/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eat then pray or pray then eat?

m4rouf
05-21-2020, 01:34 PM
Can we eat Iftar and then pray or are we supposed to have just dates, pray then come back for Iftar?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
05-21-2020, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m4rouf
Can we eat Iftar and then pray or are we supposed to have just dates, pray then come back for Iftar?
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Better to eat date and drink water then pray , you can have full meal after prayer . Maghrib is shortest time. So be careful. You can make wudu early to save more time.

JazakAllah khair

Iceee
05-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Salaam brother.

Excellent question. Every year at the masjid for Iftar, everyone would have about 5-10 minutes to eat/drink/wash hands/perform wudu and then Magrib prayer would start.
You have the whole night to eat, prayers should always come first.

Ümit
05-21-2020, 03:30 PM
there are many imams who would say the opposite. first eat...then pray...you have enough time to do both. how well can you concentrate on your prayer with all the delicious food on the table which you can finally consume...how many of us will then race the clock doing prayer as fast as you can so that you can sit and eat.
you will be full within 15 minutes anyway

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamLife00
05-21-2020, 07:21 PM
It's time to break fast, so you can have full meal or small meal if you want.

But if time period between Maghrib and Isha is short, like a little bit over an hour, I just eat small portion and drink water and then offer Maghrib salat.

You can also make dua upon breaking fast as this hadith says

It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin ‘As that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “When the fasting person breaks his fast, his supplication is not turned back.” (Ibn Majah)

Aaqib
05-24-2020, 02:02 AM
Honestly it really depends on you.

Personally I eat my full meal because I don't wanna be thinking about the food or rushing my salat for it.

Ümit
05-24-2020, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Honestly it really depends on you.

Personally I eat my full meal because I don't wanna be thinking about the food or rushing my salat for it.
exactly...some of us prefer to pray first so that they can eat in peace without rushing...and others need to eat first so that food is no longer a distraction while doing salaat...both are valid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.