/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mistakenly started to recite fatiha !

sampjzt
05-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

Elhamdulilah today we prayed Jummah at the masjid after weeks of not being able to pray at masjid.

But something happend which got stressed.After we started praying fardh of jummah when we got up to pray the second rakah I accidentaly started reciting fatiha silently before Imam started to recite so I immediately stopped when imam started to recite and I realized the mistake I did I didnt know what to do it was the second rakah I had no knowledge what to do so I continued to finish salah with imam .

Is my salah valid or not if its not valid what do I do ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-29-2020, 01:15 PM
:wasalam:

Don't worry too much about it. Mistakes of muqtadi behind the imam are usually overlooked, as long as you continued your rest of the prayer along with the imam.

Caplets
05-29-2020, 02:11 PM
السلام عليكم

"....With regard to all other words of the prayer, it does not matter if you say them simultaneously with the imam, or before him, or after him. If we assume that you hear the imam reciting the tashahhud, and you have already recited it, this does not matter, because anticipating the imam in the words of prayer, apart from the first takbeer and the salaam, does not affect the prayer. Similarly it does not matter if you recite al-Faatihah before him and say Wa laa’l-daalleennor of those who went astray” [al-Faatihaah 1:7 – interpretation of the meaning], whilst he is still reciting Iyyaaka na’abudu wa iyyaaka nasta’eenYou (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)” [al-Faatihaah 1:7 – interpretation of the meaning], in Zuhr prayer, for example, because it is prescribed in Zuhr and ‘Asr prayer for the imam to let the people hear the verse he is reciting sometimes, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do.

The second category is to do the actions of prayer simultaneously with the imam, and this is makrooh.

For example, when the imam says “Allaahu akbar” for rukoo’, and starts to bend forward, and you start to bow simultaneously with the imam, this is makrooh, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “When he bows, then bow, and do not bow until he bows.” And in sujood when he says takbeer for sujood, if you prostrate and reach the floor at the same time as him, this is makrooh, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disallowed that and said, “Do not prostrate until he prostrates.” ..." 1

----------
1. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3379...imam-in-prayer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.