/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage events

muslimah__
05-30-2020, 05:06 PM
Salaam

Does anyone have any good experiences with marriage events. In a strictly halal environment (ie. no pictures , no interacting, only mahrams)

I think this is a better alternative than matrimonial websites out there such as Single Muslim etc of which the environment can be questionable (freemixing; non-serious members)

I’m looking for events similar to this https://purematch.co.uk/

My family does not know any practicing families; and it is very difficult to get any proposal

Any comments/advice appreciated!

JazakAllahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
06-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Asalaamualaykum

I can understand your concern because all I hear is horror stories myself.

Truth of the matter is I don't think the real problem is the procedure of these meetings, its actually really that its difficult to find someone who has Haq and is Just in character.

I also know for a fact that people lie and deceive even in the most Halaal environments and set-ups.

Reminds me of a funny story, a prospective guy came for a proposal for my neighbour once, and the boys side he is so pious that he even fasts on Eid day LOL ;D

muslimah__
06-03-2020, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

Truth of the matter is I don't think the real problem is the procedure of these meetings, its actually really that its difficult to find someone who has Haq and is Just in character.

I also know for a fact that people lie and deceive even in the most Halaal environments and set-ups.

Reminds me of a funny story, a prospective guy came for a proposal for my neighbour once, and the boys side he is so pious that he even fasts on Eid day LOL ;D
Jzk for your reply.

yes I agree with your point that is extremely difficult to weed out genuine good men. They are far and few. But I hope the halal environment which I refer to in the OP will significant reduce the amount of time wasters and will be most probably will the sort of environment that practicing brothers will look for.

The funny incident at the end did make me chuckle. Surely people can’t be that naive!

Supernova
06-03-2020, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Surely people can’t be that naive!
You'd be surprised !!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
06-03-2020, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Salaam

Does anyone have any good experiences with marriage events. In a strictly halal environment (ie. no pictures , no interacting, only mahrams)

I think this is a better alternative than matrimonial websites out there such as Single Muslim etc of which the environment can be questionable (freemixing; non-serious members)

I’m looking for events similar to this https://purematch.co.uk/

My family does not know any practicing families; and it is very difficult to get any proposal

Any comments/advice appreciated!

JazakAllahu Khairan
Walaikum Salaam

introductions via marriage events or marriage apps should be used strictly for introductions only.... once the basic pleasantries take place and both people like eachothers profile... get the family or mahram involved straight away! I mean it!!!! STRAIGHT AWAY!!, no testing waters, nothing like that.

Serious people will always commit, no doubt about it and will co-operate in a way that is expected in a nice manner, especially when their elders and family are involved.
If it's meant to be, Allah swt will make it easy for you. If it isn't easy then take that as a sign that you should move on.
"Shouldn't I persevere?" i hear you say. Don't persevere for a person who isn't going at the pace they are supposed to.

Always leave your heart to one side when communicating with people. Look at it from a pragmatic and practical point of view.

The perception of marriage for some people is so varied these days that's why it is important to realise and identify the expectations from the outset!. The basic expectations should be there as I think these hold a marriage together... along with a persons conduct and their willingness to tackle problems off course.

I've been to a couple of events years and years ago. Nothing happened for me really but then again I ain't no Sharukh Khan!

I should add that I know there is always a possibility that like minded people can meet in these place, anything is possible, pray that it is all good!

My auntie from the midlands met her husband in a marriage event in London and they got married around 2005, both professionals and liberal, my auntie is a right gem and she married a gentleman. Alhamdulillah to this day they live happily in Switzerland and have children.

In this day and age, where even the idea of introductions via family and aunts are lacking, I fear that people will eventually need to refer to these services and channels just to find potential candidates and then do their screening straight after.

No matter what happens though, take your precautions (why?, because you would be fool not to!) and at the end of the day, accept what is destined for you by Allah Swt and make plenty of dua.

Always seek out genuinely god conscious, god fearing individuals, their actions and speech pattern will be indicative of what kind of morals and conduct they have.

I wish someone slapped all of this in my face before I got married! ...... but ..... we live and learn.

Please remember me and my family in your prayers.

Jazak Allah Khair and Barak Allah Feek

Your brother Imran.

Imraan
06-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Asalaamualaykum

Are you sure he wasn't keeping the 30th fast in Ramadan, while most had kept 29 fasts that year before celebrating Eid? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Supernova
06-03-2020, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Are you sure he wasn't keeping the 30th fast in Ramadan, while most had kept 29 fasts that year before celebrating Eid? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
LOL No !!! they went on to say even more funny things but I'd leave it there for now.

Imraan
06-03-2020, 06:00 PM
LOL No !!! they went on to say even more funny things but I'd leave it there for now.
i must say this year was a bit weird.. where i am in the UK, during the 30th fast.... just after midday some people were saying that they heard Eid was declared on that day i.e. on the 30th fast, some were even saying they should break their fast as its haraam to fast on Eid Day and even gave the impression that they were going to do it (i was imagining them with a date in one hand positioned near their mouth while their smart phone in the other). Some individuals i think caused panic in some whatsapp groups... thankfully the group admins were able to intervene in time to stop people breaking their fasts!

muslimah__
06-03-2020, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
i must say this year was a bit weird.. where i am in the UK, during the 30th fast.... just after midday some people were saying that they heard Eid was declared on that day i.e. on the 30th fast, some were even saying they should break their fast as its haraam to fast on Eid Day and even gave the impression that they were going to do it (i was imagining them with a date in one hand positioned near their mouth while their smart phone in the other). Some individuals i think caused panic in some whatsapp groups... thankfully the group admins were able to intervene in time to stop people breaking their fasts!
This argument of when eid will be happens year in year out. I thought this year was unique in that the majority of the UK did eid on Sunday. Some places Up North did eid on Monday though

Anyway, this is off topic - let’s not derail the thread. Might get banned by the moderators..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.