/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advise for Career Woman

2rahmah
05-30-2020, 06:16 AM
Assalamu'alaikum,

I've been looking for some input from many people related Career Advice.
I worked on a multinational factory which has 20k employee for 5 years now. I'm working as project leader and has several improvement project in the factory.
However, since my Hijra, I've become uncomfortable about my Career.
My co-worker mostly are Men. I have to do many projects, and discuss a lot with them.
even though I clearly use moeslim attributes, the more i've known those people, the more I show myself. Which literally makes me show my flaws, and the more I show them my flaws, the closer we've become.
I did istikhara, give my resign letter several time, however it feels difficult to leave my job. As I don't want to dissappointed my co-workers, and don't want to left my projects undone... I've give in and stay in this factory, because i am not married yet, has to provide myself and my family and still have no new career invitation ahead. Even if i had new career invitation, mostly the work have same pattern: work with many Men.
Honestly, I like my current job, But Inside my heart, I keep thinking that i need to leave.

I wonder what should I do with myself? Please give any advise, suggestion or anything related my Job, what career should I pursue better?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaima zahid
05-31-2020, 01:40 AM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
Dear sister,
Rizq is something Allah swt gives!
To be honest if your heart is telling you to leave it leave it but before leaving do something about your next job even if it provides less money take it (plus if there are less men there)
You are lucky that Allah swt put that thought in your mind don’t let it go waste.
May be someone else will give you better suggestions about job but from me to you leave this job don’t let know people more about you.

moinudin
05-31-2020, 09:16 AM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

If you did istikhara and your heart is telling you to leave, you should leave. Don't overthink about disappointing your coworkers. If you've given your resignation letter, that means they know your intent to leave. Speaking as a former manager, once you tell a company your intent to leave, you might as well leave as soon as possible. You'll never completely finish your projects, and it's better to focus on handing them over.

I would advise doing istikhara to see if you should remain in the same industry or change profession to escape the issue of working with men. Non-Muslims don't have the fear we as Muslims (should) have of lustful thoughts, etc. There's a verse in the Quaran that comes to mind, can't remember the specifics but it's something like "perhaps you think something is good for you but it's not; perhaps you think something is bad for you but it's not." Be careful to keep the job just because you enjoy it. If it's harmful to your religion, you're likely to find more peace in another job without this issue.

May Allah make this easy for you and guide you to the best possible outcome.

2rahmah
06-01-2020, 08:16 AM
Dear Sister, thank You for your suggestion..
Alhamdulillah, I've discussed with my family and they are agree if I take a leave of my job anytime.
currently i am seeking a new job with less Men work around.
May Allah make us easier in our activity..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
2rahmah
06-01-2020, 08:27 AM
If you did istikhara and your heart is telling you to leave, you should leave. Don't overthink about disappointing your coworkers. If you've given your resignation letter, that means they know your intent to leave. Speaking as a former manager, once you tell a company your intent to leave, you might as well leave as soon as possible. You'll never completely finish your projects, and it's better to focus on handing them over.

I would advise doing istikhara to see if you should remain in the same industry or change profession to escape the issue of working with men. Non-Muslims don't have the fear we as Muslims (should) have of lustful thoughts, etc. There's a verse in the Quaran that comes to mind, can't remember the specifics but it's something like "perhaps you think something is good for you but it's not; perhaps you think something is bad for you but it's not." Be careful to keep the job just because you enjoy it. If it's harmful to your religion, you're likely to find more peace in another job without this issue.

May Allah make this easy for you and guide you to the best possible outcome.
Aamiin yaa Allah yaa Hadi...

I've actually handled my resignation letter 2 times, but as You said I've probably less-serious of handling or trusting my job to other people. the projects just never end anyway. I will do istikhara related my next job.. Thank You so much for your suggestion.

Alpha Dude
06-03-2020, 10:28 PM
I've probably less-serious of handling or trusting my job to other people
You sound like an "ideal" or "exemplary" employee. Invested to such an extent that you refuse to leave for your own reasons but rather for the potential detriment you see to the company you work for. I find the amusing, somewhat.

My advice: Most employers don't care about you, especially the bigger ones. There is no such thing as loyalty and you should always put yourself above the needs of a company (while obviously keeping to your contracted duties).

2rahmah
06-04-2020, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You sound like an "ideal" or "exemplary" employee. Invested to such an extent that you refuse to leave for your own reasons but rather for the potential detriment you see to the company you work for. I find the amusing, somewhat.

My advice: Most employers don't care about you, especially the bigger ones. There is no such thing as loyalty and you should always put yourself above the needs of a company (while obviously keeping to your contracted duties).
You are (definitely) right, I saw many people struggle for their own loyalty, however leave nothing.
There's no such irreplacable place for a company though. "Smart people with dumb thinking" would be a fit saying. haha
however i just realize that ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.