/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to learn Arabic - where do I start?

m4rouf
05-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Salam,

I want to learn Arabic so I can understand the Quran. I think Quranic Arabic might be different to modern Arabic.

Any suggestions on good books, online courses, apps, etc. for learning Quranic Arabic?

I can read and write Arabic and I know a few basic words and a bit about the grammar from a short Arabic (just Arabic not Qur’anic) course I did while at uni. I’ve forgotten most of what I learnt though I think.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
05-26-2020, 09:57 AM
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

I would recommend the madina Arabic book lectures on YouTube for grammar and al arabiya bayna yadayk also on youtube for vocabulary

It will take a serious amount of time and commitment it's not something you can pick up in five minutes but think of the end goal. To understand Quran how priceless is that

Let me know if you want links for the YouTube videos

Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2020, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m4rouf
Salam,

I want to learn Arabic so I can understand the Quran. I think Quranic Arabic might be different to modern Arabic.

Any suggestions on good books, online courses, apps, etc. for learning Quranic Arabic?

I can read and write Arabic and I know a few basic words and a bit about the grammar from a short Arabic (just Arabic not Qur’anic) course I did while at uni. I’ve forgotten most of what I learnt though I think.

Thanks
Assalamu Alaikum,

I would personally recommend joining a good online Quranic Arabic learning platform like Shariah program. Many have benefited greatly from this particular platform and you join live online classes and can benefit from many years of resources as well as become part of a learning community helping one anothervand going over what you have learnt in classes. The program is also continuously developed and is becoming better and more efficient as time goes on:

https://www.shariahprogram.ca/

taha_
05-26-2020, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalamu Alaikum,

I would personally recommend joining a good online Quranic Arabic learning platform like Shariah program. Many have benefited greatly from this particular platform and you join live online classes and can benefit from many years of resources as well as become part of a learning community helping one anothervand going over what you have learnt in classes. The program is also continuously developed and is becoming better and more efficient as time goes on:

https://www.shariahprogram.ca/

Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

is it compatilable for a deaf with commuincation mode of reading and writing? I am deaf-born and also cochlear aid user, I am also learning Arabic verbally. but I prefer reading and writing.

JazakAllah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2020, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

is it compatilable for a deaf with commuincation mode of reading and writing? I am deaf-born and also cochlear aid user, I am also learning Arabic verbally. but I prefer reading and writing.

JazakAllah khair.
Wa Alaikum Assalaam,

It is best to contact them and ask them directly. If they don't provide that service then also ask if they can direct you to where you can find such a service or support:

Contact by Phone:
+1-416-694-7368

9 AM – 5PM EST
Monday – Friday

Customer Support Email:
info@shariahprogram.ca

m4rouf
05-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Thank you everyone for the replies. I’ll start by checking out those YouTube courses

'Abdullah
06-16-2020, 04:57 PM
Please try the website below.
http://www.lqtoronto.com/

You can download Medina Arabic books and DVD's ( video lectures which explain in depth all 3 Medina books for English speaking students) for free from this website. This website also have some additional resources such as books in Arabic which one can read, detailed explanation of some Surahs from grammatic point of view and a forum to ask any questions related to Arabic language.

whitedove
06-17-2020, 01:01 AM
Salamualaikum,

I was in the same position during Ramadan where I wanted to make the effort to actually learn to read the Quran in Arabic fluently. Prior to this I had always memorized Quran through reading transliteration ( Arabic spelt out in English I.e Bismillahi Rahmani Al-rahim) simultaneously with hearing my favourite recitors, as well as follow the translation after). I was honestly finding the whole reading Arabic quite daunting. I too know the alphabet and sounds, but joining them together was always extremely difficult for me. Plus my understanding of classical Arabic is limited. However there are some amazing YouTube videos for Arabic lessons, I was very surprised and you learn so much in such little time. I would highly recommend one lady, I found her teaching style and the order of her lessons to be very good with a comfortable flow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnzfOIlLLig

If you follow the rest her videos according to your level, you will see STEP 1, STEP 2 until about 13, and other videos are labelled via subject matter.

This is the direct link to the channel : Arabic Khatawaat.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW2AgHPThj9_8raWYE2yjfw

Learning is specific to the individual though so if the above isn't helpful I would recommend you have a look around at other teachers on YouTube until you find the one you find most useful.

Good luck.

'Abdullah
08-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Recommending another site for Urdu speaking people who are interested in learning Arabic:
https://lisanulquran.com/

Lisan ul Quran
LisanulQuran's mission is to provide easy understandable Arabic grammar courses; it's our goal that every Muslim should understand Quranic Arabic directly without translation. No matter what's your age or education level you can understand Holy Quranic Arabic. We are providing online video lectures with proper text book, you can also attend ongoing courses. Br. Amir Sohail brings over 10 years of teaching experince....

'Abdullah
08-12-2020, 10:34 PM
Norman Ali khan will be teaching Arabic course online starting from September 18,2020 till the start of Ramadan in 2021. Those who are interested can see the video below:

Its a free course and all books can be downloaded from his website:
https://bayyinahtv.com/

You may need to have BayyainahTV subscription which is $11/month and if you can’t afford that you can fill out an application to get free subscription for one year.

Ma’aSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.