/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Procedure of talaq

Hoorain
06-02-2020, 04:31 PM
As salamu alaykum to all muslims.. I am new muslim and I have knowledge about nikkah but i have no knowledge about talaq... what is the procedure of talaq if someone wants after nikkah ???? :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
06-03-2020, 06:12 AM
Sister its a pretty big issue. And talq is something not to be taking lightly unless in present of abuse. A man can give Talaq and a wife has to be take a khula meaning it has to be approved or etc through judge. Allah knows best. But stay away from divorce unless necessary or abuse. Anyone who gives divorce for no reason or stupid reason will be judged not lightly by Allah

Supernova
06-03-2020, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Sister its a pretty big issue. And talq is something not to be taking lightly unless in present of abuse. A man can give Talaq and a wife has to be take a khula meaning it has to be approved or etc through judge. Allah knows best. But stay away from divorce unless necessary or abuse. Anyone who gives divorce for no reason or stupid reason will be judged not lightly by Allah
Asalaamualykum:

The Sister never say she is going to get divorced, she is asking the question from a knowledge point.

Studentofdeed
06-03-2020, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualykum:

The Sister never say she is going to get divorced, she is asking the question from a knowledge point.
Of course I know but I want to inform her and implant the idea that its not a light issue. Many people think its a light issue and throw divroce like a used napkin. Its heavy issue with heavy consequences. Which is why I'm highlighting it and emphasizing it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
06-03-2020, 12:10 PM
Yes but what she asked was out of a lack of knowledge, you introducing a non-issue. Had she indicated of a possibility or probability then fine. Anyway she never even indicate that it is a light issue so there is no need.

What you done there was spoke down to her for simply just asking a question. Do you think those type of answers will even encourage someone to ask a question again?

Supernova
06-03-2020, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hoorain
As salamu alaykum to all muslims.. I am new muslim and I have knowledge about nikkah but i have no knowledge about talaq... what is the procedure of talaq if someone wants after nikkah ???? :statisfie
Asalaamaualaykum : Its a good question.

Islam doesn't have a rigid procedure to the process of Talaq but the Quran & Hadith do indicate a general guideline to how it is best to do it in the event.

The general guideline to the process is to avoid giving the Talaq to the point that it is irrevocable in haste. Rather it is encouraged to give the Talaq in stages. The wisdom here is that with each stage of each Talaq, the couple will have time to reflect and ponder within themselves as to whether its best for them. This does not mean that an immediate irrevocable Talaq is invalid, but what it does mean that it is discouraged.

This topic of Talaq is a red flag topic in Islam whereby many people don't know the difference between Validity against what is encouraged/discouraged.

It will be merely impossible for any one person to explain the entire issue to you in one single post as it has many different valid opinions. It will be memorising if anyone could take into account all opinions in the topic and roll it out in one post on this website - So you would have to probably read all the posts concerning this topic and inshAllah speak to an Aaalim/Aalima for even more clarification.

One of the reasons that it is a long elasticated topic is because the difference of opinions lay both in the
A) Validity / Invalidity of the Talaq.
B) What is encouraged /discouraged in method and procedure.

It is a very interesting Topic to research from an academical point.

Happy reading and learning.

Signed: Zoro

Studentofdeed
06-03-2020, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Yes but what she asked was out of a lack of knowledge, you introducing a non-issue. Had she indicated of a possibility or probability then fine. Anyway she never even indicate that it is a light issue so there is no need.

What you done there was spoke down to her for simply just asking a question. Do you think those type of answers will even encourage someone to ask a question again?
I apologize sister. It was not my intention to speak down on anyone or you. Divorce is a heavy issue which why I may have spoken harshly. Normally it is thrown around. People do not understand. But people need to understand that its a big issue which means highlighting the problems. Of course there is nothing wrong with asking about it but I am got worried in case it should be done in the wrong way. Anyways I apologize. I have seen too many lives destroyed because of it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.