/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Authenticity of Wazifas

amnasheikh99
06-01-2020, 06:22 AM
Salam
On Youtube, there are multiple videos of wazifas for hajat. I wanted to know whether these wazifas are authentic? Where did the concept come from?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
06-03-2020, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amnasheikh99
Salam
On Youtube, there are multiple videos of wazifas for hajat. I wanted to know whether these wazifas are authentic? Where did the concept come from?
Asalaamualaykum : Some scholars regard it baseless on the deeming the hadith regarding the salaah as weak and others regard it strong enough to act upon.

muslimah__
06-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Better to be on the safe side and stick to Duas that are prescribed in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

Supernova
06-03-2020, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Better to be on the safe side and stick to Duas that are prescribed in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.
Asalaamualaykum- The point I was trying to make is both opinions are derived from Quran and Sunnah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah__
06-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Walaikumasalam

Khair In Sha Allah. I’m not aware of what scholars have said or if there is a consensus on this. So I will refrain on commenting.

muslimah__
06-03-2020, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum : Some scholars regard it baseless on the deeming the hadith regarding the salaah as weak and others regard it strong enough to act upon.
Are you talking about Salatul Hajat?

I believed the poster is asking about wazifas as in performing a specific surah or Allahs name x number of times in order to fulfil a need.

Supernova
06-03-2020, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Walaikumasalam

Khair In Sha Allah. I’m not aware of what scholars have said or if there is a consensus on this. So I will refrain on commenting.
Asalaamulaykum - Actually please do comment. That is how we learn on Islamicboard. No one is here to shut anyone out, this is not a draconian society we have on this forum.

By all means, say what you want. We all learn from one another, we are all students in faith and worship.

amnasheikh99
06-04-2020, 06:55 AM
Iam asking about wazifa and salat al hajat as well.. There is a video on YouTube where the scholar said it is not permissible to offer salat al hajat.
Secondlt, these types of wazifas are rampant in Pakistan and india. Here is a link of the video

Ppl have commented positively that there dua was heard. Iam just confused that howcome these type of wazifas are not popular in other Muslim societies. Why just south asia.

amnasheikh99
06-04-2020, 07:41 AM
yes this is the type of wazifa iam asking about. There is a video on youtube, the moderators are not allowing me to post here. It comprises a specific namaz to be performed at a specific time, in which we have to recite various duas/zihkr 100 times or more, and then make dua,
like where did the idea come from.? Isn't it a sort of black magic, cuz magic works that way,

Caplets
06-04-2020, 12:36 PM
:wasalam:

If the namaaz you ask about is known as 'Salaatul Tasbeeh' then you may refer to the following:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/145112/salat-al-tasbeeh

Regarding wazifa's, du'aa's refer to the answer below.

Specifying a number of times to recite dhikr or du’aa’ that is not narrated in sharee’ah - Islam Question & Answer

Question

What are the basis of using such du'a as Ya lADIFU 29 TIMES Ya Qahharu 306 times, Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel 450 times e.t.c,how right or how wrong is it to use them because i didn't find any verse of the Qur'an or Hadith that supports their use.

------

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no sound (saheeh) basis for reciting these adhkaar the number of times mentioned in the question. These numbers are usually stated by some of the innovators, most of whom are Sufis, who describe adhkaar and the number of times they are to be repeated, making that up themselves; they say whoever recites such and such will get such and such benefits and protection, and whoever recites such and such a wird will get such and such a reward.

Of course, these are matters which can only be known through wahy (revelation). So the basic principle in this case is that dhikr and du’aa’s are of two types:

1 – Adhkaar which were narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, to be recited at a certain time, in a certain place or in certain circumstances. This type should be recited as prescribed, at the appropriate time, or in the appropriate circumstances or place, with the correct words or posture, without adding anything or taking anything away.

2 – All dhikr or du’aa’ in general that is not connected to certain times or places. These fall into two categories:

(i) Those which were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so they should be recited in the wording that he used. They should not be connected to any particular time or place, and they should not be connected to a specific number of times to be recited.

(ii) Those which were not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather the person makes them up himself, or they were narrated from the salaf. It is permissible to say such words so long as five conditions are met:

1- He should choose the best and clearest words, for he is conversing with his Lord and God.

2- The words should be of an appropriate style.

3- The du’aa’ should be free of anything that is forbidden in Islam, e.g. it should not involve any element of seeking help from anything other than Allaah, and so on.

4-
It should be of the general kind of dhikr and du’aa’, not connected to a particular time, place or circumstances.

5- It should not be taken as a regular practice.

Adapted from Tasheeh al-Du’aa’ by Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd (p. 42)

Based on the above, the words mentioned in the question are phrases that are narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, but saying that they must be repeated this number of times is an innovated matter which should not be followed. Rather we should mention them during our du’aa’s and address Allaah by all His beautiful names, without singling out some names or stating that they should be recited a certain number of times or at certain times, making that up ourselves. We should adhere to what was narrated in sharee’ah concerning certain times, places or situations connected to a particular du’aa’; if no such details were narrated in sharee’ah then we should not make them up ourselves because that is encroaching upon the rights of Prophethood.

And Allaah knows best.

------------

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2245...ed-in-shareeah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.