/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Reemmohamoud10
06-12-2020, 03:52 AM
Salam, I downloaded this app today called Akinator. It’s where a genie “predicts” who you’re thinking of. I didn’t think much of it because I thought it wasn’t something to be taken seriously. I just thought it was a fun little game. I occasionally got thoughts of it being haram but I just brushed it off as being just a game and not actually legit. I’m scared now because I asked my sister if it was haram and she said yes. Will my prayers be accepted or no? Please respond.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
moinudin
06-13-2020, 09:21 AM
و عليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

I don't know for sure, but at the least it seems doubtful. I would stop using it and repent to be safe.

Supernova
06-13-2020, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reemmohamoud10
Salam, I downloaded this app today called Akinator. It’s where a genie “predicts” who you’re thinking of. I didn’t think much of it because I thought it wasn’t something to be taken seriously. I just thought it was a fun little game. I occasionally got thoughts of it being haram but I just brushed it off as being just a game and not actually legit. I’m scared now because I asked my sister if it was haram and she said yes. Will my prayers be accepted or no? Please respond.
Asalaamualaykum:

1. Our beloved Rasool (SAW) has warned us not to partake into anything of soothsaying / fortune telling /Zodiac etc etc even if it is out curiosity or jest. (This also includes merely reading about it)

2. You Salaah will be accepted. It doesn't invalidate your Salaah as such.

3. Would be best if you seek repentance with immediate effect & refrain from it.

aimrane
01-15-2022, 05:07 PM
wa3alaykomo salam, im not sure if its haram or not, because it uses ai and coding stuff to go all around internet and look for someone akinator's trying to guess based on your answers of the given questions, just like google assistant, alexa, siri... they wander around the internet to look for your answer, im not sure though

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xZukø.-
08-23-2023, 12:38 PM
Salam Alaikum to me it would be considered haram although I don't know if it invalidates your prayer but the fact that it tells what you are thinking is very similar to fortune telling or "mind reading" which is haram. Another reason is that islam doesn't believe in genies as we have no knowledge in how jinns looks and don't associate anything with them. I hope this helped u a bit sorry for the 3 year late response tho.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!