/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim scared me with his idea and giving me doubts

Studentofdeed
05-08-2020, 10:20 AM
I once was speaking to a non Muslim about the day of judgement. However he said that his religion is the correct one and every one else was wrong. I believe in Islam but the thought of being wrong and going to hell scared me. Or finding all my deeds scattered into dust. It freaks me out. He said he and all his people will enter paradise and everyone else will not enter. I did not rebuke him because I was too scared about this idea. I belive in Islam but does anyone get doubts if whether we will even reach heaven? If we are sure Islam is correct why do I still feel scared of being wrong? Please advise me but do not be judgmental

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
05-08-2020, 10:31 AM
I guess he's a christian.

Christianity is the last religion you should be worried about, believe me.

taha_
05-08-2020, 10:53 AM
Quran 2:111

And they say, "None will enter Paradise except one who is a Jew or a Christian." That is [merely] their wishful thinking, Say, "Produce your proof, if you should be truthful."

Sahih International: Unquestionably, [for] the allies of Allah there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve Quran (10:62)

Sahih International: Then will We treat the Muslims like the criminals? (Quran 68:35)

The Prophethood of Muhammad peace be upon him is truthful. He never spoke from his own desire. and what he said about some sign of last day like tall building, came true.

Was Qur'an corrupted? nope. it still remains original and protected by Allah, til Last Day.

One of the miracle of Qur'an is that it can't be imitiated. The Arab poet failed to imitate even smallest surah, (Surah Kawthar). it is also memorized by alot and alot of Muslims. There is no report about New Tesetament being memorized.

Just keep reading Qur'an and ignore what people say. Christian and Judaism are both corrupted nowsday.

Studentofdeed
05-08-2020, 10:58 AM
No of course yes I understand. But even the thought of thinking one was trying to please Allah, only to find Allah was angry with him or failed completely. And yes he was a of a very "unique" branch of Christianity. This one was of a cultish mindset. I'm not judging them and belive in Islam. However the thought of being in someone else shoes of being in a idolatry religion thinking you are doing good but finding out everything was lie. That is very scary.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
05-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

Allah chooses whom he wills, And I have always felt that you were called to be the best Muslim that you can be.

May Allah bless you on your journey,

Eric

CuriousonTruth
05-08-2020, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
No of course yes I understand. But even the thought of thinking one was trying to please Allah, only to find Allah was angry with him or failed completely. And yes he was a of a very "unique" branch of Christianity. This one was of a cultish mindset. I'm not judging them and belive in Islam. However the thought of being in someone else shoes of being in a idolatry religion thinking you are doing good but finding out everything was lie. That is very scary.
Evangelical?

The only religion which has monotheism other than Islam is Judaism. Christianity itself is not monotheism, and has strong presence of idolatry not only with Jesus but also with Mary. As I said Christians aren't in a position to lecture muslims.

Now within Islam, there are different branches of creed, and between two creeds it's possible one of them atleast is horribly wrong. It is your duty to read, get information and decide what's correct, and what's falsehood.

Studentofdeed
05-08-2020, 12:00 PM
No it wasn't evangelical but rather a new branch. They referred to God as mother and father. And they showed me a photo of Asian male and female saying This is Jesus as God reborn living on this earth. I kid you not but this is what he said. They surpingsly have a large following in my university hence I say cultish mindset in the way they act and dress. We were talking about religion and he said on the say of jusgement we will see who is correct and we are the correct ones. I wasn't doubting Islam but even the thought of being in wrong standing is scary itself.

- - - Updated - - -

And no way am I ridiculing them...I am just explaining their beliefs.

CuriousonTruth
05-08-2020, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
No it wasn't evangelical but rather a new branch. They referred to God as mother and father. And they showed me a photo of Asian male and female saying This is Jesus as God reborn living on this earth. I kid you not but this is what he said. They surpingsly have a large following in my university hence I say cultish mindset in the way they act and dress. We were talking about religion and he said on the say of jusgement we will see who is correct and we are the correct ones. I wasn't doubting Islam but even the thought of being in wrong standing is scary itself.

- - - Updated - - -

And no way am I ridiculing them...I am just explaining their beliefs.
I think you should spend your time and energy on more useful activities. This is just......a waste of everyone's time.

Al-Ansariyah
05-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Assalamualaikum
I too had this kind of conversation with my best friend. She is a Christian and her father is a priest.
So once , I sent her a video of yusuf estes reverting to islam. She texted that he didn't read the bible carefully and this isn't what Christianity teaches.
I then told her that bible has changed a lot from its original form. She wasn't ready to be convinced. We had a debate on all this for almost like 2 days. Then we agreed that she would read quran and I would read bible. I just read few starting verses from bible and that's it.
She said something which just led me to discontinue our conversation. I can't even say it .(Nauzubillah).

