/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i Stop praying?

wayfarer91
06-11-2020, 04:33 PM
I read that not all duas are answered, sometimes God is trying to keep bad away from you. then when should one stop making dua?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Avis
06-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Your thread title gives the impression that you are considering to stop performing Salah, not stopping dua. Either way, you shouldn't stop either one. Scholars say giving up on Salah takes you out of the fold of Islam and the only thing worth holding on to in this world is Islam. When it comes to making dua, you will either get what you ask for but at a better time than when you think you need it, not get it in this world and get something better in its place in the next life or you will not get what you are asking for maybe because what you are asking for is not really good for you. You may think you need it, but Allah is All Knowing and may prevent you from having it because it is best for you to not have it.

Don't give up dua because it is one of the greatest weapons a believer has. There are conditions that you should fulfill to give yourself a better chance at getting your dua answered: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5113...swer-our-duaas

wayfarer91
06-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Yesss i realissd the title is misleading after sending the post. But my question still remains. Like. When should we stop invoking dua for something.

'Abdullah
06-11-2020, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
I read that not all duas are answered, sometimes God is trying to keep bad away from you. then when should one stop making dua?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Avis
06-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Yesss i realissd the title is misleading after sending the post. But my question still remains. Like. When should we stop invoking dua for something.
Please, if you haven't, read everything in the link I posted in my first response to you. As long as you are asking for halal, I don't think you have any reason to stop making dua for it.

IslamLife00
06-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Ukhti, it depends on what you are supplicating for. If it is not for sin, nor severing blood ties, then keep supplicating, you just need to be patient.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:The supplication of the servant is granted in case he does not supplicate for sin or for severing the ties of blood, or he does not become impatient. It was said: Allah's Messenger, what does:" If he does not grow impatient" imply? He said: That he should say like this: I supplicated and I supplicated but I did not find it being responded. and then he becomes frustrated and abandons supplication. (Sahih Muslim)

There are times supplications are granted. One that I have personally found always works, is upon breaking fast.

It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin ‘As that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “When the fasting person breaks his fast, his supplication is not turned back.” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: There are three whose supplications are not turned back: A just ruler, and a fasting person until he breaks his fast. And, the supplication of one who has been wronged is raised by Allah up to the clouds on the Day of Resurrection, and the gates of heaven are opened for it, and Allah says, ‘By My Might I will help you (against the wrongdoer) even if it is after a while.’”(Sunan Ibn Majah)

wayfarer91
06-12-2020, 05:07 AM
I did, but i guess you are not understanding my point.
For instance, im asking for something from God, i keep asking, its been two months, and still not answered,
Should i move on to another supplication?

Al-Ansariyah
06-12-2020, 06:53 AM
Just two months? I mean, if Allah is testing your patience then it's still early. My whole family is making dua for some thing for like 10-15 years and it's not answered yet and all the conditions of making dua are being fulfilled But we don't lose hope. We just keep on going. We accept it as a qadr of Allah. Dua is answered as long as the person doesn't become hasty otherwise all duas are answered in the best of ways. It's just a matter of trust and patience. Check that someone isn't hurt by your dua. If it isn't, then keep going.

wayfarer91
06-12-2020, 07:42 AM
Thnku so much

wayfarer91
06-12-2020, 06:02 PM
How do u not lose hope @medico
Like how after 15 yrs.

Avis
06-12-2020, 07:49 PM
Like how after 15 yrs.
Here is a good video about Dua:

The best way to not lose hope is to trust Allah. By losing hope you admit that you don't trust that Allah wants the best for you, which isn't true. Allah wants what is best for His slaves. Sometimes what is best is you not receiving what you want.

One thing from the video that is mentioned is that doing good deeds wipes out bad deeds and making Dua is considered a good deed. So perhaps Allah is withholding what you want because He wants you to continue making Dua in order to build up your good deeds and erase more of your sins?

Al-Ansariyah
06-13-2020, 12:06 AM
Like how after 15 yrs.
Honestly, it's all by Allah. Everytime we became hopeless,Allah gave hope. I guess, saying 15 years wouldn't be enough, it's beyond that. My parents have struggled a lot. Only Allah knows the hardships they went through. Since our childhood, our parents taught us to pray for that thing. I remember myself even crying for that few times. Tbh, it's very close to being fulfilled. Allah knows best. Like i said, all it takes is trust and patience. I am sure we will get that thing or it will be replaced by something better or we'll get its reward in the hereafter. It's a win-win situation :)
It's necessary to make dua to fill our hearts with hope, love and fear. It's very important if one wants to act upon 'la ilaha il Allah'.

Avis
06-13-2020, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
I just wanted to say that I am a little slow and wanted to give you credit for the video you posted. I watched this video after clicking on the link you provided and forgot about the thread until I came back to this site some time later. Then I thought that I found the Video on my own when in reality I got it from your comment.
:jz: for providing it and may Allah bless you and reward you with Jannah Al Firdaus. It was a very beneficial video.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.