/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mustache

A'aziz_mohamed
06-14-2020, 08:20 AM
Do I have all cut my mustache short or should I just clip them beyond the lip (for cleanliness)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
06-14-2020, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'aziz_mohamed
Do I have all cut my mustache short or should I just clip them beyond the lip (for cleanliness)
Asalaamualaykum:

If you are asking as to the permissibility of keeping it thick and yet it does not cover the lip, then yes that is permissible. Plenty of Ulema actually follow that understanding.

On the other hand, there is leading on opinion on this matter. The second opinion is that it is permissible however, the moustache should be so thin and finely trimmed, that the skin under the moustache (Area under the nostril and above the upper lip) should be visible to the naked eye. This is why other Ulema trim their moustache really really fine.

Hope this helped.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.