/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waswas concerning apostasy / kufr, when is it commited? Have I commited it?

Mr.Muslimbro
05-03-2020, 01:44 AM
As salamu alaikum, I have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and it makes life miserable. I have seem some opinions that make it seem like kufr isn’t that hard to do and others that say that it’s nearly impossible to commit kufr as long as one didn’t intend kufr then it’s fine. I end up saying the shahada compulsively multiple times each day to be on the same side as I fear I’ve commited kufr. Is any of the following situations kufr? Please do not post any links, I know how to google, I just want an answer in your own words.

1) Saying a phrase like “holy s....” or “holy cow” or something similar.

2) I use a word that doesn’t really make sense, I’ll just write it as “treator” because one egyptian woman who didn’t speak english that well said this and I thought it was funny, so I would always mention this word to my mom as a joke. Like if she asked me what I’d like for dinner, I’d answer “treator”.
Today, my mom showed me where she had stopped reading in the Quran, and me being me, always using some light humor with my mom, pointed at the the page and asked “what are you reading, treator?” with humorous tone. The statement doesn’t even make sense and I did not mean to ridicule the Quran in any way, it just slipped out of me, I immediately felt like I shouldn’t have said that

3) When I listen to the Quran, it gets stuck in my head. So I often end up reciting what I think I heard and I recite it wrongly multiple times a day. I try to stop doing that but it just happens. Is reciting Quran this way, kufr? I don’t mean to change the words of Allah, it’s just that it’s in my head and I love reciting.

4) Is saying “I hate wudu” or “I hate salah” out of frustration because of OCD kufr?

5) My dad said something like “Allah and his rasul knows” concerning some type of information, but it’s only Allah that knows everything, is this kufr?

6) My dad was frustrated with me because of my OCD and said “curse Islam” out of being very angry, is this kufr and would he need to redo nikah? We’re talking about a senior man here, is it really necessary for him to redo it and does that mean that he is considering not married? This thought terrifies me.

7) Slips of the tongue such as saying “I love Satan” when one meant to say “I love Allah”, or saying “I hate Allah” when one wanted to say “I hate Satan”.

Please take this seriously and do not make fun of me. Jazakum Allah khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
moinudin
05-03-2020, 07:43 AM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

1 no
2 no
3 depends. There are two types of mistakes in recitation: minor and major. Major mistakes can change the meaning, and this can result in a statement of kufr. An example comes to mind of a drunk imam reciting Surah Kafiroon incorrectly. If you look at the verse you can see that leaving out a لآ can significantly alter the meaning. I recommend seeking repentance: you can make a dua like "Oh Allah, please forgive me for any mistakes in recitation that might have been statements of kufr I committed knowingly or unknowingly. Please protect me from making such mistakes again."
4. I don't think that's kufr, but you should try changing your view to one of appreciation. May Allah bless you with the sweetness of worship.
5. I don't know enough to be sure, but I'd advise him to change to just saying Allah knows best to be safe.
6. https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.../answers/42505 says that this is a statement of kufr, and explains how to repent. This does indeed mean his nikah is invalid.
7. It sounds like this is a genuine mistake. I would still seek repentance to be safe. Remember to be sincere in your repentance, and إن شاء الله Allah will accept it from you.

May Allah forgive you without accountability, guide you to seek true, sincere repentance, and help you discuss the matter of #6 with your father.

It must of taken courage to post this. I'm glad you did so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.