Supernova
06-21-2020, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
As salamu alaikum

If I compulsively say words of shirk and kufr
Because of OCD and extreme waswaas
Will I become a kafir?...
Asalaamualaykum

No you wont. It is beyond you measure of sanity at that point, you have no control over it which is exactly why its called OCD

Desert
06-21-2020, 08:03 PM
Jazakh Allah Khair

Alhamdulillah

I hope I'm forgiven by Allaah under pressures of OCD...

Desert
06-21-2020, 08:42 PM
I also was diagnosed with schizophrenia
At age 13 which makes me feel psychotic...
And also OCD

I went to the local halal meat market that day and I asked him a question and he told me I was accountable for what I say and I need to re say shahadah...

I just fear the the wrath of God to fall upon me if I ever say any of the kufr shirk words that I'm used to saying and doing...

Okay I'll write down here what my mentally ill schizophrenic mind forces me to do

Sorry for the double posts...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
06-21-2020, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
As salamu alaikum

If I compulsively say words of shirk and kufr
Because of OCD and extreme waswaas
Will I become a kafir?...
Assalaamu Alaikum. Please refer to the following thread dedicated to Waswas/OCD with plenty of help, tips and resources on this issue:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

I hope it helps you and many others suffering from this issue InshaAllah.

Avis
06-22-2020, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalaamu Alaikum. Please refer to the following thread dedicated to Waswas/OCD with plenty of help, tips and resources on this issue:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

I hope it helps you and many others suffering from this issue InshaAllah.
I didn't want to bump that old thread so I will ask you here. Do you have any YouTube recommendations that teach Fiqh in English?

Desert
06-22-2020, 12:44 AM
I don't think I need to my amnisia to bother me here's my correct answer to my problem

https://seekersguidance.org/answers/...claims-muslim/

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1325...ll-accountable

Alhamdulillah

I do have schizophrenia and I will take my revenge on the day of judgement people who were calling me intentionally doing it...

Islami.Mu'mina
06-30-2020, 09:32 PM
It is a struggle. I think i suffer from pure OCD. I go very crazy sometimes and it can be very hard to deal with. Over time, I have learned good lessons and how to resists. I am looking into ruqyah by Abdullah Saeed because he talked about his experience with waswas and that you can be psychologically conditioned by jinn (which cause phobias, OCD, etc). Unfortunately my faith keeps jumping super high and low because of OCD and I go through depression sometimes.

I want to do this self ruqyah and see what happens. I will keep updated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.