/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Marriage

wayfarer91
06-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Is it permissible in Islam to pray to get married to a particular individual? We haven't talked to each other in ages, but i still want to be their spouse.
and does any one have any dua for marriage? please share>
regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
06-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Assalamualaikum
Sure you can pray make dua but don't be specific and sure that it will get fulfilled and you'll get married to that particular individual, always mention 'if he is good for me'. Allah knows while you don't what is best for you.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2192...particular-man

@Moinuddin Brother, correction: istikhara cannot be prayed on behalf of others.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1346...alf-of-another
https://youtu.be/_0X6FIqtuEE

Supernova
06-07-2020, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
Is it permissible in Islam to pray to get married to a particular individual? We haven't talked to each other in ages, but i still want to be their spouse.
regards
Asalaamualaykum,

Yes by all means you can make dua to marry a particular person - however, It would be best to make dua that Allah SWT grants you spouse that He (Allah SWT) knows that will most befitting to you.

The reason I underlined that part, is because whereby it is totally permissible to request a certain spouse, Allah SWT knows what is best for us and in many cases it might not be the person we want. If we don't solidify the concept that we have limited intelligence and wisdom (as compared to Allah SWT unlimited), sometimes people end off with depression in asking Allah SWT what a particular spouse wasn't granted ETC, it leads to depression and even risking ones God concept.

Understandably, in our limited perception we would think someone is the "right" one for us, but caution needs to be practised that we don't end off surpassing Allahs will and wisdom effectively.

Duas can be made, but there is fine balance in understanding how Allah SWT grants a dua.

wayfarer91
06-07-2020, 12:18 PM
but isn't it said that dua can change taqdeer, so basically Allah does grant all duas, if we are persistent enough??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
06-07-2020, 12:21 PM
but isn't it said that dua can change taqdeer, so basically Allah does grant all duas, if we are persistent enough??
I'm not sure as to who you replied to ?

Al-Ansariyah
06-07-2020, 12:32 PM
Yes of course, Allah fulfills all duas but in the best of ways. If that person is truly good for you, then surely you'll get him. What will you do if he causes trouble afterwards. So if you don't get him as a spouse, don't be upset, you'll get a person better than him.

amnasheikh99
06-07-2020, 01:54 PM
@Supernova i think they replied to ur comment.

wayfarer91
06-07-2020, 02:40 PM
@medico but then it means Allah doesn't accept all prayers. Sorry for my nagging. Iam just trying to clear my mind about something

Al-Ansariyah
06-07-2020, 02:57 PM
@medico but then it means Allah doesn't accept all prayers. Sorry for my nagging. Iam just trying to clear my mind about something
Look, Allah is ever listening,ever knowing. Our duas never go waste. There are 2 types of duas: 1) for spiritual necessity(imaan related matters) 2) for worldy things
As for the first category, it immediately gets fulfilled, but in 2nd category we shouldn't be much specific, indeed we weren't created for this world. We should hope that Allah will always give the best.
If we make dua for some particular thing and it gets fulfilled,it means it was good for us BUT in case,it doesn't get fulfilled, it indicates that it wasn't the best. And you get a much better thing than that, that's for sure. And we get its reward in the hereafter as well. You know, On judgement day,when we would be given the reward for the unfulfilled duas, we would wish that our all the duas were never fulfilled.

muslimah__
06-07-2020, 03:35 PM
Salaams

you can read the verse 74 of SURAH Furqaan:

Our Lord! Grant unto us spouses and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous.

(Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhurriyatina qurrata a`yunin wa’j`alna li’l muttaqina imama)” [Qur’an, 25:74]
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَاماً
https://www.assimalhakeem.net/2014/0...-for-marriage/

IslamLife00
06-07-2020, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moinudin
I can also do it on your behalf if you give me your and your mother's names.
Istikhara does not need mother's name.

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara
(Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Qur'an.
He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two rak`at prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): --
'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika Al-`azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-lamra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati `Amri (or 'ajili `Amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati `Amri (or fi'ajili `Amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.'
The Prophet (ﷺ) added that then the person should mention his need. (Sahih al Bukhari 1166)

format_quote Originally Posted by moinudin
That is for the commonly known about istikhara salah. I also perform istikhara through a dua that my murshid provided that has different rules.
You mean like mentioned here ? https://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/his-...-is-this-sihr/

I've come across a muslimah sister, she is an older woman, approx. 85 years old. She has a cousin, whos daughter is getting to know a man, and her mother was concerned if this relationship would work.
She came in contact with the 85 year old woman, who is a daughter of a sheikh. To ask her opinion.
The old woman asked "What is his name, and his mothers name?" She told her, and then the mother mentioned something about her checking on a masbaha beads.
The younger girl explained that this old woman can see if the relationship can work out based on the male and females name + their mothers name, then check if their signs match (Water- fire, air, earth)

Be careful, one of the signs of a magician is asking mother's name.

Signs Of A Magician: Asking For Mothers Name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfEOuHnTzc

Identifying a magician :
https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...ying-magicians

Salat-ul-Istikhara is performed as the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam described.

The Prince
06-07-2020, 07:17 PM
regards
Can I just ask, if you havent spoken to him for ages how do you know if he is single? Or he wants to marry you?

Studentofdeed
06-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Best to trust Allah. I wanted to marry a sister but turns out her family had a race superiority issue. Alhamdullah it did not turn out. If Allah does not let it happen, know it is because Allah is saving you from a fault in them

wayfarer91
06-08-2020, 05:52 AM
@The Prince that's the thing. can we pray against all odds?

Studentofdeed
06-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Sister...if it does not happen, Maybe Allah is protecting you from something. If you still ignore it and still go on, it shows you are not thinking this logically but emotionally. Make istikhara and if it is good, Allah will give it to you. Do not think of this emotionally. As that is how many people end up marrging the erong person.

The Prince
06-08-2020, 03:29 PM
@The Prince that's the thing. can we pray against all odds?
Yes, you can pray.
I prayed a lot too to marry someone special. So did she but after a long chain of events, things didnt go well for us.

InshaAllah you'll marry the guy you want but if you don't, trust Allah and wait. Be patient.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.