/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evidence for how far a wife needs to obey the husband?

HowManyMore
07-16-2020, 10:10 AM
The title

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
07-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Nouman Ali Khan has some problematic tafsir at times. He bypasses about 5 steps such as tafsir by Quran, tafsir by sunnah, tafsir by sayings of sahabah etc to make a linguistic tafsir which although has its place it is not to be done in the manner he does. He also quotes from a mutazilite tafsir at times which is again problematic

Not commenting on the above I didn't watch it nor am I a scholar to comment but be wary of naks tafsir

'Abdullah
07-16-2020, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HowManyMore
Nouman Ali Khan has said in this video:

https://youtu.be/1azySjz4edk

that the Quran verse which is often referred to as saying that a woman should obey her husband is referring to obedience to Allah.

Hitting Women - That's Messed Up - Nouman Ali Khan - YouTube
I believe every ayah is a perfect gift from Allah. So protecting the integrity of an ayah about hitting women is very important. A new episode of "That's Mes......
I am not sure whats the objective of this post, if it is to understand this verse then I can explain with some reference to Quran & hadiths. If it is to point fingers at NAK, then I think it is wrong. NAK gave his opinion just like many other scholars give their opinions & explaination of Quranic verses. The end result is the same that majority of them agree that beating/lashing of wife is not proven from the Sunnah and the actions of the companions. In fact, if wife compalins that her husband beats her & there is enough evidence then Sharia court can nullify such marriage. This has been a practice of Sharia courts through out the Islamic history.

NAK is very underrated scholar and yes I am aware of issues which people have raised about him. I personally think he has brought more good to the community by explaining Quran to them on their level. He makes it easy for common people to understand Quran and for that very reason he sometime explains Quran in a non traditional way. Anyways, I have seen many young people getting more interested in learning Quran and Arabic because they are inspired by NAK. He has also publicly apologized for any the mistakes he has made in the past, therefore, we should either stay neutral or support anyone who promotes Islam & I support my brother NAK for making it easy for American Muslims to understand Quran. May Allah increase him in knowledge, preserve him and correct any of his and our mistakes.

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

HowManyMore
07-16-2020, 03:43 PM
Never mind

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.