/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan 2020

space
04-23-2020, 06:51 PM
Assalamu 1alaykum

Could anybody answer me when can we prepare for the first day of Ramadan? There's always arguing between people about the beginning of the day as it happens every year which makes me extremely confused. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulRehman123
04-23-2020, 08:58 PM
W/Salam
It depends on which region you live on if you live in Saudi Arabia/UAE then tomorrow on 24-04-20 is your first Ramadan, If you live in Pakistan/India then your first Ramadan will be on 25-04-20. It only depends on the sight of crescent Moon of Ramadan.
You may get more on What is Ramadan Fasting

Roza - What is Ramadan Fasting - Faiz e Islam
Ramadan Fasting 2020, What is Fasting in Islam | Roza, Hadith About Fasting - Quranic Ayat About Fasting, Rules of Ramadan Fasting...

soheil1
04-24-2020, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by space
Assalamu 1alaykum

Could anybody answer me when can we prepare for the first day of Ramadan? There's always arguing between people about the beginning of the day as it happens every year which makes me extremely confused. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
Islamic calendar is lunar, so a month begins with the sight of the new moon, the crescent.

some people stick to the sight of a naked eye, others say it suffices to see the crescent with whatever instrument you want.

Some countries like Saudi Arabia created a calendar by the name of umm-ul-Qura (ام-القری), if I am not mistaken, a century ago, which predicts beginning of Ramadan, and announce 2 day as Fitr.

At least one scholar says it suffices for the moon to be sighted in countries with common night.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!