/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Opposite effect of dua

wayfarer91
06-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Can dua have an opposite effect? Because lately ive noticed everytime i ask for Something the opposite happens.. I dont know what to do.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desert
06-21-2020, 11:47 AM
Salam

It's a test for you trial...
Be patient
Seek forgiveness of the Lord

And accept the divine decree....

Supernova
06-21-2020, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
Can dua have an opposite effect? Because lately ive noticed everytime i ask for Something the opposite happens.. I dont know what to do.....
The effect of a dua is entirely left to Allah[SWT]. It is not in our limited understanding (of intellect or justice). Allah [SWT] will deal with a dua according to how he sees fit.

We forget our position to who we are in front of our creator. When we make dua, we are pleading and supplicating. When we make dua its not like God is hijacked to meet our needs according to how we see fit.

Iceee
06-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Can dua have an opposite effect?
Salaam Sister,

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “There is no Muslim who calls upon Allah with words in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allah will give him one of three things: either He will answer his prayer soon, or He will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or He will remove something bad from him that is equivalent to what he is asking for.” They said, “Then we should make a great amount of dua’a’.”
[Al-Tirmidhi, 3573; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and others]

Many people think that all they have to do is to declare their repentance to their Lord, then they will immediately have it easy and be relieved of trouble, and wealth will come to them, and they will live a life of luxury! But none of that is necessarily the case. Rather there is a test and trial of this person’s repentance: is it sincere or not? Is it for the sake of Allaah or not? All of that means he will face a new test. Indeed the purpose and wisdom behind this life is that it is a test and trial.

Undoubtedly if a person feels that Allaah has responded to him via dua'a, this is a great blessing which deserves that he should give thanks and praise, and continue doing righteous deeds and fearing Allaah, for these are among the greatest means of Allaah answering du’aa’. It is a blessing, if it is true, and a person may feel envious of the one who is blessed in this manner. Every Muslim wishes that his du’aa’ will be answered. This – in sha Allaah – is an indication that a person is righteous, truthful and sincere. So he must continue to fear Allaah, do righteous deeds and avoid haraam things; this will make the blessing continue.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allaah), I will give you more (of My Blessings)”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wayfarer91
06-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Accepting faith or fate?

IslamLife00
06-21-2020, 08:19 PM
Ukhti, next time add this dua in every salat or anytime you make dua :

Qatada asked Anas which Supplication Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) frequently made. He said:

The supplication that he (the Prophet made very frequently is this:" O Allah, grant us the good in this world and the good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of Hell-Fire."
He (Qatada) said that whenever Anas had to supplicate he made this very supplication, and whenever he (intended) to make another supplication he (inserted) this very supplication in that. (Sahih Muslim)

That way if Allah grants your dua, it will be something that is not only good for your dunya but also your akhira.
Allah knows what is best for you. If your dua is not granted, maybe because it's not good for you. And if it is good for you, He also knows when is the best time and how is the best way to grant you.
Allah is All Knowing, Most Knowing.

Offer more salat, make more dua, more dhikr, more istighfar, more fasting, more good deeds - anything that will bring you closer to Allah, the only One who can grant you your dua.

But among them is he who says, "Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire." (Al Baqarah 201)

Their meat will not reach Allah, nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good. (Al Haj 37)

wayfarer91
06-22-2020, 05:26 AM
but that doesn't answer my question. Is it possible that a dua might have an opposite impact?

IslamLife00
06-22-2020, 09:29 AM
Again, it is entirely up to Allah, how He answers your dua and when.
Of course it's possible, that if you ask for something, you are not granted it or you are granted something else that you do not ask for.
That's why I suggested that you make dua in Al Baqarah 201, that way if Allah grants you anything (either you make dua for it, or you don't make dua for it) that it will be good for your dunya and akhira.
It happens to me as well. I made dua for an opportunity about 3 years ago and Allah gave me something else.
I was confused, but I decided to go with whatever He has blessed me with because I didn't see any other option.
I found out about 2 years later, had Allah granted me the opportunity I asked for, I would have suffered catastrophic loss.

Ukhti, I will add this before I leave your thread.
There is a saying : Be careful what you wish for, you may actually get it.
Meaning : if you don't get what you wish for, it may actually be a good thing.
It's Allah who knows what is best for us, we don't.
The dua in Al Baqarah 201 is the most frequent Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam made.
Make this dua frequently, inshaAllah whatever Allah's answer to your dua, is good for your dunya and akhira.

wayfarer91
06-22-2020, 03:22 PM
Then there is no use in making dua, bcuz HE is gonna give us what HE wants, and not what we are asking for in dua.,. anyway, thanku :)

Al-Ansariyah
06-22-2020, 03:29 PM
Then there is no use in making dua, bcuz HE is gonna give us what HE wants, and not what we are asking for in dua.,. anyway, thanku :)
Sister.. Allah SWT will get angry at you if you don't ask for anything from Him. You believe in quran ryt? There's a verse in it Call upon Me and I will respond to you (I don't remember the verse no.)... This has a very heavy meaning. I am sure there must be times when your duas got fulfilled. We shouldn't be so hopeless while making dua. Prophet SAW said that dua is fulfilled unless one doesn't hasty and doesn't say'i made this dua but it wasn't granted'... Before objecting on Allah's decision, we should check ourselves first. Are we being hasty?Are we being hopeless?

IslamLife00
06-22-2020, 08:06 PM
Dua is an act of worship. and we are created to worship Allah, regardless He gives us what we want or not.

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. (Adh-Dhariyat 56)

Getting what you want is not necessarily a good thing for you.

But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not. (Al Baqarah 216)

Ok, I've said enough, now I will leave this thread alone. May Allah grant you good and make you content with it.

lkoGirl
10-29-2021, 03:31 PM
Well dear sister iv been exactly in d same situation for years u know. Consulted so many forums to no avail they just either start preaching or say quite unkind things like 'u're ungrateful to Allah etc' w/o trying to even understand my dilemma and desperation, at best they suggestef 'sabr'. I did lots of research on my own then with great apprehension started reciting 'la taqnatu min rehmat e Allahi'(do not despair of Allah's mercy').wen nothing adverse happened aftr a long time then gathrng more courage started " Astaghfrallahul azeemul lazi la ilaha illa huwal hayyul qayyum wa taubo ilaihi" About a fortnight later ie Today itself things have taken a turn for the better!! May Allah grant you too His mercy soon dear.Try this. All d best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.