/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 70,000 people admitted jannah without account ruqya

taha_
06-13-2020, 08:06 AM
assalam o alaikum wa rahamtullahi wa barakuthu

Many scholars says that doing ruqya on yourself does not take you away from among 70,000 people but when I read the bukhari hadiths from sunnah.com

The hadiths from sahih bukhari says they are those who do not practice ruqyah.

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا عِمْرَانُ بْنُ مَيْسَرَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ فُضَيْلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حُصَيْنٌ، عَنْ عَامِرٍ، عَنْ عِمْرَانَ بْنِ حُصَيْنٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ لاَ رُقْيَةَ إِلاَّ مِنْ عَيْنٍ أَوْ حُمَةٍ‏.‏ فَذَكَرْتُهُ لِسَعِيدِ بْنِ جُبَيْرٍ فَقَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏ عُرِضَتْ عَلَىَّ الأُمَمُ، فَجَعَلَ النَّبِيُّ وَالنَّبِيَّانِ يَمُرُّونَ مَعَهُمُ الرَّهْطُ، وَالنَّبِيُّ لَيْسَ مَعَهُ أَحَدٌ، حَتَّى رُفِعَ لِي سَوَادٌ عَظِيمٌ، قُلْتُ مَا هَذَا أُمَّتِي هَذِهِ قِيلَ هَذَا مُوسَى وَقَوْمُهُ‏.‏ قِيلَ انْظُرْ إِلَى الأُفُقِ‏.‏ فَإِذَا سَوَادٌ يَمْلأُ الأُفُقَ، ثُمَّ قِيلَ لِي انْظُرْ هَا هُنَا وَهَا هُنَا فِي آفَاقِ السَّمَاءِ فَإِذَا سَوَادٌ قَدْ مَلأَ الأُفُقَ قِيلَ هَذِهِ أُمَّتُكَ وَيَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ مِنْ هَؤُلاَءِ سَبْعُونَ أَلْفًا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ، ثُمَّ دَخَلَ وَلَمْ يُبَيِّنْ لَهُمْ فَأَفَاضَ الْقَوْمُ وَقَالُوا نَحْنُ الَّذِينَ آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ، وَاتَّبَعْنَا رَسُولَهُ، فَنَحْنُ هُمْ أَوْ أَوْلاَدُنَا الَّذِينَ وُلِدُوا فِي الإِسْلاَمِ فَإِنَّا وُلِدْنَا فِي الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ‏.‏ فَبَلَغَ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَخَرَجَ فَقَالَ هُمُ الَّذِينَ لاَ يَسْتَرْقُونَ، وَلاَ يَتَطَيَّرُونَ، وَلاَ يَكْتَوُونَ وَعَلَى رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَالَ عُكَّاشَةُ بْنُ مِحْصَنٍ أَمِنْهُمْ أَنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ نَعَمْ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَامَ آخَرُ فَقَالَ أَمِنْهُمْ أَنَا قَالَ ‏"‏ سَبَقَكَ عُكَّاشَةُ ‏"‏‏.‏"

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, 'Nations were displayed before me; one or two prophets would pass by along with a few followers. A prophet would pass by accompanied by nobody. Then a big crowd of people passed in front of me and I asked, Who are they Are they my followers?" It was said, 'No. It is Moses and his followers It was said to me, 'Look at the horizon.'' Behold! There was a multitude of people filling the horizon. Then it was said to me, 'Look there and there about the stretching sky! Behold! There was a multitude filling the horizon,' It was said to me, 'This is your nation out of whom seventy thousand shall enter Paradise without reckoning.' "Then the Prophet (ﷺ) entered his house without telling his companions who they (the 70,000) were. So the people started talking about the issue and said, "It is we who have believed in Allah and followed His Apostle; therefore those people are either ourselves or our children who are born m the Islamic era, for we were born in the Pre-lslamic Period of Ignorance.'' When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard of that, he came out and said. "Those people are those who do not treat themselves with Ruqya, nor do they believe in bad or good omen (from birds etc.) nor do they get themselves branded (Cauterized). but they put their trust (only) in their Lord " On that 'Ukasha bin Muhsin said. "Am I one of them, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?' The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Yes." Then another person got up and said, "Am I one of them?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'Ukasha has anticipated you."

Sahih al-Bukhari 5705
In-book : Book 76, Hadith 25
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 7, Book 71, Hadith 606 (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

But there is a hadith from tirmdihi.

