/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is calligraphy permissible in Islam?

Mydah
04-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Assalam o alaikum brothers and sisters,

I’ve been doing calligraphy since a month or two and it has gotten so close to my heart and I enjoy it so much that I can’t put it into words. Just in recent times I got to know that doing calligraphy is not permissible in Islam and it has made me feel really bad. Before calligraphy I used to love drawing gesture drawings/figure drawings tho I never used to draw feautures or faces but then I stopped drawing it because it’s forbidden and then it took months to figure out that I can do something else which is calligraphy and I was so happy about it but as now I got to know this I’m really confused. If u guys have any idea about it please let me know!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
04-28-2020, 01:20 PM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

Why does Kaaba clothing have calligraphy written in it?

Where did you hear that calligraphy is forbbiden?

Mydah
04-28-2020, 01:28 PM
I actually have been taking orders for calligraphy so when I searched about it, in some place it was written that hanging frames of Qur’anic verses on the wall isn’t ok (if you have an intention of just decorating your wall) but How do I know if someone’s buying from me calligraphy so his/her intention is to actually recite that verse everytime they pass by, and not just To decorate their wall.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.