/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am having doubts regarding my career

Al-Ansariyah
07-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Assalamualaikum
Mmm.. I want to study medicine and am keeping my intentions pure so Allah SWT may be pleased. But there's my senior who is studying the medicine as well but she says she's regretting choosing this field. She is very spiritual and pious hence I try to follow her. She says becoming a doctor would take take a lot of time and the age would be 30 by then, after wards or before that there will be marriage and so much business. What she actually meant basically was that there will be a waste of youth by studying medicine. She further said that she realized all this after a long time and I still have time to choose my career so I should be careful.
But I have heard that if we keep the intentions pure, we'll get the reward for it. So how it is a waste of time? I mean, med field is my passion and I have so much in my mind which I could do to benefit people especially Muslims. The reason I am not going for Islamic course is because I get pressurized due to exams which eventually leads me to dislike the subject sometimes and I would never ever want to dislike Islamic studies. I want to study anything which will benefit me in this world as well as the next. Is it really true that by studying about worldly things, we won't be rewarded?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HowManyMore
07-16-2020, 11:59 AM
I don't know, but female doctors are needed. You can get married and have children before you graduate. It'd be difficult being a doctor in the west though, since they have little chance to work with only the same gender. If you want to work in the medical field, you could become a nurse, that's easier. And if you choose not to pursue the career of a doctor you can still change your mind later.

Al-Ansariyah
07-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Yup, there's very less population of female doctors hence it becomes one of my reasons to become a doctor. I'm not from West and am not interested in nursing actually. The university I'm in has many fields which I can choose and being the Muslim University,it allows the woman to wear hijab. So there isn't any problem with this but does it really wastes the youth and won't we get the reward for it?

'Abdullah
07-16-2020, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by medico
Assalamualaikum
Mmm.. I want to study medicine and am keeping my intentions pure so Allah SWT may be pleased. But there's my senior who is studying the medicine as well but she says she's regretting choosing this field. She is very spiritual and pious hence I try to follow her. She says becoming a doctor would take take a lot of time and the age would be 30 by then, after wards or before that there will be marriage and so much business. What she actually meant basically was that there will be a waste of youth by studying medicine. She further said that she realized all this after a long time and I still have time to choose my career so I should be careful.
But I have heard that if we keep the intentions pure, we'll get the reward for it. So how it is a waste of time? I mean, med field is my passion and I have so much in my mind which I could do to benefit people especially Muslims. The reason I am not going for Islamic course is because I get pressurized due to exams which eventually leads me to dislike the subject sometimes and I would never ever want to dislike Islamic studies. I want to study anything which will benefit me in this world as well as the next. Is it really true that by studying about worldly things, we won't be rewarded?
Wa-Alaikum Assalam Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuh,

Our actions depends on our intentions. If you make an intention that you are going to study medical to help Muslims and especially Muslim women who don't want to be checked by male doctors then the time you spend is studying is also an act of worship & in sha'a Allah you will be rewarded for that. You can also make an intention to help poor and needy with the money you may earn through practicing medical & this will help you to get closer to Allah In Sha'a Allah. Lastly, you can help your children to fulfill your dreams by providing them Islamic education and helping them to become scholars In Sha'a Allah.

Hope that helps. And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
07-16-2020, 04:15 PM
It should not be an issue. However dont make the mistake of waiting too long. Despite being a doctor, these sisters then struggle finding spouses because they are bit older. If you are able to find a spouse early whose job isn't too stricted geographically and can move with you. Like a computer tech or engineer, it should be relatively easy then to still pursue medicine

Al-Ansariyah
07-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Marriage isn't the issue. I am not even worried about it. I have left that to my parents. Right now, marriage is so out of my mind because of my parents' fights. I am scared of it, seriously. I got it i will get reward everytime i study for the profession if i have good intentions. But the doubt still isn't much cleared. That senior who i mentioned before is such a pious person truly. All the seniors i know ,who are practicing aren't in this field. And that makes me doubtful. They have taken easy sides so they can practice islam much more. I just don't wanna regret after taking this field. I just need suggestions.

HowManyMore
07-16-2020, 04:55 PM
You should ask a scholar.

