/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Consumed by wanting revenge

throwawayhelp
05-26-2020, 09:40 PM
A lot of people have done me wrong throughout my life, I keep thinking about what and how I would do to them and I find myself thinking about so much, I just want it to stop what should I do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
05-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Its not worth it. Think of it this way...if a person is truly sorry for what they did, they will repent and ask for your forgiveness and God's forgiveness. They will be better and not harm others. But revenge is drinking poison while you expect the other person to die. That is why they say dig two graves when you seek revenge. Because you kill yourself in process. Even after revenge, you will never fill whole. They will never suffer as you did. Even death itself is a mercy. Them dying will not solve anything but just lead them into the next life. Its better to forgive them so you get Allah's love and peace of mind. Speaking from experience. I have permanent damage on my mind and am scarred, yet I forgive so I will not suffer anymore. If they don't repent, God will deal with them but worry about yourself.

Hamza Asadullah
05-27-2020, 12:00 PM

Imraan
05-27-2020, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by throwawayhelp
A lot of people have done me wrong throughout my life, I keep thinking about what and how I would do to them and I find myself thinking about so much, I just want it to stop what should I do
Brother i have that feeling everyday, its been like that for at least two years now.... off course we want it to stop, it will only stop once either a) justice is served by the qadr of Allah or by some man made law or b) if you go out and get it yourself (bit difficult to do without taking any collateral damage to you or your family off course)!

I think ..... "to sit back and literally do nothing makes individuals feel worthless, numb, weak, invites more rubbish from people your way cos they know, this chump will do nothing"

I find myself reading dua's against my enemies and doing zikhr everyday (alongside my daily salaah off course and even when not in salaah), cursing them, praying they feel the wrath of Allah swt sooner rather than later, when they feel his wrath, it will stop them from doing what they are doing, it will soften their heart, they will learn they arent the most powerful, Allah swt is, this should bring them onto a better path hopefully....

pray for divine justice.... justice from Allah swt to be served. Yeah we want it served in this dunya to those who deserve it actually. We pay for it by being the victim in this dunya... so they should too!

i know how you feel...

grrr!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
05-27-2020, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
MaashAllah good video

summary by Sheikh Hoblos is let all ill feeling go from the heart, forgive and forget... any ill feelings any feelings of negativity is being sourced from Shaytan himself... this is what Shaytan wants. Shaytan wants "Hate to beat Love"

when we actually want "Love will beat Hate"

But that should not mean people should get away with whatever form of oppression or persecution they do on others...

I quote Surah An-Nisa [4:135]

Attachment 6905

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

What is Allah swt telling us here exactly. Can someone give a detailed Tafseer on this?

Jazak Allah

Hamza Asadullah
05-27-2020, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
MaashAllah good video

summary by Sheikh Hoblos is let all ill feeling go from the heart, forgive and forget... any ill feelings any feelings of negativity is being sourced from Shaytan himself... this is what Shaytan wants. Shaytan wants "Hate to beat Love"

when we actually want "Love will beat Hate"

But that should not mean people should get away with whatever form of oppression or persecution they do on others...

I quote Surah An-Nisa [4:135]

Attachment 6905

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

What is Allah swt telling us here exactly. Can someone give a detailed Tafseer on this?

Jazak Allah
Assalamu Alaikum,

Those who wrong others only wrong themselves but they perceive not. Our enemy shaythan aims to create hatred and enmity in our hearts so that we can't move on with life and that we wallow in our bitterness. These feelings then develop into wanting revenge and we start thinking of scenarios whereby we can inflict the pain we feel back on them or we begin to wish them serious injury or even death. What will this achieve? Will we move on until someone else does something and then we wish the same for them? Maybe there is some fault in our part that we are too blind to see?

However know that we will surely be tested through other people, our families, poverty, wealth and children. So Allah wants that we pardon the faults of others and ignore the foolish and ignorant. This is more pleasing to Allah so that he may also show mercy towards us for our faults and transgressions.

What if Allah were not forgive our sins because we transgressed? Should he take revenge on us or do we prefer that he forgives us? So forgive not for them but for anyone else but because it is pleasing to Allah alone. Know that we may have wronged many people that we do not even perceive but if we don't forgive then why should others? So we ask others for forgiveness and we hope Allah will also forgive us for hurting anyone that we do not know about.

That does not mean that we allow other people to walk all over us as we are entitled to maintain our honour and to defend ourselves and others against verbal and physical abuse. Walking away from the verbally abusive ignorant people is very pleasing to Allah. Let them bark for it is to their own detriment in doing so. However if we resort to the same verbal abuse back then what is the difference between them and us? We would have made ourselves equal to them. Surely we must be the better person so that we can seek a great reward instead from Allah.

However we are allowed to physically defend ourselves but we should not exceed the limits in doing so and the minimum we are allowed to do is inflict back like for like. However it is better to forgive and not to take revenge. This is because it then becomes a vicious cycle and other people may get involved and a number of people may get hurt in such an altercation.

If we have a forgiving heart towards other people and humble ourselves only to please Allah alone then that is far better for us and our reward is with Allah. Let Allah deal with them for he is the most just and with him there is a great reward for the patient without measure.

فصيح الياسين
05-27-2020, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by throwawayhelp
Brother its ok if you can't forgive them. Islam give us choices to even take revenge or forgive but praises the forgiving and have virtues too.

Every person is not the same to bear the wrong doings of others. So if you can't forgive them THEN TAKE REVENGE ON THEM BUT EQUALLY HOW BAD THET DID TO YOU. If you over punished them then either you will have to give your virtues to them or take their bad deeds hereafter the exact amount you over punished.

If you punished them less then hereafter they have to pay from their virtues to you or to take your bad deeds. Same the exact amount which they did not took from you as the punishment

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.