/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Khaf

emem123
04-17-2020, 12:57 AM
It's Friday and I just have a question. We are recommended to read Al-khaf right during Fridays, so my question is do you read the whole chapter or you can choose what to read inside the chapter?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dianah
04-17-2020, 01:13 AM
Assalamualaikum, it is either the first 10 ayat or the last10 ayat of Surah Al-Kahf. It is even better to read and memorise either one of those 10 ayat.But it is not wrong for you to read the whole Surah Al Kahf if you want.

May Allah make this a habit for you on Fridays and reward you for your efforts.

emem123
04-17-2020, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dianah
Assalamualaikum, it is either the first 10 ayat or the last10 ayat of Surah Al-Kahf. It is even better to read and memorise either one of those 10 ayat.But it is not wrong for you to read the whole Surah Al Kahf if you want.

Thanks. Where have you learned about this?

Dianah
04-17-2020, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem123
Thanks. Where have you learned about this?
I learnt it from my local masjid khutbah one friday.
There is also a hadith of this :

Abu al Darda, Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever commits ten verses from the beginning Sura al Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal.” (Muslim, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and others; the wording is Muslim’s).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem123
04-17-2020, 03:58 AM
I learnt it from my local masjid khutbah one friday.
There is also a hadith of this :

Abu al Darda, Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever commits ten verses from the beginning Sura al Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal.” (Muslim, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and others; the wording is Muslim’s).
Okay. Thank you.

Al-Ansariyah
04-17-2020, 06:51 AM

Walekumassalam
But I think we have to read the whole surah..
That hadith doesn't mention friday...
Nd the hadith which mentions friday doesn't mention just ten verses.
Jazakallah khair

emem123
04-17-2020, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by user123name
Walekumassalam
But I think we have to read the whole surah..
That hadith doesn't mention friday...
Nd the hadith which mentions friday doesn't mention just ten verses.
Jazakallah khair
Ok thank you as well.

Al-Ansariyah
04-17-2020, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem123
Ok thank you as well.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1070...kahf-on-friday

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.