/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Muslims listen to vibration frequency sounds?

Highspirits19
05-28-2020, 08:51 PM
Salam everyone. I have been dealing with bad anxiety and tension for a while now. I have just discovered vibrational frequency videos that you listen to and it sends these vibrations of specific frequencies that help calm you down and help decrease stress and anxiety. A lot of these videos include in the bio that it removes blockades from the “root chakra”. I understand that this is from an Indian system I believe. There are commenters that ask if it includes subliminals, and most have said no. I’ts just videos that send vibrations that calm you. I just wanted to ask if it was okay if us Muslims can be able to listen to these videos to calm ourselves.

I can include a link so you know what I’m talking about.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
05-31-2020, 11:19 AM
Walekumassalam
It doesn't seem appropriate. There's a use musical instrument which itself is satanic. When I googled about solfeggio (as in the title), I got this:

"What are the Solfeggio frequencies? The solfeggio frequencies are part of the olden six-tone scale believed to have incorporated scared music, inclusive of the famous and beautiful Gregorian Chants. The unique tones and chants are found to impart spiritual blessings when they are played harmoniously."

And when the word 'music' has come in the definition, I don't think there's a need to think more about it or explain it. This may be method of kaafir to relieve stress but here we,muslims, have quran. It's indeed healing from every kind of ailment. So why search for any other means to relieve stress when we already such a better means. Hope this helps you.

Highspirits19
06-03-2020, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by medico
Walekumassalam
It doesn't seem appropriate. There's a use musical instrument which itself is satanic. When I googled about solfeggio (as in the title), I got this:

"What are the Solfeggio frequencies? The solfeggio frequencies are part of the olden six-tone scale believed to have incorporated scared music, inclusive of the famous and beautiful Gregorian Chants. The unique tones and chants are found to impart spiritual blessings when they are played harmoniously."

And when the word 'music' has come in the definition, I don't think there's a need to think more about it or explain it. This may be method of kaafir to relieve stress but here we,muslims, have quran. It's indeed healing from every kind of ailment. So why search for any other means to relieve stress when we already such a better means. Hope this helps you.
Salam Medico! Thank you very much for your answer. And yes I also did research about solfeggio frequencies including chants, but not all of the frequency videos have those chants. It’s simply the vibrations itself. And can you explain how it’s satanic?

Highspirits19
06-03-2020, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by medico
Walekumassalam

I forgot to ask one more question, is there any surahs that can help relieve anxiety and stress? Thank you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
06-03-2020, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure about surahs but any musical instruments besides drums are satanic because they are created by Satan. Music can change our emotions and control us. Hence why it is haram

muslimah__
06-03-2020, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Highspirits19
I forgot to ask one more question, is there any surahs that can help relieve anxiety and stress? Thank you.
Salaam

DUA FOR DISTRESS AND GRIEF
‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ood (R.A) said: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllahu alaihi wasallam) said: “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and reads (the following dua) ’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”

Allaahumma inni `abduka wa ibn `abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka ‘adlun fiyya qadaa`uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw `allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw asta’tharta bihi
fi `ilmi al-ghaybi `indaka an taj`al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jilaa’a huzni wa dhihaaba hammi.

‘O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is ever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or which you revealed in Your Book, or which You taught to any of Your creation, or which You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’an the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.

2) Allahumma inni a’oo-zu bika mi-nal-ham-mi wal-hazn, wa a’oo-zu bika mi-nal 'aj-zi wal-ka-sal, wa a’oo-zu bika mi-nal jub-ni wal-bukhl, wa a’oo-zu bika min gaa-la-ba tid-daynee wa khah-rir-ri-jaal.

Meaning: O Allah! I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and miserliness, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by (other) men.
see links below for the Arabic text:

1)https://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/034.html

2) https://www.duasrevival.com/morning-...laziness-debts

JunYao
09-10-2023, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Highspirits19
There is a surah for anxiety and stress! It's called ad-duha. I got this recommendation from someone and has gotten through severe social anxiety with this surah. It also helps me with when I feel overwhelmed by my senses outside of my house since I also has autism. I definitely recommend trying!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.