/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to fast 60 days?

person5
04-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Salam
I few years ago during Ramadan, I masturbated I think 5 times while fasting. At the time I knew masturbation was wrong, however I did not know that it broke your fast or that it was any different to masturbating outside of Ramadan. I know masturbation is wrong and be assured I am trying very hard to stop. Now I am able to go a month without masturbating so Ramadan is no longer a problem however I am still concerned about whether I need to repent for the 5 days of the past Ramadan and if so how I must do so so please advise.
I also have another question for a friend. I have a friend who did not fast I think most if not all Ramadan due to lack of motivation. What are the conditions that someone must fast 60 days? If my friends case falls under these conditions, does he have to fast 60 days for each day that he missed, e.g. 60 x 25 days = 1500 days?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
04-19-2020, 12:01 PM
How old are you brother? I would say it is not your fault since you did not know. However, you now know so do not do it during fasting. Don't break your fast now. Allah won't punish you for something you were unaware and ignorant of . Now you know so be careful brother

person5
04-20-2020, 02:57 AM
Hi, I am 18 now. Thanks for the advice but can you answer my second question for my friend too on the conditions one must fast 60 days?

Studentofdeed
04-20-2020, 03:01 AM
Someone fasts 60 days if only they broke intentionally a fast. However someone who didn't can repent and start making those fasts up. If its too much then simply repent i would say and make sure to fast all of them next time. But never break one intentionally unless if life threatening circumstances such as medicine or one vomits than Allah is most understanding and forgiving

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
moinudin
04-20-2020, 04:46 AM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

As Studentofdeed says, I believe you are excused given you wrre unaware of masturation breaking the fast. I encourage you to repent sincerely though, and if accepted Allah will help you give it up, إن شاء الله.

As for your friend, it sounds like he deliberately did not fast. This means that not only must he perform qada by making up for each missed fast (note that performing the fasts of the current Ramadan takes precedence), he is also liable for kaffarah (expiation). This means fasting consecutively for 60 days, and if unable to then you can feed 60 poor people which you can do here https://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/ab...-and-kaffarah/

person5
04-21-2020, 02:43 AM
Ok thanks very helpful

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks, ان شاء الله I will make up for the missed days and will also let my friend know

eesa the kiwi
04-21-2020, 03:27 AM
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

You are best to contact a scholar. Not saying the above posts are incorrect but forums like this can only provide opinions not religious rulings and are more suited for people seeking advice rather than fatawa

person5
04-21-2020, 07:48 AM
Ok thanks so how do I go about contacting a scholar?

taha_
04-21-2020, 08:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by person5
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

From your local masjid or islamic centre.

eesa the kiwi
04-21-2020, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by person5

What @taha said

This sheik answers questions on Twitter and is quite quick to respond

https://mobile.twitter.com/assimalhakeem?lang=en

person5
04-22-2020, 03:15 AM
و عليكم السلام و رحمت الله و بركات
ok thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok thanks

MazharShafiq
04-22-2020, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi

You are best to contact a scholar. Not saying the above posts are incorrect but forums like this can only provide opinions not religious rulings and are more suited for people seeking advice rather than fatawa
yes it is best way to Getting rid of confusion.

person5
04-23-2020, 02:42 AM
ok thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.