/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Title Deception

Supernova
06-27-2020, 06:11 PM
Asalaamualaykum,

I would like to remind one and all, that deception in any form is Haraam in Islam.

It is becoming an unfortunate habit on I.B.

People are using a Title but the actual content has no truth in regards to the Title OR is manipulated only for people to click on thread.

Unfortunately Mods, Admin and Ourselves, we all have a part in this - have let this go on for too long, and it is that very little things that we turn a blind eye to, the lies and manipulative habit eventually weakens us all and the credibility of this site.

Is that hard to be truthful in the Title of the post, or has I.B becoming like FB now where egos are driven astronomical by the numbers who viewed the forum ?

Note: It is understandable that certain people might not be fluent in English, so I hope they can be either given a chance to change the Title OR The Admin overwrites their Title.

:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Walaikumasalaam

I personally haven't seen any click bait happening however if you do come across any examples please use the report it function so it brings the thread to our attention. Jazaka Allah.

Ümit
06-28-2020, 12:21 AM
neither did I stumble upon a deceptive title here in IB.
I did see a title where the content was something else than I expected every now and then...but that is more about personal expectations rather than being deceptive...besides, not everyone can always think out a catchy title which also fits the content perfectly.
so I cannot complain about that.

keiv
06-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Same. I haven't noticed it on here but I also don't view all the different sections around here.

Youtube is the worse when it comes to this though. Its been around for a while but it seems to be a new trend across many of the different Islamic channels unfortunately.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.