So this was my short story.boring..right?
But what I mean to tell you is that our religion is very much correct. These conversations are very sensitive and just lead to doubts. When I was involved in that conv., my heart was racing at such a fast pace. but i was so convinced that islam is correct.
If u ever get doubt, just think that Christianity was BEFORE islam. and MOST of the Christians do not even believe in monotheism, rather they are convinced with trinity thing. While islam teaches strict monotheism.
I don't know your intention behind this conv. but mine was to get her to straight path.
Haven't you heard the verse that Allah has sealed their hearts and they won't believe.
Yes, there will be Christians and jews too who will enter paradise but there are terms and conditions.I have so many questions which no Christian (who doesn't believe in monotheism) can answer.
Don't involve yourself in these types of conv. ,they will just sow doubts and shaitaan will try his best to divert you from straight path

CuriousonTruth
05-08-2020, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by user123name
Assalamualaikum
I too had this kind of conversation with my best friend. She is a Christian and her father is a priest.
So once , I sent her a video of yusuf estes reverting to islam. She texted that he didn't read the bible carefully and this isn't what Christianity teaches.
I then told her that bible has changed a lot from its original form. She wasn't ready to be convinced. We had a debate on all this for almost like 2 days. Then we agreed that she would read quran and I would read bible. I just read few starting verses from bible and that's it.
She said something which just led me to discontinue our conversation. I can't even say it .(Nauzubillah).

So this was my short story.boring..right?
But what I mean to tell you is that our religion is very much correct. These conversations are very sensitive and just lead to doubts. When I was involved in that conv., my heart was racing at such a fast pace. but i was so convinced that islam is correct.
If u ever get doubt, just think that Christianity was BEFORE islam. and MOST of the Christians do not even believe in monotheism, rather they are convinced with trinity thing. While islam teaches strict monotheism.
I don't know your intention behind this conv. but mine was to get her to straight path.
Haven't you heard the verse that Allah has sealed their hearts and they won't believe.
Yes, there will be Christians and jews too who will enter paradise but there are terms and conditions.I have so many questions which no Christian (who doesn't believe in monotheism) can answer.
Don't involve yourself in these types of conv. ,they will just sow doubts and shaitaan will try his best to divert you from straight path
Personally I never felt "uncomfortable" with debating christians (never did with jews so can't claim anything) because I know the Tanakh, the New Testament. If anything, they are the ones who get confused when I show them text of their own religion which they have no idea about. Then they do weird mental and verbal gymnastics.

Radical atheists, you can't have much of an intellectual debate with because they go to their usual insults and "I'm smarter than you" jab. It makes me laugh because they are only damaging their messaging with being antagonistic.

Agnostics are the hardest. Because they are agnostic you can't hold them to any rule or behaviour of radical atheists. Their own principles are vague. And they have a good grasp of astronomy, cosmology, evolution, natural sciences, because of which, if you don't have a good grasp of science you'll struggle to debate with.

Al-Ansariyah
05-08-2020, 02:08 PM
@CuriousonTruth ..
No brother, I never said I was 'uncomfortable'. I too had so many questions which she couldn't answer. And I would have convinced her if we had a face to face conv. We were texting at that time. I also sent her a conv. between jew, Christian and muslim. But she wasn't ready to watch. She said she wanted every answer from me.

CuriousonTruth
05-08-2020, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by user123name
@CuriousonTruth..
No brother, I never said I was 'uncomfortable'. I too had so many questions which she couldn't answer. And I would have convinced her if we had a face to face conv. We were texting at that time. I also sent her a conv. between jew, Christian and muslim. But she wasn't ready to watch. She said she wanted every answer from me.
Well i don't know exact detail of your debate. What I can say as a rule, it's always better to keep it slow and steady, instead of over-feeding information.

But it also depends what kind of debate you're having.

It's not necessary to say Bible has been changed. And classical scholars always used to respect the bible, and whether or not it has been changed, they always used to have a degree of respect for it. If I'm not wrong many hadiths are similar to Genesis. And some sahaba(ra) inquired the jews about their religion to gain religious knowledge. This fact is acknowledged in Ibn Khaldun's Muqaddimah.

Al-Ansariyah
05-08-2020, 03:16 PM
@CuriousonTruth
I didn't mean to disrespect bible. But yeah, I understood what u said.
Jazaka Allahu Khairan brother..ameen

'Abdullah
05-08-2020, 03:57 PM
The best thing is to stay away from any debate if one has no knowledge about Islam and the belief system of others. Simply give them a copy of Quran to read. It’s a direct communication between them and Allah and is more than enough for one to be convinced.

And Allah knows the best!

Ma’aSalaam

Studentofdeed
05-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Jazkallah khayran sister

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.