/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sad about reaching the end of Ramazan

amnasheikh99
05-19-2020, 05:40 PM
There is something esp about the month of Ramzan that makes you want to spend most of your timing supplicating to God, and praying to Him. The month is almost ending. How do we keep our praying routine the same as during Ramadan. any suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
05-19-2020, 06:48 PM
Salaam Sister,

You can continuing fasting after Eid during the 6 days of Shawwaal.

Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.

(Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained this when he said: “Whoever fasts for six days after (Eid) al-Fitr has completed the year: (whoever does a good deed (hasanah) will have ten hasanah like it).” According to another report: “Allaah has made for each hasanah ten like it, so a month is like fasting ten months, and fasting six days completes the year.”

It was also narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah with the wording: “Fasting for the month of Ramadaan brings the reward of ten like it, and fasting for six days brings the reward of two months, and that is the fasting of the whole year.”

The Hanbali and Shaafa’i fuqaha’ explained that fasting six days of Shawwaal after fasting Ramadaan makes it as if one has fasted for an entire year of obligatory fasts, because the multiplication of the reward applies even to naafil fasts, because each hasanah brings the reward of ten like it.

Another of the important benefits of fasting six days of Shawwaal is that is makes up for any shortfall in a person's obligatory Ramadaan fasts, because no one is free of shortcomings or sins that have a negative effect on his fasting. On the Day of Resurrection, some of his naafil deeds will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his obligatory deeds, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing for which people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be their salaah (prayer). Our Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, will say to His angels – although He knows best – ‘Look at the salaah of My slave, whether it is complete or incomplete.’ If it is perfect, it will be recorded as perfect, and if something is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he did some voluntary prayers, [Allaah] will say, Complete the obligatory actions of My slave from his voluntary actions.’ Then all his actions will be dealt with in a similar manner.”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood).

mfmfayaz
05-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Yes, it is tough to keep the same level of eemaan after the ramadan is over.

the best advise i can give for you and myself are

1. Keep friends who are religious - at least they will motivate you to offer the obligatory salah
2. Like authentic islamic pages in facebook or any other platform, thus you will see more islamic related things on your social media
3. Learn the religion properly - you can read articles, lectures etc

Whatever happens make it a point that we should not miss any of the obligatory salah (A BIG MUST). If you are offering salah, i believe everything will fall in place.

Read here regarding the importance of prayer which i believe after you read, your imaan will get strengthened and you will try not to miss any salah.

Also at least read one page of the quran every day, make it a habit. Read here the benefits of reading quran

When you study the real importance from the authentic sources, i believe you will do this. let's try hard to seek the pleasure of Allah swt

m4rouf
05-21-2020, 02:31 PM
I used to count the days but this Ramadan has been different. I don’t want it to end!
I only pray that Allah can continue to guide us after Ramadan has ended.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamLife00
05-23-2020, 03:14 AM
Ramadan is definitely very special, always feeling especially peaceful, calm and most things related to worship always go smoothly in this month, even in salat I hardly ever experience waswas.
It says in the hadith that Satan is chained in Ramadan, although it doesn't mean all shayateen are chained -
but the difference is surely noticeable, we only have to deal with our nafs. I remember a dua to say for this: a'dhubillahi min sharri nafs.

I'm also sad this month is almost ending, but Alhamdulillah I am allowed to live and fast and do as many ibadat, good deeds so far.
Maybe this is my last Ramadan, maybe not. But I will continue perform ibadat, do good deeds, until my life in this dunya is over.
There is no other month like Ramadan, but if we continue striving to live Islam, all the good deeds, ibadat - inshaAllah we will be granted His Mercy: Jannah

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Paradise and Hell-fire disputed together, and Hell-fire said: In me are the mighty and the haughty. Paradise said: In me are the weak and the poor. So Allah judged between them, [saying]: You are Paradise, My mercy; through you I show mercy to those I wish. And you are Hell-fire, My punishment; through you I punish those I wish, and it is incumbent upon Me that each of you shall have its fill. (Sahih Muslim,al-Bukhari and at-Tirmidhi).

And those who are patient, seeking the countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them secretly and publicly and prevent evil with good - those will have the good consequence of [this] final home -Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation):"Peace be upon you for what you patiently endured. And excellent is the final home." (Ar-Ra'd 22-24)

Imraan
05-25-2020, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amnasheikh99
There is something esp about the month of Ramzan that makes you want to spend most of your timing supplicating to God, and praying to Him. The month is almost ending. How do we keep our praying routine the same as during Ramadan. any suggestions?
Salaam Sister.

Ramadan will come round again in 11 months time - ish.... in days its 352 (approximately).... this will go by so quick.... i've felt ramadan come round every year so quick for the past few years... i dont know why, maybe cos theres a lot of stuff goin on my life imsad. The way I look at it, Eid ul Adha is roughly 10 weeks way, the end of the gregorian year is 7 months away, before you know it, its April 2021!

Suppose you should keep up your ibadat and plan for a even more spiritual Ramdan next time round.

Insh Allah we all live to fully partake in the next one. I know some people who have passed away unexpectedly just before this year's ramadan or 'during', so sad about the fact that some of them didn't even contemplate 'not taking part in Ramadan 2020'..... Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone.

Ramadan is a special month, agree with you, theres something special about staying up all night until the fajr prayer, imagining the angels descended, the aurora, the feeling of not being alone, supplicating, reading quran.. Makes you realise Ramadan is not an opportunity to be missed... looking back though I think I did not do enough... I will try harder now and will prepare better for next years Ramadan... insh Allah....

you have the next 11 months to prepare for a better spiritual Ramadan next year, write the to'do's and special prayers/duas down if you have to. Improve and maintain your quran reading skills ready for the next time...

Still maintain your ibadat and supplicate, prayers can be 'responded to' at any given moment by the will of Allah swt if he thinks best, also keeps us sane and on track.

May Allah swt make it easy for everyone insh Allah.

Please remember me and my family in your prayers.... Jazak Allah. Stay Blessed...!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.