/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Birth of soul as opposed to Birth of our human self.

Imraan
05-28-2020, 10:32 PM
Assalam Walaikum

Apologies for some out of the box stuff here but can anyone respond using Quran and Hadeeth?

Is our SOUL born when our physical self begins to develop 9 months prior to our birth?

We know that each physical body has a soul. When the physical body comes to end of life, the soul is taken and will go through the stages after death as we all understand it. Eventually reaching either the pit of hellfire (if you are in the red with a lot of losses) or stationed somewhere in the gardens of paradise, in a house or mansion with a station-rank / mansion size dependent on your deeds (if you are in the green with a lot of profit) when your balance sheet representing your time in the dunya is brought to trial balance. Pardon the puns.

So we know what happens when life starts in our mothers womb until right up to the hereafter. Is there anything to suggest that our soul existed way before we are born?

looking for reasoning around the birth of our spiritual self aka our soul,

Were the souls created when the universe was created, if yes .... before or after?

Apologies in advance if this winds anyone up the wrong way, guess I am curious.

Please remember me and my family in your prayers... Jazak Allah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
05-29-2020, 07:00 AM
yes, our souls existed long long before even Adam as was sent to the Earth. The proof of that?
The Qalu Bala covenant we took - some event where Allah created every soul and gathered together and asked us all..."Am I not your Lord?" and we all answered "No, you are!"
And after that He send us to Earth.
Whether that event took place before, during or after Allah created the universe...I do not know...but at least it happened before Adam as walked the Earth.

The Qalu Bala event is so important to us, because we are muslims since that event.
So if anyone asks us "since when are you Muslim?"
The right answer would be "since the Qalu Bala event."

Imraan
06-01-2020, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
yes, our souls existed long long before even Adam as was sent to the Earth. The proof of that?
The Qalu Bala covenant we took - some event where Allah created every soul and gathered together and asked us all..."Am I not your Lord?" and we all answered "No, you are!"
Whether that event took place before, during or after Allah created the universe...I do not know...but at least it happened before Adam as walked the Earth.

The Qalu Bala event is so important to us, because we are muslims since that event.
Jazak Allah Khair.

Imraan
09-05-2020, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit

Assalam Walaikum

Just revisiting this briefly around the meaning of 'qalu bala'

Reference : http://door2paradise.blogspot.com/20...-when.html?m=1

WHAT DOES QALU BALA MEAN AND SINCE WHEN HAVE WE BEEN MUSLIMS?

Allah created the spirits of all people before He created the world and the beings in it. He brought them together in a place called the realm of spirits. Then, he brought all of them to his presence and asked them:
We have been Muslims since Qalu Bala.
Allah created the spirits of all people before He created the world and the beings in it. He brought them together in a place called the realm of spirits. Then, he brought all of them to his presence and asked them:
– Alastu birabbikum= Am I not your Lord? The spirits answered:
Qalu: Bala=They said: Yes you are. They also said, “Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.” The time when the conversation above took place is called Qalu Bala.
Then, Allah created the world as a place of testing and trial in order to find out to what extent the spirits were sincere and truthful in their promises. He placed each spirit into a different body and sent them to the world, the place of testing and trial, in certain intervals. Thus, man had two choices:
He will either use his mind and will in a good way and continue to know Allah as his Lord or he will use his mind and will in a bad way and deny Allah, avoiding worshipping him and following the way of the devil.
We, as Muslims, give Allah endless thanks that we have kept our promises that we gave our Lord in Qalu Bala. We hope (inshaallah) we will continue to keep our promises until the last breath.

Is there an Arabic term for 'realm of spirits', it would make sense if it did, then we can relate the 'qalu bala' to an event regarding all souls... They said: Yes you are.

..... In the 'realm of spirits' ..... (the same as barzakh? But reference to barzakh is only made to after death.. Not before life)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
09-13-2020, 05:49 PM
Youtube clip from Yasir Qadi...

the knowledge grows........ Alhamdulillah, pay attention to what come at stage 5....

Bear in mind he omits the qalu bala event, the assembly of all souls right from the much earlier stages....
Also additionally he mentions that lastly the soul being reincarnated or spawned in another form of existence... Jasadh?

is there any reference to 'Jasadh' in Quran or Hadith?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.