/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does age really matter in marriage?(need answer from brother's POV)

06-25-2020, 11:31 AM
Assalamu alyikum
There's a difference of 8years between me and the man I wish to marry. So if you were in this situation,would you have married a sister 8 years younger than you? What if the man has to wait for the sister's education to be completed,would he wait? I know that in prophet Saw's time , the difference of age wasn't an issue, but nowadays, the age is a very effective factor in marriage. Please,I need to know this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
06-25-2020, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 589
Assalamu alyikum
There's a difference of 8years between me and the man I wish to marry. So if you were in this situation,would you have married a sister 8 years younger than you? What if the man has to wait for the sister's education to be completed,would he wait? I know that in prophet Saw's time , the difference of age wasn't an issue, but nowadays, the age is a very effective factor in marriage. Please,I need to know this.
Asalaamualaykum:

Absolutely pointless question. I guarantee you that there are another 100 variables in your situation that probably fit between each letter of your entire question.

Only you would know these surrounding unmentioned variables and - what would someone else's perspective mean in your question of such vagueness.

You can write an entire novel here on IB and still only you would know exactly all the circumstances surrounding your decision. I can never understand questions of this nature especially taking into account the importance of Nikah and then asking complete strangers. I mean you not exactly asking whats someones favourite brand of peanuts here.

I kindly advice you to follow the sunnah and make a Mashwara/Shura with your family & and his if possible to make a decision. Even if a million men were to answer this, how would that that change your choice ? Even the million men are still not that one man that you want to marry.

Sincere duas to your future Nikah.

muslimah__
06-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Salaam
Each to their own I guess. Best to discuss this amongst yourselves. If you both feel comfortable and don’t have a problem with the age difference, then why not? No point worrying about what people will say. They’ll have something to say either way....

06-25-2020, 01:14 PM
Yes, I know people's opinions will not change my decision. But I just want to know whether a man would ever think that this girl is 8 years younger than me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
06-25-2020, 11:01 PM
Sister this little things. Don't worry. As the long as the man is good dont worry. Most important thing is to marry someoke is mature. I speak from my observation. Not all but many guys in 20s or etc are very imature and are in the "mess arousd" stage. It really also depends on the person. As long as the person is responsible and mature then it should not be problem. For example some sisters are immature despite being older and some are super mature despite being young. It depends on the person. I would say check if the person is mature, responsible, religious, and most important if they treat you well

Studentofdeed
06-25-2020, 11:04 PM
To help your ease your burden, if a sister was practicing, good of heart, and helpful, many muslim brothers would not care whatever the age was. Good people are hard to come by.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.