/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does being born in another faith mean other possibilities

Studentofdeed
04-20-2020, 12:50 PM
I'm trying to understand something. I was born in a Muslim family but had a weak foundation. As a result I was always searching for the truth. I was drawn back into Islam and realized it was the truth. I became a Muslim by choice instead of birth. However, I want to know would I still have been a Muslim had I been born in another faith? Why did Allah guide me? Would I have been a disbeliver still had I been born in a non-Muslim family?

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a good person and nice to others in my ignorance does that mean I would be a good person if I was a disbeliever?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
04-20-2020, 01:00 PM
Assalam o Alaikum rahaumutllahi wa bakarauthu.

Allah guides whoever He wills. I am born to Muslim family, (From Pakistan). But I was never praciticing, and I became addicted to video gaming, until finally Allah guided me to His straight path.

There are so many Muslims born to muslim family but not praciticing religion. Youths are common, especially here in Pakistan.

The son of Adam peace be upon him is born Muslim, then his non muslim parents make him either Christian or Jew, or make them follow their forefathers blindly.

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I want to know would I still have been a Muslim had I been born in another faith?
This is decreed by Allah only. There are literally alot of people who followed another religions formerly but then reverted back to Islam, by will of Allah.

Why did Allah guide me
It is big blessing that Allah guided you to His straight path. He showed you His mercy. There is no need to ask this question.

“O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. Allah has forgiven that, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing”

[al-Maa’idah 5:101].

taha_
04-20-2020, 01:07 PM
Also, another Quranic verse.

Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you (Surah Maidah Ayat 48)

BlessedHijabi
04-20-2020, 02:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum
Had you been good to others in your ignorance would you be considered a good person while being a disbeliever?
Let me answer to this one. My way of explaining may not be that good so I apologize beforehand. Had you been good to people in your ignorance, you will still be rewarded but just in this world. But you will be losing your reward in the hereafter. Its like you passed in a subject out of 4 and you weren't promoted to the next grade or level. Makes sense? I hope this helps.
This was something I heard back then in a lecture I watched and I'm just putting it in my words. The rest all brother has explained very well.
Jazak Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Ansariyah
04-20-2020, 04:32 PM
I'm trying to understand something. I was born in a Muslim family but had a weak foundation. As a result I was always searching for the truth. I was drawn back into Islam and realized it was the truth. I became a Muslim by choice instead of birth. However, I want to know would I still have been a Muslim had I been born in another faith? Why did Allah guide me? Would I have been a disbeliver still had I been born in a non-Muslim family?

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a good person and nice to others in my ignorance does that mean I would be a good person if I was a disbeliever?
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarkatuh brother
I think first of all u should be grateful to Allah coz He has guided u. U were born in a muslim family but the family is not practicing islam and suddenly Allah guided u out of nowhere. I know how it feels. Same situation is with me. I don't know when I came to know about true islam, but in no time I got so much attached to it. It's one of the greatest blessings. Past still haunts me tho.
I am a practising muslim but family isn't. I used to think so much about this problem. I would always get frustrated by this small test. But when I came to know about reverted muslims families of whom are disbelievers, I felt so much relief. And I thought if they can stand against their families for Allah, why can't I ,when I still have muslim family.
Nd Allah doesn't change a person unless he/she wants to change himself/herself.

Brother just strive hard in righteousness and be thankful to Allah for the guidance. He is the best of planners.
Jazakallah khair

Studentofdeed
04-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Jazakhallah khayran keep us in ur duas

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.