/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel its never enough?

Studentofdeed
06-26-2020, 07:49 PM
I feel sometimes our good deeds are never enough. It's scary to think that all we have done still doesn't amount much. Sometimes when we sin which seem minor can be detrimental. Even if we make duas for eveyone and forgive everyone. How can we be certain Allah is pleased with us? There is always this fear that I'm doing something wrong and Allah is not pleased with me.
Tips and advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
06-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Salaam Brother,

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
How can we be certain Allah is pleased with us?
It was narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Some prisoners were brought to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and there was a woman among the prisoners who was searching (for her child). When she found her child she embraced him and put him to her breast. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to us, ‘Do you think that this woman would throw her child in the fire?’ We said, ‘No, by Allah, not if she is able not to.’ The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ‘Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this woman is to her child.’”

The Mercy of Allah is what will admit His believing slaves to Paradise on the Day of Resurrection. No one will ever enter Paradise because of his deeds alone, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No one’s deeds will ever admit him to Paradise.” They said, “Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “No, not even me, unless Allah showers me with His Mercy. So try to be near to perfection. And no one should wish for death; he is either doing good so he will do more of that, or he is doing wrong so he may repent.”
[al-Bukhari, Muslim]

To sum up, if a person has the characteristic of obedience to Allah and to His Messenger, then he may be one of those whom Allah loves; if a person persists in disobedience to Allah and His Messenger, then he deserves to incur the hatred and wrath of Allah. If Allaah loves you, do not ask about the good that you will attain and the virtue that you will acquire… it is sufficient for you to know that you are the beloved of Allaah.

Allah knows best, always! If you are following the teachings of the Quran and the Hadiths, you should know that Allah is always watching and knows all of this. Do not doubt yourself. Allah will always be pleased with his us if we follow the teachings of the Prophet (Please and blessings be upon him). Keep Allah Subhanahuwatallah in your heart, always. Nobody knows what will happen when death comes, so it's best to live everyday in a state of prayer.

And again, Allah always knows best.

Alpha Dude
06-26-2020, 09:59 PM
Our deeds are not enough, you are right. That's why we have hope in the mercy of Allah.

We should be living in a state of balance between fear and hope. Swing too far in either direction and we fall into problems.

Al-Ansariyah
06-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Assalamualaikum
If, from what i understood, you aren't satisfied enough with your good deeds,then i would strongly recommend you to go through this link.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1523...s-in-hereafter

- - - Updated - - -
According to it, any righteous person would feel that way.No worries.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
06-27-2020, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I feel sometimes our good deeds are never enough. It's scary to think that all we have done still doesn't amount much. Sometimes when we sin which seem minor can be detrimental. Even if we make duas for eveyone and forgive everyone. How can we be certain Allah is pleased with us? There is always this fear that I'm doing something wrong and Allah is not pleased with me.
Tips and advice?
I think we will never know in reality what goes on in the background. We can only pray, repent etc with a hope that our acts are all accepted and or are being offset against our sins.

Why and how we carry out good deeds?, why we sin or have been allowed to have sinned?, we do/did it out of our own free will and because Allah swt enables us to carry out acts via our free will. He gives us thowfiq. We pray he gives us thowfiq to do good only.

We cant see our balance sheet right now. That's the reality of it. We have to follow the course of predestined events and we have to make better choices.

When carrying out a good deed, I.e. giving charity etc. how can you think that it will not be accepted. It is categorically a good deed. Just dont be a hypocrite by involving yourself in a regular cycle of sinning and then performing a good deed straight after. What's the point?

I feel the same sometimes.... that Allah swt is not happy with me, I pray, pray and pray eventually realising we cant guarantee things to go our way if we pray. What is meant for you wont miss you, what is not meant for you wont reach you. We have to face all events we are destined for I suppose and still continue to have faith, have hope things will get better and still do good deeds once we are able to pick ourselves back up. I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

None of us are in direct two way communication with Allah swt so theres no way of knowing whether he is pleased with us or not, we can only give and wait for the day of reckoning, that's what I think anyway.

Only Allah swt knows what is in every heart. The sooner you align this concept with your acts of virtue, your own morals and your own sincerity the sooner you may understand that no act goes unnoticed. Therefore encouraging you to make better decisions insh Allah.

Keep giving, keep giving, keep doing good, keep doing good, keep praying, keep praying, keep up with your virtuous acts until your last breath and never look back! Subhanallah may Allah swt guide us all and comfort us during our trials.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.