/* */

PDA

View Full Version : covering tattoos

chrisleverett
04-29-2020, 10:35 PM
I reverted to shia islam witch permanents tattooing. But Its looked down on heavily and I've changed my mind about them being permissible and would like to cover them with skin colored ink If i can't afford more than one laser session (it takes 2 or 3 sessions to remove most tattoos). I've decided to go to the sunni sect and am worried about how i'll be treated by other muslims specifically weather I'll be able to find a wife that accepts I made a mistake and have repented. may I cover my tattoos with with skin colored ink?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
04-30-2020, 12:13 AM
As-Salaam 'Alaykum

Welcome to the forums,

Regarding tattoos (permanent) then they are not allowed.

"...Praise be to Allaah.

Tattooing, in which the skin is pierced with a needle and a blue or other coloured dye is injected, is haraam in all forms, whether it causes pain or not, because it involves changing the creation of Allaah, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos and the one for whom that is done. In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.” (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

With regard to all these matters, the ahaadeeth testify that the one who does them is cursed and that they are major sins. There is some difference of scholarly opinion as to the reason why they are forbidden. It was said that it is because they are a form of deception, and it was said that it is because it is a way of changing the creation of Allaah, as Ibn Mas’ood said – which is more correct and also includes the first meaning. And it was suggested that what is forbidden is only that which is permanent, because that is changing the creation of Allaah; as for that which is not permanent, such as kohl which used for adornment by women, that is permitted by the scholars...."1 ..."

Removing Tattos

"...Praise be to Allaah.

Please note that tattoos on the body are haraam, because it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who makes hair extensions and the one who asks for that to be done, and the one who does tattoos and the one who asks for them to be done. If a Muslim does that when he is unaware of the fact that it is haraam, or that is done to him when he is a child, then he has to remove it when he comes to know that it is haraam. But if removing it is too difficult or will cause him harm, then it is sufficient for him to repent and seek forgiveness, and it will not matter if he leaves the mark on his body..."2

There is a "resources" tab just above of useful threads/posts. Feel free to ask questions.

It is a great blessing that Allaah guided you to Islaam. What interested you in Islaam?

- Caplets

---------
1. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2028...haram-in-islam
2. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/9098...t-it-is-haraam

MazharShafiq
04-30-2020, 07:07 AM
Please note that tattoos on the body are haraam, because it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who makes hair extensions and the one who asks for that to be done, and the one who does tattoos and the one who asks for them to be done. If a Muslim does that when he is unaware of the fact that it is haraam, or that is done to him when he is a child, then he has to remove it when he comes to know that it is haraam. But if removing it is too difficult or will cause him harm, then it is sufficient for him to repent and seek forgiveness, and it will not matter if he leaves the mark on his body. With regard to having a gold tooth fitted when it is not needed, this is not permissible, because gold is haraam for men, unless there it is necessary for some valid reason. I understood from your question that you did that for the purpose of beautification, so you have to remove it. You can have it replaced with something else that is made of permissible material, other than gold. May Allaah help us all to do that which pleases Him. Wa’l-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah wa barakaatuhu.
copied.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.