PDA

View Full Version : Rulings & Manners of Supplication

Caplets
06-26-2020, 09:39 PM
:bism:

Rulings &
Manners of Supplication

Shaykh ‘Abdul ‘Aziz Aṭ-Ṭareefee

Asking Allāh for steadfastness is greater then asking for his forgiveness, because a servant may be forgiven his past sins (as a result), but there's no guarantee for his future. Of course, both supplications are great, but what counts is how it all ends (hence the importance of asking for steadfastness in faith until the last breath).

Sins being forgiven is a blessing greater then all the good things of the world and it's ownership. Indeed, Sulaymān (‘Alayhis Salām) had the greatest kingdom, yet he asked forgiveness before asking for that kingship.

"He (Sulaymān) turned to Us and prayed: ‘Lord forgive me! Grant me such power as no one after me will have..." (Sūrah Ṣād (38): 35)

----------
https://t.me/s/shaykhtarefe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
06-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Repentance Before Asking

It's recommended to express repentance when asking Allāh for your needs; because it may be that a person has a sin preventing his supplication from being accepted.

Allāh the Most High says,

ثُمَّ اَنَابَ‏ ◌ قَالَ رَبِّ اغۡفِرۡ لِىۡ وَهَبۡ لِىۡ مُلۡكًا لَّا يَنۡۢبَغِىۡ لِاَحَدٍ مِّنۡۢ بَعۡدِىۡۚ

"He turned to Us and prayed: ‘Lord forgive me! Grant me such power as no one after me will have..."
(Sūrah Ṣād (38): 34-35)

وَاَصۡلِحۡ لِىۡ فِىۡ ذُرِّيَّتِىۡ ؕۚ اِنِّىۡ تُبۡتُ اِلَيۡكَ

"...And instil righteousness in my offspring. I truly repent to You...”
(Sūrah Al-Aḥqāf (46): 15)

From the best of supplications, is to ask Allāh for pardon and well-being; because pardon secures the hereafter and well-being secures this life.

From the reasons of getting supplications accepted is the re-affirmation of (Allāh's) oneness and admittance of the soul's transgression.

Allāh the Most High says,

فَنَادٰى فِى الظُّلُمٰتِ اَنۡ لَّاۤ اِلٰهَ اِلَّاۤ اَنۡتَ سُبۡحٰنَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

"Then in the (veils of) darkness he cried out, 'There is no deity worthy of worship except You. Glory be to You! I have certainly done wrong.'" (Sūrah Anbiyā’ (21): 87)

Caplets
06-26-2020, 09:53 PM
Supplication From The Heart

Presence of the heart while supplicating is a requirement for it to get accepted. The most repeated supplication people make is:
اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ

"..guide us to the straight path.." (Sūrah al-Fātihah) (as we always recite it in our prayers) and yet most are lost.

That's because supplication with the tongue without presence of heart is (mere) mumbling.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.