/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Slave of Allah or Servant of Allah?

m4rouf
05-30-2020, 02:36 AM
Looking at the definition of slave, slaves are forced to serve their master with no choice and little to no renumeration.

However, Allah gives us free will and also repays us eternally with Jannah so surely we shouldn't be considered 'slaves' - maybe servants?

But then again we have to face consequences for not obeying and worshipping Allah.

So are we considered slaves, servants or something in between?

I presume this question only arises due to difficulties translating the Arabic words accurately.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
2rahmah
05-30-2020, 05:47 AM
Great Question, brother.

I've became curious related your question and get this information:
According to Nourman Ali, Abd meaning is more to "Slave".
He make it clear here:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJymQTW9cd4
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIWIogwjKU

As I got from the Explanation, I consider that Slave is small part of Servant. That Means, If we are a slave, we are also a servant.
But If we are a Servant, It doesn't mean we are a Slave.
This means that Slave of Allah is rarest person than Allah's Servant.

As You've said, that Allah gives us free will and also repays us eternally with Jannah. The Free Will means that we always can choose either to be only a Servant or become a Slave.
Me myself think that Servant will be kind of doing everything Allah said in Quran.. We're doing this because we believe, and We have to do it. In daily life, maybe we still choose and think rationally about what will be good for us in this life, for each decision and activity...
However, A slave will always think of Allah (will Allah like this, Will Allah please with Me?) in each decision We make, and each activity We do.

2rahmah
05-30-2020, 05:49 AM
Wallahu a'lam bissahawab

IslamLife00
05-30-2020, 05:53 AM
Another translation I have read is a devotee, which I guess is more about worship by choice, instead of being forced to.

Because Allah is al-Adl, arRahmanirRahim, He is not unjust - for me it does not really matter I am considered slave or servant or devotee.

If anything I'd rather serve, be a slave, or devote myself to Allah than anyone else anyway. I will suffer no injustice nor oppression from Him, Rabbi al'alamin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.