/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Youtube

A'aziz_mohamed
06-18-2020, 03:48 AM
Is it halal to watch anything on yotube whether copyrighted or not (except ofcourse, the obvious half naked women)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
moinudin
06-20-2020, 08:31 AM
There are many more restrictions than nude women. The Islamic definition of nudity is stricter than "Western society", so if you truly fear Allah’s punishment (which you should) you'd be very cautious. I'd guess the majority of YouTube videos contain some element of haraam. Other things that come to mind include music and bad language. Then there's the matter of listening to kuffars: while you don't have to abstain, you should be careful of being misguided.

m4rouf
06-20-2020, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'aziz_mohamed
Is it halal to watch anything on yotube whether copyrighted or not (except ofcourse, the obvious half naked women)
In Ramadan I unsubscribed from all the junk channels I was subscribed to (about 30 channels - I watch a lot of YouTube) and instead subscribed only to Islamic channels. The only thing I regret is not doing this sooner.

Channels like Mufti Menk, Smile2Jannah, Ali Dawah, MercifulServant, I Love U Allah, WayifLifeSQ, among a few others are really good. These channels don’t really have any haram content - no music, no nudity, etc. They give you Islamic knowledge, inspiration and entertainment.

I deleted all my music too and now only listen to vocal-only Nasheeds and Quran recitations which you’ll find lots of on YouTube.

Just one thing to be careful about - if any women do appear on the screen I think it’s good to still lower your gaze in the same way that you would in the real world.

So yeah, YouTube doesn’t have to be haram. Quite the opposite actually :).

keiv
06-20-2020, 05:48 PM
There are lots of beneficial videos on youtube other than religious content. Plenty of "how to" videos and educational videos on many different topics. The more junk channels you subscribe to, the more junk videos are going to be suggested to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.