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو حَصِينٍ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ يُونُسَ، كُوفِيٌّ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْثَرُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، حَدَّثَنَا حُصَيْنٌ، هُوَ ابْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ جُبَيْرٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، قَالَ لَمَّا أُسْرِيَ بِالنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم جَعَلَ يَمُرُّ بِالنَّبِيِّ وَالنَّبِيَّيْنِ وَمَعَهُمُ الْقَوْمُ وَالنَّبِيِّ وَالنَّبِيَّيْنِ وَمَعَهُمُ الرَّهْطُ وَالنَّبِيِّ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَلَيْسَ مَعَهُمْ أَحَدٌ حَتَّى مَرَّ بِسَوَادٍ عَظِيمٍ فَقُلْتُ مَنْ هَذَا قِيلَ مُوسَى وَقَوْمُهُ وَلَكِنِ ارْفَعْ رَأْسَكَ فَانْظُرْ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَإِذَا سَوَادٌ عَظِيمٌ قَدْ سَدَّ الأُفُقَ مِنْ ذَا الْجَانِبِ وَمِنْ ذَا الْجَانِبِ فَقِيلَ هَؤُلاَءِ أُمَّتُكَ وَسِوَى هَؤُلاَءِ مِنْ أُمَّتِكَ سَبْعُونَ أَلْفًا يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ ‏.‏ فَدَخَلَ وَلَمْ يَسْأَلُوهُ وَلَمْ يُفَسِّرْ لَهُمْ فَقَالُوا نَحْنُ هُمْ ‏.‏ وَقَالَ قَائِلُونَ هُمْ أَبْنَاؤُنَا الَّذِينَ وُلِدُوا عَلَى الْفِطْرَةِ وَالإِسْلاَمِ ‏.‏ فَخَرَجَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏‏ هُمُ الَّذِينَ لاَ يَكْتَوُونَ وَلاَ يَسْتَرْقُونَ وَلاَ يَتَطَيَّرُونَ وَعَلَى رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَامَ عُكَّاشَةُ بْنُ مِحْصَنٍ فَقَالَ أَنَا مِنْهُمْ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ نَعَمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ قَامَ آخَرُ فَقَالَ أَنَا مِنْهُمْ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ سَبَقَكَ بِهَا عُكَّاشَةُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ ‏.‏ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنِ ابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ وَأَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ‏.‏"

Ibn 'Abbas narrated :

"When the Prophet (ﷺ) was taken for the Night Journey, he passed by a Prophet, and, some Prophets and with them were some people, and a Prophet, and some Prophets and with them was a group of people, and a Prophet, and some Prophets and with them there was no one. Until he passed by a large multitude. (The Prophet (ﷺ)said: ) I said: 'Who is this?' It was said: 'Musa and his people. But raise your head and look.' There was a large multitude that covered the horizon, from one side to the other. It was said: 'These people are your Ummah, and there are seventy thousand besides these from your Ummah that shall enter Paradise without a reckoning.' So he went inside, and they did not question him, and he gave no explanation to them. (Some of them) said: 'We are them.' Others said: 'They are the children who were born upon the Fitrah and Islam.' So the Prophet (ﷺ) came out and said: 'They are those who do not get themselves cauterized, nor seek Ruqyah, nor read omens, and upon their Lord they rely.' So 'Ukashah bin Mihsan stood and said: 'Am I among them O Messenger of Allah?' He said: 'Yes.' Then another one stood up and said: 'Am I among them?' So he said "Ukashah has preceded you to it.'"

Sahih (Darussalam)

English : Vol. 4, Book 11, Hadith 2446
Arabic : Book 37, Hadith 2634
Jamiat Tirmidhi

Since I still don't understand Arabic well. And I read translation only. Are these translation of sahih bukhari hadiths wrong?

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
06-15-2020, 12:59 AM
Assalam o alaikum wa rahamutullahi wa baraukthu

No answer?

Al-Ansariyah
06-15-2020, 09:44 AM
Walekumassalam warahmatullahi wabarkatuh
Read all of these carefully. If you still have questions,do ask.. If i know , I'll answer. InshaAllah
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1390...ght-to-account
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8197...ain-the-reward
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2438...ical-treatment

According to islam stack exchange:

"The hadith does not say, as per your understanding of it, that a Muslim who does have ruqyāh practiced on them, which is yurqawn (Arabic: يرقون), will not be among the 70,000 people entering paradise without rendering account; rather, it says those who do not request from others to perform ruqyāh on them, which is yastarqūn (Arabic: يسترقون).

If your parents or others perform ruqyāh on you, whether you are a child or an adult, is permitted if it is an action that they initiated, and does not rule you out (or in, for that matter) of the 70,000 favored as per the hadith. You may also perform ruqyāh on yourself as the Prophet ﷺ used to do so.

On the interpretation of the word yastarqūn (Arabic: يسترقون) in this hadith, Abu Bakr ibn al-'Arabi, a hghly-esteemed Māliki scholar, said in his book Al-Masālik Fi Sharḥ Muwaṭṭa' Mālik 8/452 (Arabic only) that the word yastarqūn refers to:

those who use charms to seek cure

those who do not practice ruqyāh themselves but ask others to perform it on them as a desperate measure, or

those who do not practice ruqyāh without or prior to ailment or illness.

As to whether you in specific will be among those favored 70,000 on Judgment Day is a matter that can only known through revelation, so only Allah ﷻ knows. As per the hadith above, we know that the companion 'Ukkasha ibn Mihṣan is one of them, but no other name was mentioned."

Desert
06-21-2020, 11:56 AM
The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Used to recite surah falaq and surah Nas over himself at night...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taha_
06-22-2020, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Used to recite surah falaq and surah Nas over himself at night...
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Yeah. JazakAllah khair for reminding me about that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.