/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If I don't pray salah am I a kafir?...

Desert
07-12-2020, 03:20 PM
As Salamu alaikum

Is not praying salah even for one day make you a kafir?...
If I don't pray salah for a week am I kafir?...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
07-14-2020, 06:13 PM
Walekumassalam
There's a difference of opinion on this. Some say that it takes a person beyond the pale of islam and is considered kaafir. Some say if a person believes prayers are obligatory but doesn't offer them, he's still a muslim. Some say if a person doesn't believe they are obligatory nor does offer them, he's a kafir.
So sister ,best is to offer all the obligatory prayers. At last, only Allah SWT will judge. It's not on us to determine whether a muslim has become kafir or no. It's between them and Allah.

'Abdullah
07-14-2020, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
As Salamu alaikum

Is not praying salah even for one day make you a kafir?...
If I don't pray salah for a week am I kafir?...
Wa Alaikum Assalm Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu sister,

It is best to provide reasons why you dont pray. Such as having anxiety attacks, inability to make rational decisions, mental illness, etc.

Desert
07-15-2020, 04:18 PM
I don't pray because I have mental health issues such as major anxiety disorder and schizoaffective disorder if I don't take my meds....

I get movements jerky movements of arms and legs if I try to do wudu so I cannot do wudu or tayyammum....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Apollo
07-18-2020, 10:19 AM
About 20 years ago I was having a conversation with a distant relative who was a 'proper' Muslim,
I. e. the beard, hat, clothes etc. He asked me "do you pray 5 times a day and attend Friday prayers?"
I replied, "I attend Friday prayers, but have no time for the 5 daily compulsory prayers due work commitments." He responded, "If you have the intention then you will be able to make the time."

Desert
07-18-2020, 02:07 PM
As Salam alaikum

Okay so can I pray without tayyumum or wudu
Because what I can discribe myself as having is
Multiple scriousis a movement disorder that involves paralysis of limb or tardive dyskinesia if those movements don't stop...

My mother felt grief for me so she taught me how to do wudu outside our house near a corner it worked out fine but I guess I need to purify my intention....

Desert
07-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Basically what I wanted to know is can I pray without wudu or tayymumm because water or dust don't work for me just because of the movement neruorgical disorder I have...???

keiv
07-18-2020, 04:09 PM
If lack of time is an excuse, than quite honestly, it isn't a valid one. If you really think about how you spend your time everyday, I guarantee you that you can find the few minutes it takes to pray the fard prayers.

Desert
07-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Do I have to re say shahadah for not praying salah for 15 years and do I need to repeat all those salahs dear please answer???

Apollo
07-18-2020, 07:44 PM
I remember many years ago a retired Pakistan cricket captain came to out local mosque. He said that he was in the process of making up for the missed prayers.

m4rouf
07-18-2020, 11:48 PM
Do I have to re say shahadah for not praying salah for 15 years and do I need to repeat all those salahs dear please answer???
There’s a difference of opinion on this matter.

Some say that you should make up for all the years of missed Salat by doubling or tripling your salat each day.

Others say that missed salat cannot be made up for unless there’s a genuine reason. Instead, you need to ask for forgiveness sincerely. Maybe start praying sunnah salat too - I believe there’s a Hadith which says that sunnah salat can help make up for incomplete fardh salat.

You can say the shahada as many times as you like - it’s good dhikr but it doesn’t wipe away all your sins. Not unless you were a non-Muslim reverting to Islam.

'Abdullah
07-19-2020, 06:03 AM
Just seek forgiveness from Allah for the prayers you missed, there is no need to make those missed prayers ( and Allah knows the best!).
May Allah make it easy for you to pray. Ameen!
For more details, please read article below:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1117...missed-prayers

keiv
07-19-2020, 04:50 PM
If you made prayers on and off again for years, it would be impossible to know how many prayers you missed. Just start making an attempt to pray the fard and sunnah prayers as well as any extra prayers on top of that.

'Abdullah
07-19-2020, 08:15 PM
Hope the video below will be helpful on the issue of making up missed prayers:

Desert
07-19-2020, 08:55 PM
Can I pray with tayyammum if I can't use water due to my illness of involuntary movements?...

Desert
07-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Nevermind I figured out no matter how hard my wudu is going to be I have to do wudu with water even if I get jerky movements

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/31...-a-sick-person

When is Tayammum legitimate for a sick person - Islamweb - Fatwas
When is Tayammum legitimate for a sick person There is a sick woman who has been bedridden for three years She cannot perform Wudhoo ablution for each prayer Is she allowed to perform Tayammum dry ablution Knowing that she takes a bath every two weeks with the help of others and this constitutes hardship for her Please advise May Allaah Reward you All perfect praise be to Allaah The Lord of the Worlds I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam is His Slave and Messenger If the physician.....

Hamza Asadullah
07-20-2020, 07:31 AM
As Salam alaikum

Okay so can I pray without tayyumum or wudu
Because what I can discribe myself as having is
Multiple scriousis a movement disorder that involves paralysis of limb or tardive dyskinesia if those movements don't stop...

My mother felt grief for me so she taught me how to do wudu outside our house near a corner it worked out fine but I guess I need to purify my intention....
Assalaamu Alaikum,

So she showed you a way of performing Wudu which you can do on a daily basis for all your prayers. Is that correct?

Desert
07-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Yes that is correct...I was shown how to do wudu

Hamza Asadullah
07-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Yes that is correct...I was shown how to do wudu
Then what is the issue? Surely you will be rewarded greatly for any hardships you endure in order to fulfill your obligations unto Allah. This is a source of great rewards and blessings unto you.

So do not look at it as a burden or a curse for these hardships will enable you to get much closer to Allah and as long as you are patient and do not question Allah's wisdom then it will be a source of immeasurable rewards for you. To such an extent that when one sees such rewards on the day of Judgement they will wish they went through much greater trials so that one may attain even greater rewards.

Desert
07-20-2020, 01:11 PM
Thank you very much for that advice brother...

It was very beautiful....very beautiful

Jazakh Allaah khair

Thank you all for your help...

'Abdullah
07-20-2020, 03:32 PM
Can I pray with tayyammum if I can't use water due to my illness of involuntary movements?...
None of us know your situation but based on what you described it seems like making wadu is difficult for you due to some illness. Islam does not make things hard and does allow concessions to things easy. Tayyammum is allowed when it is hard to use water due to illness or water is simply not available.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.