/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waswas of shirk

naz_the_dude
04-29-2020, 09:57 PM
AssalamualikumWarahmatallahiWabarakathu

I’ve been having these horrible thoughts. Almost daily, whenever i see something or say something, I start to think i committed Shirk or Kufr. Even when i know for a fact it’s not shirk, i still get feelings that it is. I keep trying to ignore them but it comes back. I also get thoughts that my prayers aren’t getting accepted and i won’t be able to go to Jannah. Please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
04-30-2020, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naz_the_dude

I’ve been having these horrible thoughts. Almost daily, whenever i see something or say something, I start to think i committed Shirk or Kufr. Even when i know for a fact it’s not shirk, i still get feelings that it is. I keep trying to ignore them but it comes back. I also get thoughts that my prayers aren’t getting accepted and i won’t be able to go to Jannah. Please help
These thoughts are obviously from shaytan. Seek refuge in Allah from that. Whenever you get those thoughts, remind urself you have to obey just Allah.
and try to have control on ur nafs(self). All kinds of shirk are visible but this one is really hard to identify.At last, make dua to Allah. He accepts all duas until nd unless the person doesn't hurry. Be patient.dont lose hope.

May Allah protect us from all types of shirk.

moinudin
04-30-2020, 06:48 AM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

رمضان مبارك

You could recite this dua. I recite it three times in the morning and afternoon (durood before and after).

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/473722454551892034/

Also recite surah kafiroon before going to sleep.

Bith are good protection from shirk.

As for kufr, everyone should seek forgiveness from Allah for kufr we might have committed knowingly or unknowingly every so often. It's good coverage as most people are unaware of the simple statements (or thoughts) of kufr they might make, but إن شاء الله Allah will forgive you.

MazharShafiq
04-30-2020, 07:11 AM
Please know that the very fact that those thoughts cause you distress indicates that you are a believer. That is what we understand from the following hadeeth:

Some of the companions came to the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) and asked him:

"إِنَّا نَجِدُ فِي أَنْفُسِنَا مَا يَتَعَاظَمُ أَحَدُنَا أَنْ يَتَكَلَّمَ بِهِ.."

“We have inner thoughts that we could not utter.”

He (blessings and peace be upon him) said,

"وَقَدْ وَجَدْتُمُوهُ؟"

“Have you really found them?”

And when they answered in the affirmative, he said,

"ذَاكَ صَرِيحُ الْإِيمَانِ"

“That is a clear (proof) of faith.”

[Muslim from Abi Hurairah]

"وَإِمَّا يَنزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ"

“And if an evil suggestion comes to you from Satan, then seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, He is Hearing and Knowing.” [Sahih International, 7:200]

The messenger of Allah said,

"يَأْتِي الشَّيْطَانُ أَحَدَكُمْ فَيَقُولُ: مَنْ خَلَقَ كَذَا؟ مَنْ خَلَقَ كَذَا؟ حَتَّى يَقُولَ: مَنْ خَلَقَ رَبَّكَ؟ فَإِذَا بَلَغَ أَحَدُكُمْ ذَلِكَ فَلْيَسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ وَلْيَنْتَهِ"

“The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created such and such? Who created such and such?’ until he says, ‘Who created your Lord?’ Whenever you reach that point, seek refuge in Allah and refrain (from proceeding with the thoughts).” [al-Bukhari from Abi Hurairah]

So, you need to say A’oodhu-billah and try to refrain (as much as you could) from having further thoughts. You may be able to do so by getting busy with some other tasks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Duas_Revival
05-09-2020, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naz_the_dude

Wa Alaikumus salam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

In relation to repentance and protection from Shirk - Do You Know The Supplication Taught To Us By The Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)?

The Messenger (S.A.W) warned us against shirk, fearing that his Ummah might fall into it, and said “The thing I fear most for you is minor shirk.”The Messenger (S.A.W) also said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock.Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you both minor and major forms of it” (Saying this Du’a).

Pronunciation: Allahumma inni a’oo-zu bika an oosh-rika bika wa ana a’lamu, wa astagh firuka lima laa a’lam

Meaning: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from knowingly associating anything with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that which I do unknowingly

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/morning-...shirk-and-riya

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.