/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shatan's Waswasa while making dua

amnasheikh99
05-10-2020, 03:30 PM
Salam everyone
When ever i raise my hands to make dua, i get this feeling that God won't accept it, or its useless to pray for something. Satan really takes over me, and I begin to remember all the times my prayers went unanswered. How do i rid myself of Satan's waswasa, or Satanic whispers?
Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
moinudin
05-10-2020, 07:25 PM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

The last three surah are good protection from Shaitan. Try read them at least once in the morning and evening, working up to three times in the morning and evening and once before sleeping.

It might also help you to understand a few things about dua. Allah might choose not to accept your dua it's better for you, and He might delay it to the hereafter which is much better for us. You should try make dua with full sincerity and belief that He will accept it. Try making simple duas and reflecting when you realise it was accepted.

If you recite يَا وَهَّبُ seven times a day, with durood before and after, your duas are more likely to be accepted. Duas are accepted at the time of iftari (breaking fast), the middle of the night, when you're a traveller and when it's raining amongst other times. Try ask other practicing Muslims to make dua for you, and make dua for them. Asking for others increases the chance of acceptance, and when you ask for yourself try ask the same for the entire Muslim ummah if it makes sense to.

May Allah accept your lawful duas and make you among those whose duas are accepted.

Hamza Asadullah
05-10-2020, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amnasheikh99
Salam everyone
When ever i raise my hands to make dua, i get this feeling that God won't accept it, or its useless to pray for something. Satan really takes over me, and I begin to remember all the times my prayers went unanswered. How do i rid myself of Satan's waswasa, or Satanic whispers?
Jazakallah
Assalamu Alaikum,

Yes this is certainly from the tricks of shaythan as we are to have firm belief that Allah will accept our supplication in whichever way he deems as best for us whether he answers it in the way we want or opens other doors for us of that which is far better for us.

Allah wants to reassure us whereas our enemy shaythan wants us to be disillusioned until we give up altogether. So we must constantly have in our minds that we trust Allah and he will answer it in the best way in which he seems fit so we must exercise patience.

Please refer to the following thread which has a wealth of information and resources on how to overcome Wasawasa in Worship:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.