Studentofdeed
07-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Sister what are your concerns? I am not female but I am a muslim also studying for the medicine field? Is it regarding how to act in a way or certain fears? If you need advice, inshallah not perfect but I can give you best advice to my ability

Al-Ansariyah
07-16-2020, 05:41 PM
I am just worried that how she's regretting such a cool field. She says it takes lot of time and efforts and that one won't be able to practice islam or seek Islamic knowledge except salah and fast. And youth worship is really important so in our youth,we should give more time to worship.
Time management is the problem,honestly.

Studentofdeed
07-16-2020, 05:55 PM
Not necessarily. If she is practicing and she is passionate then she should still pursue medicine. We need more PRACTICING muslims in the field. I met only 2 such muslims. And her pursuing medicine should not stop her from getting married or time. I met a young guy married with a kid in medical school and practing muslim. Its more harder for a guy than a sister since pressure is more on the guy to hold the house. Tell the sister it is indeed possible.
If the sister is still in doubts she can pray istikhara. The hopefully whatever happens happens best

'Abdullah
07-16-2020, 06:07 PM
The advice I gave you was based on your current situation. You have previously stated that your family is not practicing and your parents want you to be a doctor. They already think you are brain washed, imagine what would be their reaction if you show any interest in learning Islam as full time student? Don't make things difficult for yourself.

Do Istikhara and leave matters in the Hands of Allah. Continue your study as is and don't worry. If Allah has written for you to gain Islamic knowledge and be a scholar, it will happen. You may end up marrying someone who will not want you to work & then you may have tons of time to focus on your Islamic education. Who knows what Allah has written for you? You can make dua, do Istikhara and do what seems best at the given circumstances. If Allah wills, he will create ways for you to gain more Islamic knowledge without creating any issues with your parents.

Have you heard about Dr. Haifa Younis? If not please look it up. https://miftaah.org/dr-haifaa-younis
She is a physician, Hafiza of the Quran and an Islamic scholar. Trust me you can do this all ( In Sha'a Allah) but it will take some time.

Continue your Quran memorization, even one verse a day will make a huge difference. Continue to learn Arabic and make sure by the time you are done with medical education ( 10+ years from now) you have a strong foundation ( finish memorizing Quran and understand Arabic language) to start your religious studies. If you can do this, trust me it will be a great achievement.

All the best!
Ma'aSalaam

MazharShafiq
07-17-2020, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
The advice I gave you was based on your current situation. You have previously stated that your family is not practicing and your parents want you to be a doctor. They already think you are brain washed, imagine what would be their reaction if you show any interest in learning Islam as full time student? Don't make things difficult for yourself.

Do Istikhara and leave matters in the Hands of Allah. Continue your study as is and don't worry. If Allah has written for you to gain Islamic knowledge and be a scholar, it will happen. You may end up marrying someone who will not want you to work & then you may have tons of time to focus on your Islamic education. Who knows what Allah has written for you? You can make dua, do Istikhara and do what seems best at the given circumstances. If Allah wills, he will create ways for you to gain more Islamic knowledge without creating any issues with your parents.

Have you heard about Dr. Haifa Younis? If not please look it up. https://miftaah.org/dr-haifaa-younis
She is a physician, Hafiza of the Quran and an Islamic scholar. Trust me you can do this all ( In Sha'a Allah) but it will take some time.

Continue your Quran memorization, even one verse a day will make a huge difference. Continue to learn Arabic and make sure by the time you are done with medical education ( 10+ years from now) you have a strong foundation ( finish memorizing Quran and understand Arabic language) to start your religious studies. If you can do this, trust me it will be a great achievement.

All the best!
Ma'aSalaam
Good suggestion.

Apollo
07-18-2020, 10:08 AM
When I was studying I knew someone who studied medicine and was married. It is a challenge to be a doctor but that is why you need very good grades and and skill to enter the profession.

Eric H
07-20-2020, 03:19 AM
Greetings and peace be with you medico;

I mean, med field is my passion and I have so much in my mind which I could do to benefit people especially Muslims.
My daughter had the same passion when she was a teenager, she wanted to be a midwife. She is now 41, a senior midwife and has taught midwifery part time at university. She is even more passionate about her role now. You are searching for a way to combine both Islam and medicine together, my feelings would be that you follow your calling and overcome all the obstacles thrown your way.

In the end, you must make up your own mind.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.