Those Islamic websites provide crystal clear informations about everything you need to know about Islam, they are quite informative.

Also, you can tell your family that Muslims very comon things with Christians. For example, as a Sunni Muslim, I do believe in Jesus Christ and that he was risen up into Heaven, but I do not believe that he was cruxified but he was saved by God from being cruxified. And also, you tell to your family that Muslims believe that Jesus was no more than a Messenger and Prophet of God who was sent to confirm the Torah. And you can say that Jesus is not son of God but a Messenger of God because God Himself declared that He begits not nor was He begotten and there is none equal or comparisson onto Him. Also, Quran confirms the story of Jonah and it mentions in suratul Safat that Johan was swallowed by a fish, and some sheikhs say that it was a whale who swallowed Jonah and later that fish spit out.

You can say to them that they have nothing to fear, because Muslims are third type of Abrahamic people and they also believe in Creator.

Internet can be full of lies and misleading, but the ones that will noy be misleaded and lied are the smart people who knows where to go on internet. Like for example, myself, I know on which website to enter, because I use my mind.
Reply

CopticGirl
04-16-2020, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Greetings,

I'm glad to see a non Muslim who wants to learn about Islam. My advise for you for learning the correct message of Islam is to go Discover the Truth, Islamqa.info, Aboutislam.net, AnsweringChristianity.com and Call to Monotheism.com.

Those Islamic websites provide crystal clear informations about everything you need to know about Islam, they are quite informative.

Also, you can tell your family that Muslims very comon things with Christians. For example, as a Sunni Muslim, I do believe in Jesus Christ and that he was risen up into Heaven, but I do not believe that he was cruxified but he was saved by God from being cruxified. And also, you tell to your family that Muslims believe that Jesus was no more than a Messenger and Prophet of God who was sent to confirm the Torah. And you can say that Jesus is not son of God but a Messenger of God because God Himself declared that He begits not nor was He begotten and there is none equal or comparisson onto Him. Also, Quran confirms the story of Jonah and it mentions in suratul Safat that Johan was swallowed by a fish, and some sheikhs say that it was a whale who swallowed Jonah and later that fish spit out.

You can say to them that they have nothing to fear, because Muslims are third type of Abrahamic people and they also believe in Creator.

Internet can be full of lies and misleading, but the ones that will noy be misleaded and lied are the smart people who knows where to go on internet. Like for example, myself, I know on which website to enter, because I use my mind.
Thank you for the list of websites.
Reply

CopticGirl
04-16-2020, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Caplets

Welcome to the islamicboard forums,

Do you understand Arabic? Or are you looking for information in English?


Peace be upon those who follow the guidance.
I understand some Arabic but I will need the bulk of any sources in it translated.
Reply

HabibUrrehman
04-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Greetings,

The best thing is to read Quran cover to cover at your own, it is more than enough to answer all your questions as long as you are sincere.

You can also download a free book comparing Christianity and Islam from link below:

https://iera.org/downloads/jesus-man-messenger-messiah/

Below is another website with many videos, articles on most commonly asked questions, as well as some ebooks.

https://www.islamreligion.com/

Hope you find these resources helpful.
All the best on your pursuit to seek the truth!

May Allah guide you to the straight path and make it easy for you to follow the straight path. Ameen!
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 03:25 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | International Institute of Entrepreneurship and Professional Development - IIEPD | Truly Halal Humour

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!