/* */

PDA

View Full Version : “and those who seek forgiveness before dawn”

Caplets
05-14-2020, 04:39 PM
السلام عليكم

“and those who seek forgiveness before dawn”

It was narrated from Ibn Shihaab az-Zuhree, from al-Agharr and Aboo Salamah ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan,

That Aboo Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord, may His name be blessed, descends every night, when the last third of the night remains, to the lowest heaven and says: ‘Who will call upon Me so that I may answer him? Who will ask of Me so that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?’ until dawn breaks. Hence they used to prefer to pray at the end of the night rather than at the beginning thereof.” 1

Imam Muhammad ibn Nasr al-Mirwazee (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Chapter on seeking forgiveness before dawn, and praying at that time.

Allaah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

And in the hours before dawn they would ask forgiveness

[adh-Dhaariyaat 51:18]

and those who seek forgiveness before dawn

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:17].

It was narrated from Naafi‘ that Ibn ‘Umar used to pray at night, then he would say: O Naafi‘, has dawn broken yet? And I would say no, so he would pray again, then when I said yes [dawn had broken], he would sit and ask Allah for forgiveness and offer supplication until the time for Fajr prayer.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar and Mujaahid concerning the verse (interpretation of the meaning): “And in the hours before dawn they would ask forgiveness” [adh-Dhaariyaat 51:18], that they said: They would pray. It was narrated from ad-Dahhaak: And they would get up and pray.

It was narrated from Qataadah: They were people of prayer.

It was narrated from al-Hasan concerning the verse (interpretation of the meaning): “They used to sleep but little of the night” [adh-Dhaariyaat 51:17]: They would sleep little during the night, and “And in the hours before dawn they would ask forgiveness” [adh-Dhaariyaat 51:18]. He said: They would continue praying until the time before dawn, then they would offer supplication and beseech Allaah. According to one report: They would pray during the night, and would seek forgiveness in the time before dawn, at the end of the night.

It was narrated that Zayd ibn Aslam said: Those who attended Fajr prayer.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a caller calls from heaven every night during the time before dawn (saying): Who will ask so that he may be given? Who will call so that he may be answered? Who will seek forgiveness so that he may be forgiven? And everyone between heaven and earth hears it except jinn and humans. Do you not see how the rooster and other creatures like him call out at that time?

‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood used to slip out from his house and say: “O Allaah, You called me and I am responding to You; You commanded me and I am obeying You. This is the time before dawn, so forgive me.” It was said to him: Why do you say, “This is the time before dawn, so forgive me”?

He said: When Ya‘qoob (peace be upon him) he would pray for forgiveness for his sons, he deferred that until the time before dawn. It was narrated from Ibraaheem at-Taymee that he said, with regard to the words of Ya‘qoob, “I will ask forgiveness for you from my Lord” [Yoosuf 12:98]: He deferred it until the time before dawn

End quote from Mukhtasar Qiyaam al-Layl (96).

----------
1. Narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (13/35); classed as saheeh by al-Albaanee in Irwaa’ al-Ghaleel (2/196).

Adapted from source: https://islamqa.info/index.php/en/an...d-of-the-night

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desert
05-14-2020, 05:00 PM
Mashaa Allaah this is excellent knowledge...

Jazakh Allah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.