/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife eating during Ramadan

anonymous
04-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

I have a question that’s been on my mind for a long time. If a woman has her period in Ramadan, can she eat in front of her husband when he’s fasting?

Should she hide and eat somewhere privately or can she eat in front of him? Is it considered bad manners if she eats in front of him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-17-2020, 07:25 PM
Walaikum Assalaam,

I don't think anyone can really answer that for you.
She should probably ask her husband about how bothered he gets seeing others eating in front of him.
Although, I think the majority of us Muslims are alright in having other people eat in front of us while we are fasting.

Hassy
04-17-2020, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamu Alaykum

I have a question that’s been on my mind for a long time. If a woman has her period in Ramadan, can she eat in front of her husband when he’s fasting?

Should she hide and eat somewhere privately or can she eat in front of him? Is it considered bad manners if she eats in front of him?
If a person is not in a fasting condition then he/she should avoid eating/drinking in front of those who are in fasting.

Ümit
04-17-2020, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hassy
If a person is not in a fasting condition then he/she should avoid eating/drinking in front of those who are in fasting.
that is right...thank God im not in such a situation...but if I were...I certainly wouldn't be comfortable eating in front of a fasting person.

i dont even feel comfortable eating in public places like public transportation where people sit in front of you and are more or less forced to look at you while you eat...especially children.

I do not know whether that is allowed or not...I think it depends on the situation...but I think it is not good muslim manners if you have the opportunity to avoid it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
04-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Walaikumasalaam

I personally avoid it and never eat in front of others for 2 main reasons. One is Alhamdulilah we were raised this way to have some modesty (although i am not suggesting those women who don't do not have modesty. Perhaps a cultural difference?). Even to the extent when we are not fasting we will still wake up in the morning ao the male members of the family do not know.

...But more importantly i don't want to be seen as 'breaking' the rules of Allah swt thus encouraging others not to fast. People are easily influenced and even though most people know about the fasting exceptions relating to women, the sick and elderly etc. we can all pick up very bad habits/get influenced by our nafs etc.

My islamic teachers Alhamdulilah all agree it is better for us women not to eat in public.

May Allah swt help us all prosper spiritually Ameen.

Al-Ansariyah
04-23-2020, 02:32 AM
Assalamualaikum

Sunnan e Ibn e Maja Hadees # 1748

It was narrated that Umm ‘Umarah said:
“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came to us and we brought food for him. Some of those who were with him were fasting, and the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘If food is eaten in the presence of one who is fasting, the angels send blessing upon him.’”

Sahih Hadees.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.